LegitBet
    steelers
    LegitBet's Avatar Become A Pro!

is 5dimes better than bodog for nfl dogs?

any thoughts on this anyone? i know bodog is a 'square' joint, but i enjoy their wide range of sucker products...
    however they seem to be a valuable source for dogs?

also how can i tell if i'm getting dual lines? I would imagine it's not just a 'signing on' issue, but IP address while checking lines NOT signed in..does that make any sense?
    thanks

tltaylor89
    FVn=S(1+c)n
    tltaylor89's Avatar Become A Pro!

5dimes has too many processor problems at the moment been waiting 7 days for a check.

John Dough
    John Dough's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10136

5Dimes has very vanilla lines except for their reduced juice. They don't inflate dogs like the Bodog square lines.

skrtelfan
    skrtelfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3337

Bodog stores a cookie in your browser. You can delete the cookie, but the easiest way is to just view the lines simultaneously in two browsers. Bodog's regular lines are very vanilla, so are 5Dimes. Occasionally you might find slight value on a weird conversion when 5D is doing their teaser blocking thing but it usually isn't anything ridiculously strong.

Flight
    Update your status
    Flight's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bodog is a good place to play. They offer half a point on most dogs, sometimes more. Often a +3 will be -125 at every book, while Bodog will maintain +3 -110. If you play it right, you can be at a real advantage playing at Bodog. Some say this won't last long, but I have been there for all of 2010 season with no problems.

For the dual line issue, you can detect this by using a proxy. A proxy will mask your IP address. You are "tunneling" your HTTP connection through another IP address.

Try going here and looking at your IP, it is easily detected.
    http://my-i-p.com/

Now go to this free proxy and enter the my-i-p address one more time.
    http://free-proxy.me/

Your IP and location will be totally hidden. Now you can go to bodog.com and look at the lines. The site doesn't load that well through a proxy as many javascript and asp pages won't work. But you can still see the lines and decide for yourself if you are seeing dual lines. (Note I have never seen a dual line on bodog, but others swear it happens).

skrtelfan
    skrtelfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3337

Interestingly, the square line is actually a worse line on the Bears right now whereas it's usually a worse line on favorites. If you're seeing Bears +3.5 -115, you're on the square line. Regular line is Bears +3.5 (-110)

Edit: that didn't last long, now they're both at a regular +3.5.