bubba
    bubba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8458

check"on hold" at my bank (from reputable bank)

theys said will have more info tomorrow morning by 7am. is it possible my bank has me flagged and thats why? i have sent many wires to books over the last month. or is it m ore likely there are just insuffiecent funds and it will bounce? i have never had that happene before but i guess thats what im hoping for.

ForgetWallStreet
    ForgetWallStreet's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bubba View Post
    theys said will have more info tomorrow morning by 7am. is it possible my bank has me flagged and thats why? i have sent many wires to books over the last month. or is it m ore likely there are just insuffiecent funds and it will bounce? i have never had that happene before but i guess thats what im hoping for.
    I made the mistake of depositing 4 checks from the same processor at the same time earlier this month and 3 of them were sent back as "counterfeit". I guess the 3K every 7 days rule exists for a reason.

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20525

not at all unusual in my experience for a cheque drawn on an overseas bank to be subject to 30 days clearance

bubba

something is defenitely wrong per the bank. nott the usual hold

ForgetWallStreet

something is defenitely wrong per the bank. nott the usual hold
    Which book was the check from?

trixtrix
    trixtrix's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ForgetWallStreet View Post
    I made the mistake of depositing 4 checks from the same processor at the same time earlier this month and 3 of them were sent back as "counterfeit". I guess the 3K every 7 days rule exists for a reason.
    i don't think that's the reason, i deposited 20k worth of sia checks after they booted me and send me all my payments at once on 3k checks, my bank credited them the next day

it's bank/player/processor/location dependent, i would say esp relationship dependent, if bank views you as a valuable customer, they will try not to marr any relationships

bubba

bank told me check has been mailed back to me. what an annoyance(at best). this is going to cost me time for sure. i hope not money too.

mods- should i mention the name of the book or just wait untill there is an end to this first?

michael777
    michael777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3128

did the bank say why they did not accept the check?

bubba

no, said probably could not verify the check. basically it bouced. i was charged 10 bucks. they said a letter in the mail will have the explanation.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

I've had the bank tell me I couldn't take the check as cash...And that I had to deposit it.

I have 2 banks with seperate checking accounts, and the 1 back I only had 1500 in the account, and they said I can only cash a check for what I have in the account. So then I just deposited it all into the checking and went back the next day to cash some out.

Could that of been your problem? were you cashing the check or depositing it?

bubba

deopsiting. i havent tried to touch the $. i just noticed my account balance was lower then it should be. i called and they told me there was a problem with the check.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J

What book was it. It's not going to hurt anything if you say it. The book won't know who you are and you didn't say anything wrong about them, you just said you couldn't cash your check.

But you should definately say what book it was, because that may keep some of us from joining them.

ForgetWallStreet

this is going to cost me time for sure. i hope not money too.
    I am dealing with 3 separate books on this same issue right now. It will be a full month since the original deposit date before you see the funds, assuming you stay on top of things.

thespeculator
    thespeculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13168

this is another reason to use goldp, you don't need to worry about checks being put on hold , get 3k in ** another 3k in **, downside is the fees, but i would rather have my cash

bubba

its bodog, they neeed me to send them proof. they seem less concerned/upset then i am. but i dont doubt i willl get the money (eventually)

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J

Now I'm confused.

Before Bodog sent me my first payout they needed me to send them the credit card I used and a copy of my license.

You didn't send that info to them first? and they sent you the check, but for some reason they sent you a check that was on hold?

bubba

what? they sent me a check that bounced. they did not ask for that info. i have been with them about 5 years, never had a payout porblem

BodogBecky
    BodogBecky's Avatar Become A Pro!

what? they sent me a check that bounced. they did not ask for that info. i have been with them about 5 years, never had a payout porblem
    Has this issue been resolved yet? If not, please PM me your account information, and assuming you're located in the US, I'll ask the head of bodog.com finance to look into this for you. (If you're not located in the US please let me know where and I'll contact the appropriate bodog brand licensee on your behalf).

Thanks,
    Becky

bubba

pm sent. thanks for any help with this process. it seems lots of books have had a problem recently but still no less frustrating on my end

midnight777
    midnight777's Avatar Become A Pro!

i ran into a similar problem also...

DukeJohn
    DukeJohn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

pm sent. thanks for any help with this process. it seems lots of books have had a problem recently but still no less frustrating on my end
    I have had a couple of issues with checks, not from bodog, but a couple of other places. Mainly they were just frustrating hassles that finally got worked out.

I hope this all works out for ya.

I will say it is nice to have Bodog Becky here to help put people in contact with the right person.

BoL,

oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2500

but the best way to deal with your bank is if they have an atm that u can deposit your checks,do it that way cause u dont have any of that hassle.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J

Quote Originally Posted by oiler View Post
    but the best way to deal with your bank is if they have an atm that u can deposit your checks,do it that way cause u dont have any of that hassle.

That's what I've been thinking about doing lately. Having a 3K check from some weird place always feels a little awkward going in the bank.

Do you do this at chase? and does it take a couple days for it to hit your account? Do you actually stick your check in the machine, or does it just scan it? I've never used it before.

brxbmbers42
    brxbmbers42's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ngates815 View Post
    That's what I've been thinking about doing lately. Having a 3K check from some weird place always feels a little awkward going in the bank.

Do you do this at chase? and does it take a couple days for it to hit your account? Do you actually stick your check in the machine, or does it just scan it? I've never used it before.
    yes gates. i use BkofAma and the atm deposit is great. there is a slot to stick check in. reads the check and prints you out a receipt with a picture of the check. i never go to teller with SB checks.

DukeJohn
    DukeJohn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by brxbmbers42 View Post
    yes gates. i use BkofAma and the atm deposit is great. there is a slot to stick check in. reads the check and prints you out a receipt with a picture of the check. i never go to teller with SB checks.
    I guess it just comes down to your relationship with the bank. Depositing via ATM sounds great for those people a little nervous of the whole concept of depositing checks. Personally, because I am in a small town, the teller will call the agent listed on the check to confirm funds and then the money will be available the next day. Not that I really need this to be done, but it helps to develop more of a personal relationship with the bank employees.

Although, I do like the sound of the ATM automated process, unfortunately I feel the relationship is more important. Of course, this is just my personal opinion.

BoL,

bubba

Quote Originally Posted by dukejohn View Post
    i guess it just comes down to your relationship with the bank. Depositing via atm sounds great for those people a little nervous of the whole concept of depositing checks. Personally, because i am in a small town, the teller will call the agent listed on the check to confirm funds and then the money will be available the next day. Not that i really need this to be done, but it helps to develop more of a personal relationship with the bank employees.

Although, i do like the sound of the atm automated process, unfortunately i feel the relationship is more important. Of course, this is just my personal opinion.

Bol,

if there are no funds doesnt the check bounce regardless where i deposit it? Atm, employee, however?

AceKingHigh
    Going for the Win!
    AceKingHigh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3454

if there are no funds to charge then the check will bounce back.

Shonner
    Shonner's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

This is one of the many reasons why I think bank wires are just better than checks. They are faster and more secure.

ucbearcats1027
    ucbearcats1027's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

u wuill be paid eventuaslly

bubba

just recieved another check. hope it clears!

jackkkk2009
    jackkkk2009's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3882

just recieved another check. hope it clears!
    Good luck to you on your second Check.

gridiron guru
    gridiron guru's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 326

Seems like these companies are finding ways to deposit our money but when it comes to payout, they seems get become retarded. I was gonna go back to bodog since i was at betjm and they stopped taking my **, not i dont know

loyd
    loyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1758

Quote Originally Posted by Shonner View Post
    This is one of the many reasons why I think bank wires are just better than checks. They are faster and more secure.
    but there is one thing better on checks is that when ur bookie send u one u get a fedex tracking number and u know it was sent, u can never know if a wire was sent or not, a book can tell u we wired and ur bank tell u we received nothing.