anthonydiamondLC
    anthonydiamondLC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1741

Anyone a member of LVASports.com?

I was thinking about signing up for there monthly package. Seemed like a good deal since they have the back to back Hilton Football Handicapping guy posting his plays there. Is anyone already a member there and doing well?

JW Cash
    JW Cash's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why buy a capper's services when you have really good cappers here in the forum...

anthonydiamondLC

well it was only 24.95 for a month to trail a pretty legit capper. Who are the good cappers here? Most of the time I don't take peoples picks serious here.

JW Cash
    JW Cash's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by anthonydiamondLC View Post
    well it was only 24.95 for a month to trail a pretty legit capper. Who are the good cappers here? Most of the time I don't take peoples picks serious here.

Check out Sports Picks 3434 in the NFL Handicapping subforum

he was 0ver 70% in NFLx and had a big college winner with Pitt

Hope this helps...

also SBP NCAAF in the Service plays section...he is 5-0 in NCAAF in
    just 2 days...

Just do it

anthonydiamondLC

thx for the info

pamon
    pamon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

never buy a service. sell you half the plays and sell the other side the others.

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15313

The only bad thing is the you have to literally be on the computer 24/7 as the handicapper champion post plays at all different times. No doubt he gets you on the right sides 90% of the time but if you miss the initial post by five minutes you are not getting the same number.

3PtShooter
    3PtShooter's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16221

dont like the guy ,,but he can pick football games,,,might be one of the best out there

Joe Dogs
    Joe Dogs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 593

Yeah, Fezz is for real.

Iona
    Iona's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 49715

I am a member over at LVA and I do find it very informative. Similar to SBR they have a good number of what I consider "Sharp Posters" in addition to Steve (Fezzik) that have well informed opinions about situations and games.

I really do not "tail" anybody, I only have myself to credit or blame. Although, that said, I think I saw earlier today the Fezzik is up like 12 or so units this football seson. However, in the spirt of full disclosure, many of Steve's selections are half time wagers so you have to be around which is time sensitive.

I took out a yearly membership last January and ,at moment, am inclined to renew it again when it expires.

Whatever you decide BOL.

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

I wouldn't put a ton of weight on the Hilton contest. Winning a contest takes a very different approach from picking winners against real lines. That said, Fezzik is very smart. He and his crew have other things that most can learn from.

skrtelfan
    skrtelfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3337

I was thinking about signing up for there monthly package. Seemed like a good deal since they have the back to back Hilton Football Handicapping guy posting his plays there. Is anyone already a member there and doing well?
    Anyone following his picks last year got slaughtered. LVA not only refused to keep records last year they deleted any references to his record that various posters compiled, but he hit something like 47% for a 30 unit loss on his actual picks. As Justin points out, winning a contest is way different than being able to win for your followers. And his record was that terrible despite grading his picks at stale lines that had moved hours before.

The discussion on that board is also largely worthless. I was a subscriber for 5 or 6 months and I can honestly say I didn't learn a single thing from the discussions. The moderators are also ridiculous with what they censor--in addition to deleting references to his record, at one point, someone mentioned a future bet he'd made and I politely pointed out that it was a poor bet given the odds he could have gotten on the individual games. Despite the fact that my criticism was nothing but constructive, the moderator went on this tirade and basically threatened to ban me if I was ever critical of his posters again. Needless to say, between that nonsense and all of the money I lost following Fezzik's picks, I had no interest in continuing to subscribe to the board.
    Points Awarded:

VegasRandy gave skrtelfan 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Pokerjoe
    Pokerjoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 307

I also was a member last year, for a few months. I found it worthless for picks. And because of the extreme censorship, it wasn't even enjoyable as a participant.

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

I would recommend joining the YEARLY membership for 29 buck to recieve the coupon value book...........the coupon book alone netted me close to $500 on my bash vacation this past weekend(granted, I ran extremely well and got lucky).

I to would pass on the monthly membership.

sam b.
    sam b.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1517

I think it's worth $199/yr. A fraction of what you would pay for any individual handicapper's service. They are trying to do things right over there.

anthonydiamondLC

Seems like this site is getting mixed reviews. I'm always very hesitant to pay for any sports service.

Fishhead

Especially when you have access to extreme wiseguys for free on this site(and others).

Chuck Sims
    Chuck Sims's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 860

Good thing you did not sign up before the pre-season. You would have gotten yourself buried. Fezzik's forum picks are HORRIBLE.

Fezzik is an advantage gambler. Not a "capper".

Fishhead

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Sims View Post
    Good thing you did not sign up before the pre-season. You would have gotten yourself buried. Fezzik's forum picks are HORRIBLE.

.........and a marketer.

ALL EXCELLENT THINGS TO BE

Emily_Haines

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Sims View Post

You know Fezzik last year didn't post picks until late. This year he has said **** that and it is on and is posting plays much earlier in the week.

Current record (unweighted): 22-13-2, 62.9%, +12.50u

Not to bad for the first week when most players got buried.

trixtrix
    trixtrix's Avatar Become A Pro!

this one's bit old school lva, but anyone here remember smartmonies?

dark star
    dark star's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5551

Quote Originally Posted by trixtrix View Post
    this one's bit old school lva, but anyone here remember smartmonies?
    Yep smartmoonies was an idiot.Still a memner of LVA but won't pay for the pay form.

skrtelfan

Quote Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post
    I would recommend joining the YEARLY membership for 29 buck to recieve the coupon value book...........the coupon book alone netted me close to $500 on my bash vacation this past weekend(granted, I ran extremely well and got lucky).
    Those are two different things. The regular Las Vegas Advisor membership with the coupon book doesn't get you access to the sports board. That's $200 extra.

skrtelfan

Quote Originally Posted by Emily_Haines View Post
    You know Fezzik last year didn't post picks until late. This year he has said **** that and it is on and is posting plays much earlier in the week.

Current record (unweighted): 22-13-2, 62.9%, +12.50u

Not to bad for the first week when most players got buried.
    He had 37 plays the first week of CFB?

blueghost
    blueghost's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2401

worth a try if you dont want to do the work

9XL
    9XL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2478

I was also a member of LVA for a couple months earlier this year but didn't renew the membership. I didn't feel like I was learning anything I didn't already know.

I am sure Fezzik is a winning gambler, but like a lot of of other sharp bettors, he's not going to give away all of his betting angles on an internet forum. I wouldn't either.

skrtelfan

Quote Originally Posted by 9XL View Post
    I am sure Fezzik is a winning gambler, but like a lot of of other sharp bettors, he's not going to give away all of his betting angles on an internet forum. I wouldn't either.
    This. He was selling a $2,495 seminar earlier in the year, you really think he's giving anything good away for $199 a year when the seminar costs so much more?

Also, there are lots of winning gamblers who win for themselves but you could never profitably follow them because they exploit rogue and stale lines. There are plenty of sports where I do very well in my personal betting yet no one following me would ever win.

Emily_Haines

Quote Originally Posted by skrtelfan View Post
    This. He was selling a $2,495 seminar earlier in the year, you really think he's giving anything good away for $199 a year when the seminar costs so much more?

Also, there are lots of winning gamblers who win for themselves but you could never profitably follow them because they exploit rogue and stale lines. There are plenty of sports where I do very well in my personal betting yet no one following me would ever win.
    He had the FEZDAQ and took that from 1000 to 10000 in a year. Almost every play he had you got the better of the number. On obvious bad plays like MIN/MTSU over and TT -13 he made posts getting you off these bad bets. He posted a play Sunday night at -9 and now the line is -13.5. I disagree with you for $199 a year you're getting a ton of value. Too many people want to hammer the guy for one bad year.

Emily_Haines

He had 37 plays the first week of CFB?
    I think he has just as many for the first week in the NFL

dwendling
    dwendling's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

I disagree with you for $199 a year you're getting a ton of value. Too many people want to hammer the guy for one bad year.[/quote]

I know what you mean. Some people really like to hammer cappers for having 1 bad year. Why do you think people do that? It just doesn't make sense to me.

Fishhead

Those are two different things. The regular Las Vegas Advisor membership with the coupon book doesn't get you access to the sports board. That's $200 extra.
    I know........that's what I'm saying.

DUH

Emily_Haines

Quote Originally Posted by dwendling View Post

I know what you mean. Some people really like to hammer cappers for having 1 bad year. Why do you think people do that? It just doesn't make sense to me.
    I sent an email to that douche bag site asking for records for a certain handicapper and didn't even get a reply. I also sent them an email saying I would take him on heads up and lay -120 and also didn't even get a response.

skrtelfan

Quote Originally Posted by Emily_Haines View Post
    He had the FEZDAQ and took that from 1000 to 10000 in a year. Almost every play he had you got the better of the number. On obvious bad plays like MIN/MTSU over and TT -13 he made posts getting you off these bad bets. He posted a play Sunday night at -9 and now the line is -13.5. I disagree with you for $199 a year you're getting a ton of value. Too many people want to hammer the guy for one bad year.
    The FezzDAQ was an experiment about exploiting rogue numbers, where it was impossible for anyone to actually get those numbers for themselves.

Having "one bad year" wouldn't be a big deal at all but he's had more than one bad year. Check out his records from 2005 and 2006, the last time he was actually documented posting picks. He hasn't had a winning year since 2004 that I'm aware of. The other big problem with his methods is that he goes into the tank and barely posts anything when he's winning (or when he thinks he's winning--he was barely posting last year when he thought he was hitting 55%), but when he's losing, he posts all sorts of crap in a desperate attempt to get back to even. A lot of that crap really inflates his posted record too, he'll post "2 weight" props or team totals plays where the limit is $300 or $500 and the line is gone in a minute.

skrtelfan

Quote Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post
    I know........that's what I'm saying.

DUH
    DUH, LVA Sports has a YEARLY membership for the sports board that's $199. They also have a monthly membership for the sports board that's $24.95. They have a separate "Las Vegas Advisor" membership that has absolutely nothing to do with LVA Sports and costs $29 with a coupon book. Anyone reading your post would think that the LVA Sports membership is $29 and comes with a coupon book since this thread is about DUH, LVA Sports, not "Las Vegas Advisor."

Emily_Haines

The FezzDAQ was an experiment about exploiting rogue numbers, where it was impossible for anyone to actually get those numbers for themselves.

Having "one bad year" wouldn't be a big deal at all but he's had more than one bad year. Check out his records from 2005 and 2006, the last time he was actually documented posting picks. He hasn't had a winning year since 2004 that I'm aware of. The other big problem with his methods is that he goes into the tank and barely posts anything when he's winning (or when he thinks he's winning--he was barely posting last year when he thought he was hitting 55%), but when he's losing, he posts all sorts of crap in a desperate attempt to get back to even. A lot of that crap really inflates his posted record too, he'll post "2 weight" props or team totals plays where the limit is $300 or $500 and the line is gone in a minute.
    Yeah I agree some of the prop stuff he posts is kinda worthless because a few $300 bets moves the line a mile. No way should this stuff be 2 weighted more like .5 weighted

12 Last