BulDawg
    BulDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

HELP! BetOnline Security Checks, Im Shocked!

HI
    i wanted to receive sum bonus and connected with live chat and they asked me for my password??!!! actually this is 1st time when support ask me for my password to identify me, usual they ask me for security question or sum details in my account BUT NEVER MY PASSWORD!!??? how can i be sure that im REALLY talk with REAL support at this moment??!!
    i wanna ask what is your experience with it and is it normal specially about BetOnline??!!! they can identify member without askin 4 passwords! im really shocked and here is my correspondence with live chat:

Zack O'Riley: Thank you for contacting BetOnline Live Chat Service. How may I assist you today?
    svetozar: hi, i have a no deposit bonus offer for ****

svetozar: for new accounts with bonus code ****

Zack O'Riley: hello, how are you? my i have your password please?
    svetozar: my password??
    svetozar: of course not
    Zack O'Riley: Thank you.
    Zack O'Riley: For security purposes, could you please provide your password?
    Zack O'Riley: andaccount number as well
    svetozar: im sorry but i cant tell u my password and u dont have rights to ask about it
    svetozar: i can give u my acc number - ******

Zack O'Riley: we actually know your password and it is request to confirm that you are the card holder
    svetozar: thats why there is security question, i wont tell nobody my password
    Zack O'Riley: is just a procedure to verify the card holder
    svetozar: i told u my acc number
    svetozar: and i can answer of sum questions to verify me
    Zack O'Riley: I will be right with you...
    svetozar: ok
    Zack O'Riley: I understand your concern, Svetozar. However, as per stated in our Terms and Conditions, that you can freely review in our site.
    Zack O'Riley: 3.Clients must identify themselves by account number and password before obtaining odds, placing wagers, and/or verifying account balances.
    Zack O'Riley: This is an standard procedure.
    svetozar: but this is when i need to login
    svetozar: not to response with support
    svetozar: ok ask me sumthin else in my account
    Zack O'Riley: your attempted to obtain a bonus and i need you to confirm with account and password
    svetozar: ok i will tell u only first 4 signs
    svetozar: this is 1st time when support ask me for my password EVER
    Zack O'Riley: in order to continue i will need the full password
    svetozar: i dont understand that procedure, always asked me for security question or sumthin
    Zack O'Riley: Thank you for waiting. I'll be with you in just a moment...
    Zack O'Riley: the security question is use for costumer who want to change their password or missing password
    svetozar: ok at this time i wont tell u my password i will get more info about that and ill write u soon, bye 4 now
    Zack O'Riley: right now i have your password on the screen, i need you to confirm with the password in order to credit your bonus into your account
    svetozar: **** is first 4 digits
    Zack O'Riley: i really need you to confirm with the full password in order to continue
    svetozar: ill write later sorry, this is 1st time when asked me for my pass, i need to check that with other people
    Zack O'Riley: Svetozar, i have already all your info of your account on front of me
    svetozar: i dont think this is RIGHT!
    svetozar: i cant be sure that
    svetozar: ask me then sumthin else in my account then?
    Zack O'Riley: every costumer have to confirm with account and password in order to receive the benefits from our promotions
    svetozar: u can confirm with sumthin else NOT PASSWORD
    Zack O'Riley: is part of the procedures
    Zack O'Riley: you can find it in the rules on the webpage
    svetozar: ok i will check that and will write u soon
    svetozar: bye 4 now

mathdotcom
    mathdotcom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1943

Dawg I can tell you've been in the business a long time...

dark_knight
    dark_knight's Avatar Become A Pro!

It is a strange procedure but many books do it including DSI, Bookmaker, YouWager, etc etc so it's perfectly normal.

JoshW
    JoshW's Avatar Become A Pro!

Fairly common now. Doesn't seem like a best practice, but is done.

RichardGeorge
    RichardGeorge's Avatar Become A Pro!

Its very common... Pretty much every book does now.

sundin4prez
    sundin4prez's Avatar Become A Pro!

"im sorry but i cant tell u my password and u dont have rights to ask about it"

CP121987
    CP121987's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well I have an account with them and other book and on both of them they ALWAYS ask for the account number and password, is security reasons, what if you want to make a deposit or any other transaction like a wager, etc and the person in the other side type in the wrong account number but didn´t confirmed your password, or somebody at home found your account number and they want to call the book to find out anything about the account or whatever, that´s why they use passwords, if you don´t have it they cannot make any changes or provide you any info about the account and like the guy told you it is states on the rules:

http://www.betonline.com/rules

3. Clients must identify themselves by account number and password before obtaining odds, placing wagers, and/or verifying account balances.

On my other account from Bookmaker, they ask me as well for account number and password, is just routine.

BulDawg

Quote Originally Posted by CP121987 View Post
    http://www.betonline.com/rules

3. Clients must identify themselves by account number and password before obtaining odds, placing wagers, and/or verifying account balances.
    yea i saw that, BUT man this is ONLY when u login to the site, not to discuss with support!!! this rule is insane and it seems its only on US bookies, never in europe book any support asked me for my password!! how da fak i can be sure sum 3rd party wouldnt get that info??? so many online cheats, that to send your password wherever is sick!!!

Jrod124
    Update your status
    Jrod124's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 535

common practice. I never played at a book that didn't require my user name and password before answering questions

LGBoots
    LGBoots's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

No UK book would ever do this.

Have to admit I was pretty shocked the 1st time this happened to me at a Costa R book. Security must be threatened when they request details like this on Live Chat!

tommygun
    Hareeba! for Prime Minister
    tommygun's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 638

hey mate, everytime i log onto chat they ask me for my password!!! I'm like to them: "ok since you now know my password, do I have to change it?" and they reply: "nothing to worry about sir", all they need as a rogue/pissed off employee to hack into someones account and clean out their balance, could be over anything eg. you have a dispute with them on chat, the employee is disgruntled gets fired and wants to fck people up because hes pissed off etc. hmmmmm

tommygun
    Hareeba! for Prime Minister
    tommygun's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 638

in reality account number and your name should be enough information. eg. european/australian books.

Ministar
    Ministar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Svetozar - king of security!

vitalyo
    vitalyo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Quote Originally Posted by sundin4prez View Post
    "im sorry but i cant tell u my password and u dont have rights to ask about it"
    Yes you are stupid !!!
    In UK if anyone ! Even the manager asks for your password would be fired !

BulDawg is right . That's why there is security questions + with UK books Security attached personal numbers . If there is any issue they will ask you for your security code . Not the password . In 13 years no European nor Australian book asked me for my password .

sundin4prez is ether stupid or new to gambling .

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's irresponsible behavior by books. It doesn't matter how many do it. Chat is not secure, no matter what they say.

They will, however, with absolute certainty hold the player responsible for the safety of his password.

It's an issue I wish SBR could address, because the books don't seem to be up to date on the realities of internet security.
    Last edited by Dark Horse; 09-29-10 at 04:22 PM.

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20471

Quote Originally Posted by Jrod124 View Post
    common practice. I never played at a book that didn't require my user name and password before answering questions
    NONE of the books I play with ask for password

moonbeam
    moonbeam's Avatar Become A Pro!

As mentioned before, Betonline, cris, Greek, Phoenix, and much more of this american books asked for password.

But I really understand the pain of the threadopener buldwog.

jimbo747
    jimbo747's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

just had a similar conversation myself. Even when I signed up to some of the books moonbeam mentioned I wasn't asked for a password. Their CS told me they can see it on their screen anyway, which is worrying from a security / unhappy employee perspective.

Would never see betfair or pinnacle do that!

acarmelo1
    The Panamanian Connection
    acarmelo1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1581

after you give them your account number, they already have all your info on display. So no point on not wanting to give them your password.

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20471

Quote Originally Posted by acarmelo1 View Post
    after you give them your account number, they already have all your info on display. So no point on not wanting to give them your password.
    that's not the case at books which implement state of the art security measures

at that those that don't, live chat sessions are not the most secure of mediums

BulDawg

Quote Originally Posted by vitalyo View Post
    In UK if anyone ! Even the manager asks for your password would be fired !

BulDawg is right . That's why there is security questions + with UK books Security attached personal numbers . If there is any issue they will ask you for your security code . Not the password . In 13 years no European nor Australian book asked me for my password .
    Absolutely!!

BET THE HOOK
    BET THE HOOK's Avatar Become A Pro!

Its not a big deal just follow the rules and play nice.

loyd
    loyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1758

Quote Originally Posted by BulDawg View Post
    HI
    i wanted to receive sum bonus and connected with live chat and they asked me for my password
    of course they ask you for your password because alot of people can know ur login, some one who knows ur login can get to chat and mess up ur account.

venhitman
    venhitman's Avatar Become A Pro!

i do not like to give my password...that is stupid rule...