msdw1
    msdw1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Lower limit after losing at Heritage

I joined this month after getting a free $500 account mailer. All of my bets are on totals. After a 5x rollover betting the 20% max ($100/game), I had them remove the $100/game limits. At $1800, I bet the balance twice to get up to $6k+. I lost the next two max bets at $3k (baseball and football) to go bust. When I reloaded, I received a 30% cash bonus but my baseball limits are now $1k.

I notice that they don't post maximums. Are they decided on a per customer basis? Is it normal to have limits adjusted so quickly, especially after not winning?

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

As a general guideline, Heritage likes to keep things in-house. If you have questions, discuss things with them first. They are very flexible. And when they do you a favor, as they often do, they may add a request not to post it on a forum. That's part of their personality. It's a private betting club, with many benefits and unusual generosity. They're interested in a long term relationship with the customer. In terms of limits, if longevity is a concern to you, you want to be profiled as 'sharp, but not overly aggressive' instead of 'sharp, and extremely aggressive'. So stay under the radar a little, and try to get a feel for what they are comfortable with.

If I understand correctly, the title of this topic is misleading. If they gave you a free 500 account, you didn't lose. They allowed you to lose their money with max limits. You can probably earn the limits back, but on your own dime.
    Last edited by Dark Horse; 09-22-10 at 01:20 AM.

HedgeHog
    HedgeHog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16973

Your limits were set based on the deposit you just made, and had nothing to do with your winning or losing. After you complete this rollover, you can have your limits raised--at least that was the case with me. BTW, how much did you deposit? If, for example, you put in 5 grand or less, then a 1k limit is quite generous given your 30% bonus. No Book wants to give a bonus to a one (or two) and done bettor for obvious reasons (hint--arb).

When you accept a bonus, I believe Heritage sets your limit at no more than 20% of your deposit which is just plain good business sense. Thus, if you want higher limits, you can do one of two things: (1) Deposit more or (2) pass on the bonus.

Raven66
    Raven66's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 685

Freedom of speech. You can post whatever you want. Who cares how they feel. Spread the word.

trixtrix
    trixtrix's Avatar Become A Pro!

hh is correct, when i completed to 500 free cash rollover, i had something like 3k limits, after making a 2.5k cash dep+ 30% bonus, my limits were scaled back to 700.

wrongturn
    Update your status
    wrongturn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3726

It is smart business sense to limit wager to 20-30% of deposit when a good bonus is attached.

mnorrell
    mnorrell's Avatar Become A Pro!

I deposited 1.5K with a VERY generous cash bonus and my limits were 500 dollars, but he said that was because i took the backup insurance.

Santo
    Santo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

What DH and others say above may well be correct for Heritage, but in general it's not always whether you win or lose that will determine your limits, but rather what you play vs the closing line.

BigDaddy
    BigDaddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 729

did anyone catch that he bet his balance 2 times?

they do not like in and outs.

they offer to much to cater to bonus whores and bonus abusers (nothing wrong with bonus whores or abusers IMO but the book has the right to limit them if they so choose IMO)

they even say that on the site rules

Raven66

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    did anyone catch that he bet his balance 2 times?

they do not like in and outs.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post

they offer to much to cater to bonus whores and bonus abusers (nothing wrong with bonus whores or abusers IMO but the book has the right to limit them if they so choose IMO)

they even say that on the site rules
    You cares if ya hit and run. Its about us, not the books.

BigDaddy
    BigDaddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 729

i never said it was bad to do

you just can't do it at books that offer nice bonuses

they will not put up with it for to long.

Chuck Sims
    Chuck Sims's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 860

Heritage's smart business model allows them to offer incredible bonuses. The bonus that refunds your entire initial deposit if you lose it is tremendous.

Raven66

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Sims View Post
    Heritage's smart business model allows them to offer incredible bonuses. The bonus that refunds your entire initial deposit if you lose it is tremendous.
    Thats why I will put some funds in this book eventually.

ncat12
    ncat12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32

Quote Originally Posted by Raven66 View Post
    Freedom of speech. You can post whatever you want. Who cares how they feel. Spread the word.
    It has Nothing to due w/ 'free speech' ...which I do not believe Heritage or SBR is located in the good ol USA, you can blab all you want then come back and cry

msdw1
    msdw1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by HedgeHog View Post
    Your limits were set based on the deposit you just made, and had nothing to do with your winning or losing. After you complete this rollover, you can have your limits raised--at least that was the case with me. BTW, how much did you deposit? If, for example, you put in 5 grand or less, then a 1k limit is quite generous given your 30% bonus. No Book wants to give a bonus to a one (or two) and done bettor for obvious reasons (hint--arb).

When you accept a bonus, I believe Heritage sets your limit at no more than 20% of your deposit which is just plain good business sense. Thus, if you want higher limits, you can do one of two things: (1) Deposit more or (2) pass on the bonus.
    I reloaded for $3k.

HedgeHog
    HedgeHog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16973

With the 30% bonus then you were nearly at 4k, so it looks like they were letting you bet 25% of your bankroll, which seems fair. As I say, you will likely get your higher limits back after you complete the RO

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

Quote Originally Posted by HedgeHog View Post
    With the 30% bonus then you were nearly at 4k, so it looks like they were letting you bet 25% of your bankroll, which seems fair. As I say, you will likely get your higher limits back after you complete the RO

nosttrader
    nosttrader's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

When I funded 3k they set my max limit to 3k. after rollover is met you can request them to increase limit.