Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

The echo effect

If you want to manipulate, especially smaller markets, focus on Pinny, Olympic and Cris. Despite Pinny's departure from the US, they are still copied by most offshores.

Today I put 1k on Arizona +14 +105 at Pinny. The moved to +13 -105. Within 10 seconds, 5Dimes and Betonline moved off the 14. 2 minutes later, Oly moved off.

So who cares? Anyone betting Arena. If you see a game lined on a 7 and are playing at least 5k a side, you can "bump" the line either way, and get more equity than just straight buying of a discounted half-point.

curious
    curious's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Justin7 View Post
    If you want to manipulate, especially smaller markets, focus on Pinny, Olympic and Cris. Despite Pinny's departure from the US, they are still copied by most offshores.

Today I put 1k on Arizona +14 +105 at Pinny. The moved to +13 -105. Within 10 seconds, 5Dimes and Betonline moved off the 14. 2 minutes later, Oly moved off.

So who cares? Anyone betting Arena. If you see a game lined on a 7 and are playing at least 5k a side, you can "bump" the line either way, and get more equity than just straight buying of a discounted half-point.
    Your example doesn't make any sense. How does the book making the line less favorable after you make your bet help you? Unless you are going to then bet 2K on the opposing team at -13, which doesn't really make sense to me.

Justin7

Quote Originally Posted by curious View Post
    Your example doesn't make any sense. How does the book making the line less favorable after you make your bet help you? Unless you are going to then bet 2K on the opposing team at -13, which doesn't really make sense to me.
    Assume the market is Chicago -7. I want to bet 20k on Chicago. I can buy the hook, risking 24k to win 20k at -6.5.

Or, I can throw a head-fake. Bet 4k at the big books, and the line moves everywhere. I take back 24k at -6.5 -110. By betting 4k both ways, I lose 400 in juice, or rather paid 400 for the hook instead of 2000.

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

20k's a little steep for me on arena at this point,

But, it certainly shows how easy it is to manipulate these markets.

Frank
    Frank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9825

Quote Originally Posted by curious View Post

-13 -105 and +14 +105 makes a lot of sense to some people

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    -13 -105 and +14 +105 makes a lot of sense to some people
    Indeed it does Mr.Frank.

katstale
    katstale's Avatar Become A Pro!

I can tell you for a fact that since the American market dried up for these books--it only takes a couple grand to move the line. Given that, i am sure you are correct that you could successfuly move an arena line a point or two with somewhat small wagers and then jump on the other side with a good sized bet.

20Four7
    Timmy T = Failure
    20Four7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4120

I"ve also seen the greek put out a "bad line" on 2nd half NBA then correct it quickly leading the copy cat books hanging out the "bad greek Line". I hope arizona was your "real" bet as they won the game outright.

Justin7

20Four7,

I liked Arizona a little in the game. They were trying a new QB, and I made the line Chicago -11. +14 -110 would be a small play, but Pinny hung +14 +105. It was scalpable, and I liked the side... so I took "half a scalp" (playing the sharp side of a scalpable game, and passing on the "wrong side" of the scalp).

austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

thanks for the read, we need more topics like this.

20Four7
    Timmy T = Failure
    20Four7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4120

Quote Originally Posted by Justin7 View Post
    20Four7,

I liked Arizona a little in the game. They were trying a new QB, and I made the line Chicago -11. +14 -110 would be a small play, but Pinny hung +14 +105. It was scalpable, and I liked the side... so I took "half a scalp" (playing the sharp side of a scalpable game, and passing on the "wrong side" of the scalp).
    Thanks for sharing what you did Justin, I do follow AFL but certainly am NOT as good a capper as you in it. I understood what you were getting at in your thread, but just curious as to who you did like.