SPECULATOR 13
    SPECULATOR 13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Blackie any news about the xchange?

Blackie,

I have been away for awhile than i checked in the archives for a update on the "black exchange"situation but didn't see anything?
    I remembered you said awhile ago that you would have more details around JUL 25th?
    So unless i didn't search properly ,
    do you have any news?

SPECULATOR 13

are you sure you got the right people,the exchange i speak off is run by the folks at rebatewager

mmike032
    mmike032's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8274

no clue
    probally just the same nicknames

trumpdown
    trumpdown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 548

Ask the RW trolls they should be around any minute.

BLACKIE
    BLACKIE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 252

Core application is almost complete. Should be up by the first week of the NFL. We're going to run in beta before we open to cash deposits. We will be running weekly and monthly capping contests using an exchange platform that will allow users to get familiar with the software, exchange process and give us feedback on improvements.

trumpdown
    trumpdown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 548

Blackie, I am to assume there will be in-play Live wagering. If so, on select events or will you leave wagering open throughout all games?

bookie
    bookie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1036

Blackie...Have you settled on a commission structure yet? Would be good to know what it is as we plan where to put our money.

Igetp2s
    Igetp2s's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BLACKIE View Post
    Core application is almost complete. Should be up by the first week of the NFL. We're going to run in beta before we open to cash deposits. We will be running weekly and monthly capping contests using an exchange platform that will allow users to get familiar with the software, exchange process and give us feedback on improvements.
    That is the key, being willing to listen to improvements from users, unlike some other exchanges which I won't mention.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Igetp2s View Post
    That is the key, being willing to listen to improvements from users, unlike some other exchanges which I won't mention.
    That is very useful. But the key to any exchange is liquidity. How do you plan to solve that problem, Blackie?

jpb383
    jpb383's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 242

the exchange is bet25back.com
    High rollers only

donkdown
    donkdown's Avatar Become A Pro!

cant wait 4 this

katstale
    katstale's Avatar Become A Pro!

bump update Blackie?

-105's Avatar Become A Pro!

I hope you get more deposit options than your other sites.

bookie

If it's not up and running by now there not going to have the kinks worked out and the players deposited in time to offer football. Kind of a bummer.

nosttrader
    nosttrader's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

Keep us posted. Interested in how you plan to solve the liquidity issue.

BLACKIE

Don't want to keep you guys hanging. Wont be ready for deposits for a few months. I am reviewing the first release of the software this evening with the developer. If all is well we will be dropping it on our new servers this weekend and finishing testing by the 12th. Should be up for beta by the 15th of this month. Our goal is to put the product up as a fee contest site and give out weekly and monthly cash prizes to the top sports traders to help us test the software and recommend improvements. We'd like the final product to be a combination of our model with the input and changes as recommend by the users.

Santo
    Santo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

The problem is that trading prices is a pretty time intensive process, and doesn't really suit a contest format. I'd be surprised if you get enough participation to get reliable results...

BLACKIE

Quote Originally Posted by Santo View Post
    The problem is that trading prices is a pretty time intensive process, and doesn't really suit a contest format. I'd be surprised if you get enough participation to get reliable results...

Thought is to educate gamblers on exchange betting by giving them the free tools and platform to learn exchange betting while earning some free cash and we could build a base of future sports traders.

mtneer1212
    mtneer1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3369

I think Blackie is taking the right approach here..... the worst thing that he could do is to rush out a half-assed, non-liquid, buggy exchange platform that gets universally panned because it isn't matchbook or BetFair. I'd rather he delay it several months or a year and build some momentum and liquidity and do it right. Matchbook is good, but it can be improved upon in so many ways....... especially software-wise.

bookie

Thought is to educate gamblers on exchange betting by giving them the free tools and platform to learn exchange betting while earning some free cash and we could build a base of future sports traders.
    I think that's a smart approach. However it works out, sounds like you're taking a smart step-by-step approach. Santo has a point, but no-fee contests tend to bring the masters of the free play out of the wood work.

Keep us posted...

BigDaddy
    BigDaddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 729

if i recall didn't matchbook give you like a free $50 or $100 to try them out when they first opened?

SPECULATOR 13

I agree with this approach BLAKIE,you will be able to "cut your teeth"with that exchange concept in "real time" and create a buzz.You can count me in.
    Good job

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

If this was a stock I'd buy it. lol

Guy makes the right moves, thinks outside of the box, but doesn't rush into things.

SpiderMonkey
    Monkeys throw poop.
    SpiderMonkey's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have a moderate chubby just thinking about this.

katstale
    katstale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Looking forward to seeing it and looking at funding options. Right direction tho it seems.

Chuck Sims
    Chuck Sims's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 860

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    if i recall didn't matchbook give you like a free $50 or $100 to try them out when they first opened?
    Free $100.

soxwin1917
    soxwin1917's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1922

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post
    If this was a stock I'd buy it. lol Guy makes the right moves, thinks outside of the box, but doesn't rush into things.
    My thoughts exactly. Blackie seems to be doing this in exactly the right way.

rumple
    rumple's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12801

Who is Blackie, never heard of him.

ZetaPsi808
    July 2011 Poster of the Month
    ZetaPsi808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1982

blackie should buy matchbook. imagine what he could turn that site into.

albo gator
    albo gator's Avatar Become A Pro!

Let's hope he can have better deposit and withdrawal options than Matchbook. Please make sure you have wire transfers available for US citizens.

potless
    potless's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 162

How's it looking beta testers ?

BLACKIE

We are moving from the development environment to the new servers today. Web site should be live next week and if all goes well should be ready for all to give it a test drive by the 15th. I'm gonna turn over all questions to the software guru next week.

tltaylor89
    FVn=S(1+c)n
    tltaylor89's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hey Blackie pay me to Beta test the software?

bookie

We are moving from the development environment to the new servers today. Web site should be live next week and if all goes well should be ready for all to give it a test drive by the 15th. I'm gonna turn over all questions to the software guru next week.
    That's exciting news. Congratulations on getting this developmental work done so quickly. I look forward to checking it out.

12 Last