Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wagerchief freezes account

Did I break their rules? No.

About ten days I ago I funded the account through **. Money in account the next day. Everything cool. For the record, it takes a few hours of my day to complete a ** deposit. It is a major hassle, and I almost walked out of the supermarket because of the long wait. So I was glad to have that out of the way, and started to wager at this book.

Earlier this week, I received a pm on this forum. Not an e-mail or a phone call. A pm at SBR. In it, Wagerchief told me that their ** runner (the person to which the funds was addressed) had been in a serious motorcycle accident (...). He wanted me to send another **. I told him truthfully that, at present, I didn't have the time to do so, and suggested that he have the injured person sign a statement, if necessary in the presence of a notary, that someone else could pick up the funds in his name. In other words, I wanted him to try to solve the problem without further involving me, and I asked him to get back to me in two weeks if he still hadn't been able to collect the funds. To this I received no further reply (I was never given another person's name for a ** transfer...)

So this morning, with a full schedule of college football games, I learned that WC had found another way to solve their in-house problem. They froze my account.

Wagering has been suspended. Please contact us for more information.
    I called them, before management was in, and was told it was because they were having a problem with one of their runners. And that is exactly right. I can't bet here, because they are having a problem with one of their people. (and please put up the motorcycle accident prop)

That is war paint on your face, Chief. We no longer smoke pipe together.
    Last edited by Dark Horse; 09-11-10 at 08:25 AM.

scurd8
    scurd8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

Wow...In all honesty, it should be a quick fix for you if they just give you a new name to send to. You can simply call ** up and have the changes made for that particular MTCN done over the phone. But for them to suspend your account for their goon falling off his bike is totally uncalled for.

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

yeah that is bull.

AimingHigh
    AimingHigh's Avatar Become A Pro!

When I've sent ** before and make a typo in the name, I just called and had them change it. Can't you just do the same or is it more difficult in the US?

Given that they can see the money is sitting there, and it's their fault it's not in their hands, they shouldn't freeze your account. As they've now done so, I'd hope a free play as an apology would be the least they could do when they unfreeze it.
    Points Awarded:

Dark Horse gave AimingHigh 164 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Raven66
    Raven66's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 685

You should have remained with 5Dimes LOL!

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

Quote Originally Posted by AimingHigh View Post
    When I've sent ** before and make a typo in the name, I just called and had them change it. Can't you just do the same or is it more difficult in the US?

Given that they can see the money is sitting there, and it's their fault it's not in their hands, they shouldn't freeze your account. As they've now done so, I'd hope a free play as an apology would be the least they could do when they unfreeze it.
    I know. They can see the funds is there. What is their problem? lol
    If I would have recollected the money, then I could understand their decision to freeze the account, but this makes no sense.

I'm not familiar with the quicker ins and outs of using **. I just figured that they could solve their problem on their end, even if it would take them a little longer.

Hoja Verdes
    Broncos Under 7.5 Wins -105
    Hoja Verdes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

Quote Originally Posted by scurd8 View Post
    Wow...In all honesty, it should be a quick fix for you if they just give you a new name to send to. You can simply call ** up and have the changes made for that particular MTCN done over the phone. But for them to suspend your account for their goon falling off his bike is totally uncalled for.

^^^do this. 5 min phone call to **, problem solved.

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

i will tell you that you can call ** and tell them you want it changed to a different sender. be warned this is how blacklisting starts. they start noticing things like that. it shouldnt be a problem with one time thing just be ready to have a good explanation. i would use something to the effect of a church group and the person you sent it to can't pick it up so you need to change it to another person in group. it takes a few minutes over the phone.
    best of luck to you
    Points Awarded:

Dark Horse gave wtt0315 166 SBR Point(s) for this post.

michael777
    michael777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3128

Quote Originally Posted by wtt0315 View Post
    i will tell you that you can call ** and tell them you want it changed to a different sender. be warned this is how blacklisting starts. they start noticing things like that. it shouldnt be a problem with one time thing just be ready to have a good explanation. i would use something to the effect of a church group and the person you sent it to can't pick it up so you need to change it to another person in group. it takes a few minutes over the phone.
    best of luck to you
    exactly! this is how i got blacklisted years ago with **,5dimes gave me the wrong name,i called ** and they blocked it and blacklisted me for life
    Points Awarded:

Dark Horse gave michael777 166 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Wagerchief
    Wagerchief's Avatar Become A Pro!

The account is now reopened.

These things happen, the runner got into an accident & couldn't pick up the funds.

DarkHorse- there's no need to change the name on the transfer, your deposit is on me.

THE CHIEF

katstale
    katstale's Avatar Become A Pro!

I love these happy endings!

Thremp
    Thremp's Avatar Become A Pro!

This group does the most epic stupid stuff imaginable.

robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Quote Originally Posted by Wagerchief View Post

These things happen, the runner got into an accident & couldn't pick up the funds.

DarkHorse- there's no need to change the name on the transfer, your deposit is on me.

THE CHIEF
    Nice gesture, but either one of you pick the $$$ up. Either Chief, you find a way and there are ways, or DH, call ** and tell them you want to cancel the transfer. They'll put you as the receiver and you pick it up. It is silly of none of you get the funds.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

Extremely classy move by Wagerchief.

In their spirit of generosity, I'm giving my points away to the posters Aiming High, wtt0315, and Michael777, for their input.

AimingHigh
    AimingHigh's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wow - very generous with the points, DH. Happy endings all around

RickySteve
    SBR is a criminal organization
    RickySteve's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 187

Quote Originally Posted by wtt0315 View Post
    best of luck to you
    The church story does not work, I've tried it many times.

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

I hope someone picks up the money!

gheez!!!

BigDaddy
    BigDaddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 729

nice gesture

i hope it was a big deposit

wagerchief can you answer my PM when you have time

need your email addy

thanks

robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Quote Originally Posted by big joe 1212 View Post
    I hope someone picks up the money!

gheez!!!
    I'm sure one of them will.

sq764
    sq764's Avatar Become A Pro!

i still dont get why the account was suspended..

skrtelfan
    skrtelfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3337

It's getting almost ridiculous how you can read these stories that you'd swear were fake, and almost every time it's a BetPhoenix book the person is talking about.

jboy4
    jboy4's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Wagerchief View Post

THE CHIEF
    These are the reasons I will not play with betphoenix or wagerchief. Never played with wagerchief but their sister book betphoenix has horrible customer service and was going to make a deposit but now i will stay away. I mean they act like they have enough customers. I will leave it at that. betjamaica is the only way to go.

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Quote Originally Posted by jboy4 View Post
    These are the reasons I will not play with betphoenix or wagerchief. Never played with wagerchief but their sister book betphoenix has horrible customer service and was going to make a deposit but now i will stay away. I mean they act like they have enough customers. I will leave it at that. betjamaica is the only way to go.
    He gave the customer a free deposit and that's the reason you will stay away?

mtneer1212
    mtneer1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3369

Quote Originally Posted by jboy4 View Post

So they make a mistake or bad decision -- the Chief comes on, owns up to it, resolves it with extra mea culpas in the form of a free deposit -- and you want to stay away?

Nice job Chief....... and thanks for resolving the free half point issue with the software for me.

BigDaddy
    BigDaddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 729

does anyone have the email address for jon at wagerchief?

mtneer1212
    mtneer1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3369

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

It's a very nice surprise when a book corrects a mistake and acts as classy as Wagerchief. The only other book where I've seen this type of class is Heritage.