q1189
    q1189's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bet-at-home security breach

I had an amount of money sitting in my Bet at Home account, and for personal reasons I have not had time to do any betting since June.

I logged on to my account last week to find that at the end of July, the whole amount was bet on a tennis match.

I didn't make this bet, and I certainly haven't given out my account number of PIN to anybody, and nobody has access to my computer.

I believe that Bet at Home have either assigned an incorrect bet to my account (I never bet on tennis or place a single bet for that much), or have had a security breach allowing somebody there to access my account (they assigned me the account number and PIN).

Bet at Home just say that I must have given somebody my details.

Has anybody else had a problem with them security wise?

Where would be my next port of call in order to further investigate this problem?

Ruifgalmeida
    Ruifgalmeida's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Never saw any problem like this at Bet-At-Home, they suck as a bookie but the money is very safe there

nenad
    nenad's Avatar Become A Pro!

first time hear this kind of problem wiyh bah

moonbeam
    moonbeam's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Ruifgalmeida View Post
    Never saw any problem like this at Bet-At-Home, they suck as a bookie but the money is very safe there
    Ruifgalmeida is very right in this point

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

wow that really sucks....hard to prove even if you werent disputing it months later.

BWest
    BWest's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1019

Best to stay at the larger sites rated A or higher.

moonbeam
    moonbeam's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BWest View Post
    Best to stay at the larger sites rated A or higher.
    Thats not a good idea Bwest

kostasgr
    kostasgr's Avatar Become A Pro!

For me bet at home is a very good company,but if this thing happend to you,take your money and run.

CollegePro
    CollegePro's Avatar Become A Pro!

i think there is really nothing you can do about that money now

Cicima6709
    Cicima6709's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1565

Ya, that sucks.

Maybe they could tell you the IP that the bet was placed from...that would be a start?

sq764
    sq764's Avatar Become A Pro!

wow that is freaking nuts

nenad
    nenad's Avatar Become A Pro!

yea if you are right send complaint and ask to investigate ip of bet wich is placed not by you

lukahh
    lukahh's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by q1189 View Post
    I had an amount of money sitting in my Bet at Home account, and for personal reasons I have not had time to do any betting since June.

I logged on to my account last week to find that at the end of July, the whole amount was bet on a tennis match.

I didn't make this bet, and I certainly haven't given out my account number of PIN to anybody, and nobody has access to my computer.

I believe that Bet at Home have either assigned an incorrect bet to my account (I never bet on tennis or place a single bet for that much), or have had a security breach allowing somebody there to access my account (they assigned me the account number and PIN).

Bet at Home just say that I must have given somebody my details.

Has anybody else had a problem with them security wise?

Where would be my next port of call in order to further investigate this problem?
    Did you fill out a complaint with SBR?

The very least they should do is check the time and IP of this wager, and consult a long-on list to see if it matches your claims.

q1189

Thanks for your replies. I will go back to them and ask re the IP address, and then try a complaint with SBR.

q1189

Just thought I would update this post.

Bet at home have not replied to any of my email complaints, or sent any further information on the IP that the bet was placed on.

After an initial email asking for more information, SBR appear to have done absolutely nothing. Never heard anything further.

Very disappointed in both Bet at home and SBR, and I haven't actually placed a bet on line since this episode, not sure I ever will again as there is clearly no comeback if there is a problem.

lukahh
    lukahh's Avatar Become A Pro!

The next step then is: call b-a-h and talk to somebody responsible. if it doesnt work, send message to all regulators on their site, with b-a-h as CC.