-105's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quickest way to get your betting limits cut

Please share the quickest ways to get your limits cut, I so far found max betting dime line baseball and winning 5 bets works well.

John Dough
    John Dough's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10100

Bet steam.

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Win more than $10 at Bet365.

bigugly
    bigugly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 298

Trying to get another "badge of honor"?

katstale
    katstale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Just win, baby win. At all places but abt 3 joints.

mminkovski
    mminkovski's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17011

Bet on a steam, especially if it's some tennis match with odds dropping from 1.8 to 1.25 in 30 mins. This way you get your limits cut really, really low...

gambleballs
    gambleballs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 739

past posting, betting into obviously bad lines, calling the head linesmaker a "numb skull".

ucbearcats1027
    ucbearcats1027's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

win 55 games in a row lol

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20351

In my experience it has little if anything to do with how much you win or lose and everything to do with how frequently you hit their best odds.

I've been severely limited after just one or two losing bets.

Arbing, following "steam" or a popular tipping service will do it for you for sure

brxbmbers42
    brxbmbers42's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by John Dough View Post
    Bet steam.
    What is betting steam? I noticed a lot of people in this forum have a lot of systems they go by when picking games. Personally i have never got into any of that stuff because my head would explode. I just pick a side. Steam?

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by brxbmbers42 View Post
    What is betting steam? I noticed a lot of people in this forum have a lot of systems they go by when picking games. Personally i have never got into any of that stuff because my head would explode. I just pick a side. Steam?
    chasing odds which are firming across the market

brxbmbers42

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    chasing odds which are firming across the market
    Ive been betting sports for 12 14 yrs. all i do is watch sports on tv. taking gambling out of it i consider myself to be extremely knowledgable about all the major sports. You guys are a lot smarter than me. I dont even know what chasing odds firming across the market means?

-105's Avatar Become A Pro!

Beating the book by skill not luck.

Hareeba!

Ive been betting sports for 12 14 yrs. all i do is watch sports on tv. taking gambling out of it i consider myself to be extremely knowledgable about all the major sports. You guys are a lot smarter than me. I dont even know what chasing odds firming across the market means?
    Some guys just wait for the odds on something to be cut or a line moved at say Pinnacle, then try to get on at other books before they follow Pinnacle's lead which causes the target books to suddenly see a rush of money ("steam") for one side of the action. Same effect when their have posted odds have produced an arb or a popular service recommends a play. The books don't like such one sided action and mark your card.

brxbmbers42

Ok. I would love to sit down with one of you guys for an hour. I would probably be a lot more successful.

Stumpage
    Update your status
    Stumpage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13586

Like has been stated here, and from my own experience, definitely steaming...And betting ludicrously bad lines, as was noted above.....

BigDaddy
    BigDaddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 729

its not how much you win its how you win it.

steam and beating the # most of the time will get your limits cut at most places.

Bookiller
    Wanna win badly??? fade my picks
    Bookiller's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

It's not so hard to win if go by system play

mador
    mador's Avatar Become A Pro!

can you explain more about steam betting?

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by mador View Post
    can you explain more about steam betting?
    a Google search found this page:
    http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=au

containing the following which should give you a good idea

One more quick point on betting strategies, since we've alluded to it in passing once or twice already. Many serious bettors swear by the method of "betting steam." What this means is that they do not necessarily do any handicapping, but instead concentrate on timing their plays so as to piggyback onto the handicapping of others. When a major betting syndicate puts in a big bet, it will typically move the betting lines, sometimes substantially. So the strategy of the steam chaser is to ascertain which way the pros are sports gambling by monitoring line movements, and then to jump on that same side as quickly as possible, preferably at a book where the line hasn't moved much yet.
    And really how close you get to that pre-move number is crucial to this strategy. What I've gathered from reading the Major Wager forums and listening to people who've been in the business and such is that the pro line betting at the "original" number wins more than they lose, the chasers who bet the line fairly close to where it started are probably break even or a little better, and the chasers who are slow and betting only after the line has moved more significantly probably are net losers in the long run, due to the infrequent occasions when the game lands right in that narrow area the line moved through before they caught it
    One indication that betting the moves might be a successful strategy is precisely the fact that many books openly resent such players and take counter-measures against them. If steam chasers generally lost in the long run, you wouldn't expect the vitriol that books rain down upon them. You typically don't try to drive away your meal tickets.

Sfritts8
    Sfritts8's Avatar Become A Pro!

Steam can be misleading.

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by Sfritts8 View Post
    Steam can be misleading.
    of course it can but that's not the point .. it makes it very difficult for a book to balance their action

they don't like that -they are not gamblers - so they don't want you doing that to them

lukahh
    lukahh's Avatar Become A Pro!

imagine following scenario: powerful people at certain club decide to "sell" the game, lose it intentionally. before this happens, they bet 5-10 mio USD, mostly on asian markets. the line moves accross the market. and those who jump in quick enough, can score a winning bet at good odds.

happens all the time in euro soccer, especially but not exclusively in eastern europe. there are several investigations of europa and champions league qualifiers going on by uefa and police in several european countries.