View Poll Results: If an online spots book owed me $2500 and bounced a check then ignored all my calls:

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would personally fly to whatever island they're on and kick someone's ass

5 38.46%
  • I would find a computer hacker to bring their web site down

1 7.69%
  • I would slander them on every possible internet message board I could find

5 38.46%
  • NOthing - I would continue to bet with them because I'm a complete retard

2 15.38%
    madflacker
    madflacker's Avatar Become A Pro!

Avoid Sportsbetting.com at all costs

In early February, I won $2500 in an account from Sportsbetting.com and cashed out. I got a check in the mail almost three full weeks after cashing out (despite paying for the express mail delivery).

I cashed the check, thought evertyhing was fine, etc. But then several days later I received an email from my bank alerting me that i had overdrafted an account -- WTF??!! So I go into my local branch, and what happened is that the Sportsbetting.com checks had bounced.

So for a minute here, let's forget how f'd up that alone is - that a book would BOUNCE a check to a customer. Because it gets worse.

Every time I call into those pricks, it's the call center in India. THEY don't have access to anyone in the withdrawal department, but keep feeding me the bullshit "rest assured, your issue has been forwarded to the relevant department, please be patient." I've called those nitwits probably 60 times in the last 30 days. And I haven't gotten a single peep about my specific issue, no matter how pissed I get or what I do.

Sportsbetting.com is a fly-by-night that should be on the "blacklist" ... avoid these jerks at all costs.

iggles
    iggles's Avatar Become A Pro!

I know they had a problem in the past with bounced checks but I have cashed three checks within the last month and have had no problems

DukeJohn
    DukeJohn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by iggles View Post
    I know they had a problem in the past with bounced checks but I have cashed three checks within the last month and have had no problems
    Madflacker, this does suck, but if others have been getting checks cashed such as Iggles and they are not bouncing, then perhaps they had a change in processors or something. Either-way, as much as you have called them and not gotten a favorable response, you might consider filling out a complaint form with SBR to get some help on this issue.

Mikejack5
    Mikejack5's Avatar Become A Pro!

My withdrawal request was processed on February 27th and I still haven't gotten my check yet. They keep telling me the same crap. "We have escalated the problem to the proper department and will get back to you as possible." I wish I would have found this site before I started doing business with these idiots.

I wouldn't be too mad if they could at least give me SOME info on whats going on. Like if my check hasn't been sent out, tell me why and then tell me when it will probably be sent out. All they do is basically double talk you when you get in contact with them. Its really bad customer service. I also feel as though that they should at least offer people bonus money as a result of this fiasco. This really pisses me off.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Mikejack5 View Post
    My withdrawal request was processed on February 27th and I still haven't gotten my check yet. They keep telling me the same crap. "We have escalated the problem to the proper department and will get back to you as possible." I wish I would have found this site before I started doing business with these idiots.

I wouldn't be too mad if they could at least give me SOME info on whats going on. Like if my check hasn't been sent out, tell me why and then tell me when it will probably be sent out. All they do is basically double talk you when you get in contact with them. Its really bad customer service. I also feel as though that they should at least offer people bonus money as a result of this fiasco. This really pisses me off.
    First off, Welcome to the SBR forum sir

The entire Jazette family of books are having some serious processing issues these days. Please feel free to fill out this complaint form and one of us will inquire on your behalf to find out whats going on with your situation.

Godzilla
    Godzilla's Avatar Become A Pro!

Same thing happened to me and my bank froze my account. Their check for $2500 bounced. But luckily they fixed the problem for me. I learned my lesson, never use a C - D graded book.

oddsmaker
    oddsmaker's Avatar Become A Pro!

My two checks a week ago didn't bounce and went through well.. I withdrew 2 more 2,500 checks march 31st..

madflacker

Quote Originally Posted by oddsmaker View Post
    My two checks a week ago didn't bounce and went through well.. I withdrew 2 more 2,500 checks march 31st..
    Ok, good to know that someone is still alive over there and writing checks. But my situation really happened, is still unresolved ... and anybody who would continue to wager with an online service when they bounce checks to other gamers is playing Russian Roulette.

madflacker

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
    Same thing happened to me and my bank froze my account. Their check for $2500 bounced. But luckily they fixed the problem for me. I learned my lesson, never use a C - D graded book.
    Amen on that one, brother.

madflacker

Quote Originally Posted by Mikejack5 View Post

It really is the worst part of this whole thing -- not being able to speak directly with the withdrawal people that f'd up to begin with. Why should I continuously have to speak with people in a call center in India who don't know the first thing about my situation or when it's going to be resolved. I wouldn't call it "double talk" so much as it's "glad-handling" -- i.e., they tell you what they think you want to hear so that you'll stop calling.

The fact that after they bounce a check they can't even bother to initiate personal contact is really pathetic.

And what makes this thing scary is that every time I call into the customer service people, the person i get on the phone starts off by asking me "how can i help you." Even after getting my account number -- they have no idea that i've already called 50 times about this issue.

That makes me question whether this is ever going to get resolved, or if they are just going to hope that i go away.

Another maddening aspect is how the records of my wagers can't be found anywhere on the site. It would be very easy for them to just say that none of this ever happened and I'd have no recourse at all.

What a surprise- illegal wagering with a third party entity overseas that isn't honorable. I feel like an idiot for even participating in this to begin with. What - i ask myself - was so bad about the local bookie? Sure he jacked up lines on the teams he knew i like to bet. But at least he always paid right away (and if he didn't I would have been able t physically find him and make him pay).

madflacker

Quote Originally Posted by DukeJohn View Post
    Madflacker, this does suck, but if others have been getting checks cashed such as Iggles and they are not bouncing, then perhaps they had a change in processors or something. Either-way, as much as you have called them and not gotten a favorable response, you might consider filling out a complaint form with SBR to get some help on this issue.
    Thanks DukeJohn ... I followed your advice and filled out the SBR complaint form ...

punchmaster
    punchmaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 345

Quote Originally Posted by madflacker View Post
    It really is the worst part of this whole thing -- not being able to speak directly with the withdrawal people that f'd up to begin with. Why should I continuously have to speak with people in a call center in India who don't know the first thing about my situation or when it's going to be resolved. I wouldn't call it "double talk" so much as it's "glad-handling" -- i.e., they tell you what they think you want to hear so that you'll stop calling.

The fact that after they bounce a check they can't even bother to initiate personal contact is really pathetic.

And what makes this thing scary is that every time I call into the customer service people, the person i get on the phone starts off by asking me "how can i help you." Even after getting my account number -- they have no idea that i've already called 50 times about this issue.

That makes me question whether this is ever going to get resolved, or if they are just going to hope that i go away.

Another maddening aspect is how the records of my wagers can't be found anywhere on the site. It would be very easy for them to just say that none of this ever happened and I'd have no recourse at all.

What a surprise- illegal wagering with a third party entity overseas that isn't honorable. I feel like an idiot for even participating in this to begin with. What - i ask myself - was so bad about the local bookie? Sure he jacked up lines on the teams he knew i like to bet. But at least he always paid right away (and if he didn't I would have been able t physically find him and make him pay).
    Sorry about your hassles. I've been with these guys for a while and know about 3 others. They do occasionally have some problems but always seem to come thru- at least that's my experience. Recently received a $2.00 check as did many others when withdrawing 2000, but they got the new checks out immediatley. Experienced a bounced check a month ago and they fixed that. And then sometimes they suprise and come thru with a check within a few days. If your not in a rush for your money and are a long term capper, they're good if their lines and limits are better than competing books because they've always paid. Bodog bounced a check also not long ago but took care of it. After the stupid anti-online gambling law passed in the USA, more of these hassles are common due to limited check processors, etc.

madflacker

Quote Originally Posted by punchmaster View Post
    Sorry about your hassles. I've been with these guys for a while and know about 3 others. They do occasionally have some problems but always seem to come thru- at least that's my experience. Recently received a $2.00 check as did many others when withdrawing 2000, but they got the new checks out immediatley. Experienced a bounced check a month ago and they fixed that. And then sometimes they suprise and come thru with a check within a few days. If your not in a rush for your money and are a long term capper, they're good if their lines and limits are better than competing books because they've always paid. Bodog bounced a check also not long ago but took care of it. After the stupid anti-online gambling law passed in the USA, more of these hassles are common due to limited check processors, etc.
    Hey Punchmaster -

Thanks for the note. But you reference the scarcity of processors and anti gambling laws as if that's a reasonable apology.

Any properly run book makes money hand over fist. You know what happens when a gamer accidentally picks the wrong team when submitting wager (even if they call up right away) - "sorry, nothing we can do." The house has every advantage, requires the money up-front, takes every single precaution to have the gamer at a disadvantage.

That's why it's so absurd when they don't pay. I don't care even remotely what their business operational challenges are with their payment processor or otherwise. If they can't deliver the funds, then they shouldn't accept the bets. A dishonest business is a dishonest business, and even acknowledging the "reasons why" seems like giving them undue respect.

Anyone who's seen this thread and would be willing to send their $ overseas to these yokels should have their head examined.