MiamiBoy86
    MiamiBoy86's Avatar Become A Pro!

5 Dimes Tried To Screw Me Out Of Over 1 Grand!!!

I am not one to usually get mad, but I am a little pi**** right now....after making some HUGE 2nd half wagers and hitting them, I was excited to see it show up on my bottom line.....yet here is what i got.....

Wager details for ticket number 19213416-1:

Wager Type: Spread (or run line)
    Wager Status: Loss
    Risk / To Win Amount: 550.00 / 500.00 (USD) Accepted 3/15/2008 0:35 AM - EST
    Sport / Period: NCAA Basketball / 2nd Half
    Line:
    Stanford 3/14/2008 11:30:01 PM - (EST)
    -½ -110
    Opponent:

HERE IS THE OTHER ONE:

Wager details for ticket number 19213425-1:

Wager Type: Total
    Wager Status: Loss
    Risk / To Win Amount: 550.00 / 500.00 (USD) Accepted 3/15/2008 0:35 AM - EST
    Sport / Period: NCAA Basketball / 2nd Half
    Line:
    Washington State/Stanford 3/14/2008 11:30:01 PM - (EST)
    Over 63 -110

IF YOU LOOK AT THE BOX SCORE OF THE GAME, I WON BOTH WAGERS!!!!

NOW, it should be noted that after going on the live help, they quickly resolved the matter and it was corrected...the point is, ALWAYS CHECK YOUR WAGERS, NO MATTER HOW SMALL OR LARGE!!!!

cobra_king
    cobra_king's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 36669

I'm thinking they didn't try and screw you, i'm thinking they had a problem with grading the wager.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

It is your responsibility to ensure your wager is graded correctly, they didn't grade it wrong intentionally. Second, at 5Dimes you have a transaction history so it's not like it can be a "poof, I won a wager and it disappeared"- there's always an archive of your wagers that day or whatever, so don't trip out. If you're really worried, and you should do this anyway, take a screenshot of every wager after you place it.

You'll find that SBR offers this tool for free.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by cobra_king View Post
    I'm thinking they didn't try and screw you, i'm thinking they had a problem with grading the wager.
    5Dimes has a history of these types of things happening. Now I do agree that I doubt they are trying to screw anyone at all, however you would have thought they would have resolved this problem a long time ago though.

Arnold
    Arnold's Avatar Become A Pro!

It looks very suspicious to me. If his winning wagers were graded as losses, then someone's losing wagers should have been graded as winners. It's an automated system (I hope). There is no way an automated system can make a mistake like this on ONE player's wagers.

cobra_king
    cobra_king's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 36669

5Dimes definately has grading issues, no doubt about that. I just think the word "screw" was misused here. That implies something entirely different than just a misgrade. I've had less and less misgraded wagers there recently so i hope that they are finally getting things figured out. Saying that though, on a major bet such as a second half etc., i don' t believe these things should ever happen.