Yossarian
    Yossarian's Avatar Become A Pro!

Do you think the Greek would notice...

This might be the worst idea ever, but it at least crossed my mind. The Greek has a rule that you have to be 21, well of course I'm 20 and turn 21 in february. I really want to get an account on greek though because they are the only book I know open to US players that offer a kind of line I'm looking for to bet on NBA. And I can't wait til march, by then the season is over halfway done. So I'm wondering if I could just put my birthday as 1989 instead of 1990, and hope they don't notice when it's time to withdraw. Is there any chance in hell this could work or would I be completely putting my funds at risk?

Raven66
    Raven66's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 685

I wouldn't risk it.

RonPaul2008
    Update your status
    RonPaul2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243569

Not wise. They will ask for a copy of your driver's license before you can withdraw.

OldSchool75
    OldSchool75's Avatar Become A Pro!

How does he have a post but no points?

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

Bad idea. You're asking for huge headaches.

Better idea: move (or visit) a country that allows gambling at 18. register there. It might not work, but you'll know quickly if it doesn't.

Yossarian

Quote Originally Posted by Justin7 View Post
    Bad idea. You're asking for huge headaches. Better idea: move (or visit) a country that allows gambling at 18. register there. It might not work, but you'll know quickly if it doesn't.
    There are plenty of online books that allow 18 year olds. In fact Greek is the only one I know of that doesn't.

I'm wondering if it would be possible to make an arrangement with them so that I could bet, but not withdraw until I'm 21. Would they really turn down my business?

brxbmbers42
    brxbmbers42's Avatar Become A Pro!

they will ask for your DL before your first withdrawal. now whoever handles the DL you send them might be stupid enough not to look at year and add it up. but i wouldnt risk it

skrtelfan
    skrtelfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3337

There are other books that only require you be 18--while the Greek is a fine book, I doubt you'd gain enough EV in 3 or 4 extra months of using them to make up for the risk of being caught underage.

IrishTim
    IrishTim's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

Quote Originally Posted by skrtelfan View Post
    There are other books that only require you be 18--while the Greek is a fine book, I doubt you'd gain enough EV in 3 or 4 extra months of using them to make up for the risk of being caught underage.
    Speaking from experience, bingo.

Yossarian

Quote Originally Posted by skrtelfan View Post
    Right, but I'm interested in the greek specifically because they offer the kind of lines I'm looking for, and the only other sites I've found to offer them are either 1) european and ban US players, or 2) extremely shady books that I don't trust with my money.

Do you think I could work out an arrangement with the greek where I could bet but could not withdraw until I turn 21? Would they really turn down my business?

Yossarian

Hmm my posts are delayed in showing up, this is weird lol.

playa420
    playa420's Avatar Become A Pro!

not worth the hassle man, bookmaker is just as good if not better than the greek and you dont have to be 21 there.

kmarinouofm
    Those who stay.. will be Champions!
    kmarinouofm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3451

what are these special lines u are talking about??

stikymess
    stikymess's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 63

Quote Originally Posted by kmarinouofm View Post
    Yea give us an example of these "special lines"

Winner_13
    Winner_13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1087

dont do this
    .i did this with SIA and they paid me when I was losing lol.

then i stopped gambling for a while and started again after my 18th bday using the same account thinking it would be OK because they paid me before

then i started WINNING(more than my total deposits) AND WITHDREW( I AM over 18 AT THIS POINT) THEY ask for my i.d and SAY TOO BAD U REGISTERED UNDERAGE
    and i didnt profit
    just got my money back

Justin7 was on the case for me and he supported their decision so i cant argue.

sorry for the non editing and caps lock too late in the night..
    i would also like to know what you think of this
    Last edited by Winner_13; 09-23-10 at 03:58 AM.

Stumpage
    Update your status
    Stumpage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13658

Just bite the bullet and wait until February...Why wager for months while having the threat of being caught hanging over your head? If you make any profit at all, it will be eradicated if they realize you tried to dupe them.

me-first
    me-first's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Yeah, I agree with the others..TheGreek is a very good book, but not "so good" that one should be looking to sneak in there to wager..With that said, email your same question to them. I'm not sure of their reason for the rule, but if there's no type of legal reasoning behind it, maybe they'd be willing to overlook it in certain situations. As with any book though, if you get somebody to say "it's OK", when it's normally not, make sure you get it in writing and save it..
    Last edited by me-first; 09-23-10 at 06:28 AM.

NuNo
    NuNo's Avatar Become A Pro!

better not pal

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

Learn early go get women don't gamble at your age you don't want to end up like rest of us

mminkovski
    mminkovski's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17477

Olympic asks for an ID copy before you can withdraw. I wouldn't take any chances with them...

thespeculator
    thespeculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13168

greek is a great book, they go by the rules and expect the same from the players, it better to have them as an option than to be banned

Yossarian

Quote Originally Posted by kmarinouofm View Post
    They offer moneylines for all 4 nba quarters, and they don't take them all down at tipoff. All the other offshore books I know of don't offer these. I think sportsinteraction and sportsbetting also offer them, but I am not sure if my money is safe at those places.

DBurton81
    DBurton81's Avatar Become A Pro!

I wouldn't risk it....just play at another book until February

Ahambone
    Ahambone's Avatar Become A Pro!

Greek definitely isn't a book you want to try to scam- they're the kind of book you're going to want in your corner in the future.

relaaxx
    relaaxx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13978

play at sportsbetting.com til your 21. i think it's a great place. i have always gotten paid fast. great bonuses - low rollover. good lines. the greek is even better, of course( no where near as good bonuses). but for now try sportsbetting.com, you may find you do not even switch when your 21. just open a 2nd account because you will like sportbetting so much.

skrtelfan
    skrtelfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3337

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    Right, but I'm interested in the greek specifically because they offer the kind of lines I'm looking for, and the only other sites I've found to offer them are either 1) european and ban US players, or 2) extremely shady books that I don't trust with my money.

Do you think I could work out an arrangement with the greek where I could bet but could not withdraw until I turn 21? Would they really turn down my business?
    Very doubtful, the requirement that you be 21 is almost certainly due to local laws and not Greek policy. The Greek does offer options that are tough to find elsewhere and is probably the most reliable book that accepts Americans, so I see where you're coming from, but if you get caught and your winnings are confiscated, you might as well have bet with a shady book in the first place.

increasedodds
    increasedodds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Just play. When they ask for your license, change the date.

Or use a different book that doesn't request licenses.

RickySteve
    SBR is a criminal organization
    RickySteve's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 187

Most books don't care about your license unless you're depositing by credit card.

lesniczy
    lesniczy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Did you work out an arrangement with the greek?

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

Quote Originally Posted by lesniczy View Post
    Did you work out an arrangement with the greek?
    Yes. The Greek agreed that he is welcome to play when he turns 21, but not before then.

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20489

Don't try to fool them on your age or provide false documents

Find a trusted 21 year old friend to open an account for you and play on that until you grow up