dynamite140
    dynamite140's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 39777

Anyone here scalp overnight baseball lines to help with rollovers?

Wondering if many of you guys scalp your bets so that you can make a small profit but most importantly help with rollover? I created a thread about this on another subforum but it was just about to make small profits. But when you see a line at your online book for the overnight line and say its Boston -170. Assuming you have a good feelling the line will go up, would it be best to just bet the max on the overnight line at your book and then wager on the other team let say its Seattle tomorrow on matchbook? Assuming the maximum overnight line is $300. You risk $510 to win $300 at your book. Then tomorrow you see tomoorrow that the line did went higher for Boston and its Boston -191 and Seattle +190 on matchbook. If you use scalpulator.com, then you can wager $279.31 to win $$530.69 on MB assuming you made the offer and got Seattle +190 so you don't get have to pay commission.

Isn't this a great way to make a small profit and most importantly help you with your rollover if you do have a big rollover at a book? I have looked at baseball lines where they come out the night before the games start the following day, and more often than not, the lines go in the right direction. Like if a favorite is -170 and you have good feeling it will go up, then it usually does. If an under is +120 and you know everyone will bet them and the line will probably go down, it usually does in baseball. Am i wrong here? In baseball, many times the line will go in the opposite direction and if it does, you will take a small loss. If you took Boston -170 in the overnight line, and then next day it goes down to -150, you will take a small loss by taking Seattle say +149 or so but that's still not that bad correct? I mean you do lose small money but i feel like if there are 12 baseball games, more often than not the line will go in the predicted direction correct? Usually its with a favorite that laying a number that we know will go up?

Does anyone know what are the limits for overnight lines at most books? I checked betjamaica and its $300 and 5dimes i think is $500? I'm pretty sure doing this as bookmaker and thegreek is not going to work at all because they have 20 cent lines and its going to be real hard to scalp a profit? And also people who scalp in baseball moneylines have to do overnight lines correct? Because i think it would be hard to say take a bet on matchbook for Boston -180 at 1pm and hope to see Seattle greater than +181 by gametime?

I am pretty sure many players do this to make a small profit and to help with rollover correct? I mentioned how BetEd have many scalping opportunties even before the game starts because they inflate favorites and give great lines on underdogs in baseball. Many times i seen you could get during gameday Pirates +140 and you can get Pirates +150 on matchbook. But i heard many people got limited to $1 wagers because of this so that is not the place to do it i assume.

wrongturn
    Update your status
    wrongturn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3726

If you guess right more often than wrong, you don't even need bonus or matchbook buy-back to be profitable. And if you guess more wrong than right, then bonus will help but not much.

-105's Avatar Become A Pro!

Unless you have a crystal ball, or handicap yourself very very well you won't know which way the line goes. If you do know which way the line goes that means you know what is a good bet. Why take the otherside, it is -ev.

dynamite140

Well for example. Cardinals were -150 when the line opened at 5dimes and betjamaica. And they lost to the Pirates yesterday so i am pretty sure the line would go up. It was -170 for bookmaker/thegreek. Right now its +162 on matchbook for the Pirates. Also, the Padres line was -160 open at 5dimes/betjamaica. Now you can get +168 at 5dimes/betjamaica and matchbook.

I just noticed that lot of favorites lines usually go higher.

Well after that last post you have made it clear you don't understand, so yeah guess away, if I had a book I would cold call you all day long.

John Dough
    John Dough's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10118

If you could successfully predict line movement in the long run and wind up with scalpable bets at close you'd be a long term winner and not be worrying about rollover.

sharpcat
    sharpcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

Problem is if you can not pick lines that will move 60% of the time or better this will not work because when the line moves against you it hurts you much more than when the line moves in your favor.

dynamite140

Can you explain what you mean by that sharpcat?

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

care to clarify -105

aca
    aca's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by dynamite140 View Post
    more often than not the line will go in the predicted direction correct?
    Open tread in forum and track your scalp picks in real time few weeks and you see what's will happen!

I doing that sometime when I want to have activity on my accounts but I noticed that mostly missed right move direction! I use early move trends and bet on Betjamaica/Matchbook mostly!
    For bonus rollover you have more value on +500 and bigger odds where you can get about 65-70% of bonus opposite for the baseball odds that numbers are much near 50-55%

It would be interesting that you open track tread and show us your real skill! if you will be success I will donate some points, and someone could commit you as betting adviser, surely!

Quote Originally Posted by dynamite140 View Post
    Well for example. Cardinals were -150 when the line opened at 5dimes and betjamaica. And they lost to the Pirates yesterday so i am pretty sure the line would go up. It was -170 for bookmaker/thegreek. Right now its +162 on matchbook for the Pirates. Also, the Padres line was -160 open at 5dimes/betjamaica. Now you can get +168 at 5dimes/betjamaica and matchbook.

I just noticed that lot of favorites lines usually go higher.
    this rite here, makes 0 sense, the line maker knows this.

GGZOLA
    GGZOLA's Avatar Become A Pro!

even scalping has reached new heights of disillusionment and desperation...