QQPALLADIUM
    QQPALLADIUM's Avatar Become A Pro!

live betting

are there any other exchanges out there other than matchbook's "live betting"...first weekend of football...you either have no bids or asks....the only way to get hit is to get scored on against you or put up a bad price...the only "traders" who put up bids and asks are either trying to rip you off on price...wait for a score and then put up a bad price...or just the worst of the worst...fleas who try and put up opposite lines...too bad TradeSports went out of business...

Chuck Sims
    Chuck Sims's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 860

You're kidding right? I made a nice score on Miami of Ohio +38.5 during live betting. Never even thought about betting this game before it started. Once the game started, I saw that Florida's offense was sputtering. Hard to cover 38.5 when you can't even snap the ball to the QB and you're fumbling the ball away.

Are you aware you can make offers? I am tired of reading posts complaining that there are no offers. Start making them!!!

QQPALLADIUM

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Sims View Post
    You're kidding right? I made a nice score on Miami of Ohio +38.5 during live betting. Never even thought about betting this game before it started. Once the game started, I saw that Florida's offense was sputtering. Hard to cover 38.5 when you can't even snap the ball to the QB and you're fumbling the ball away.

Are you aware you can make offers? I am tired of reading posts complaining that there are no offers. Start making them!!!
    i did make offers at market prices...and the only time i ever got hit was on a bad price...there are no real traders on matchbook...not worth my time to put up a legit price and not get hit..

trumpdown
    trumpdown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 548

It should pick up once NFL is underway, but Chuck does have a point.

You need other commercial break trading outs, as you won't find a more liquid exchange for US markets.

andywend
    andywend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

I spoke with Matchbook about the parasites who keep putting up offers to buy the team way ahead at 90-1 and such prices and they said that any member who does that will be warned and then banned if they keep putting up those "opposite lines".

However, it seems like every single game, these parasites continue to do it and it really is a hinderance.

I encourage all players who use Matchbook's live betting feature to email mclancy@matchbook.com anytime you see these "opposite lines" being entered as he did tell me he will take strong action against any member that puts up those ridiculous lines.

rake922
    rake922's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2105

Quote Originally Posted by andywend View Post
    I spoke with Matchbook about the parasites who keep putting up offers to buy the team way ahead at 90-1 and such prices and they said that any member who does that will be warned and then banned if they keep putting up those "opposite lines".

However, it seems like every single game, these parasites continue to do it and it really is a hinderance.

I encourage all players who use Matchbook's live betting feature to email mclancy@matchbook.com anytime you see these "opposite lines" being entered as he did tell me he will take strong action against any member that puts up those ridiculous lines.
    people should put up whatever offers they want to..... if it's a bad line just don't bet it

andywend
    andywend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

people should put up whatever offers they want to..... if it's a bad line just don't bet it
    Rake, you are 100% INCORRECT.

Either you don't do much betting in the live markets or you're one of the fleas putting in the opposite price orders.

The parasites who put up +9000 on a team that is ahead by a large margin are doing so solely to try and take advantage of other trader mistakes. They offer NO VALUE to the exchange and their accounts should be terminated as per Matchbook policy.

The problem is the vast majority of live events occur during Matchbook's graveyard shift so there is no top-level management around to monitor the live betting markets.

MadTiger
    Wait 'til next year!
    MadTiger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

You're kidding right? I made a nice score on Miami of Ohio +38.5 during live betting. Never even thought about betting this game before it started. Once the game started, I saw that Florida's offense was sputtering. Hard to cover 38.5 when you can't even snap the ball to the QB and you're fumbling the ball away. Are you aware you can make offers? I am tired of reading posts complaining that there are no offers. Start making them!!!
    Very true. And, as Matchbook states, it encourages it by giving you credits on you offers. Make the market.

But the OP is right. If you go on there waiting to catch someone slippin' you are going to wait a long-ass time. Sharp mofos on there.

bleedblue
    bleedblue's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4545

Thursday, Sunday, and Monday night NFL games are where the action is. Only 1 game going, so all the football bettors are brought to the same market. Occasionally, a big nationally televised NCAA game will garner enough attention and bring the bettors together, but the NCAA typically has several big nationally televised games every Saturday. Thursday Night NCAA games are decent because they are the only game on, but they aren't usually the teams that are big draws...

Chuck Sims
    Chuck Sims's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 860

Many games do not have bettors making or accepting offers. Its okay. Exchange Live betting is still new to the betting world.

Promote live betting at the exchanges instead of complaining. If you want more bettors getting into live betting, try a little honey, instead of vinegar.

Ruifgalmeida
    Ruifgalmeida's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

exchange live is not something new(maybe for americans) , in Betfair you have tons of pros who make a living by trading bets live.
    As for the ridiculos prices, is a exchange free market, if you dont wanted you dont buy it.

QQPALLADIUM

Many games do not have bettors making or accepting offers. Its okay. Exchange Live betting is still new to the betting world.

Promote live betting at the exchanges instead of complaining. If you want more bettors getting into live betting, try a little honey, instead of vinegar.

i would love for mb to do well...but this is what matchbook needs to do:

1. less games to be featured for live betting...pick the main game (ex lsu/unc sat night) and go with it only....so for this upcoming nfl weekend go with the main game at 1 and 4 for those in the country who get it the most and of course the sunday night and monday night game...
    2. have a market maker for those games....does two things...eliminates fleas and more importantly traders know that they can get in or out at a certain fair market price...

until these happen it will be dead except for major games...