RichardGeorge
    RichardGeorge's Avatar Become A Pro!

4,000 dollar dispute over horse racing bet with Bet Horizon....

I know all I've done is praised this book to the very end, but I have a dispute that is from the June 5th Belmont Race that I really don't feel is right.

I wagered 1000 dollars on Drosselmeyer... When I bet it like 5 minutes before it ran, it was 12:1..... it ended up closing at 13:1

Now... as well all know, Drosselmeyer went onto win..

"On a hot, sunny Saturday in front of 45,243 at Belmont Park, Drosselmeyer was sent off at odds of 13-1. It was Smith who made a key decision to keep his long-striding colt in the clear. He eased the horse to the outside for the run down the backstretch, always keeping First Dude within range."

"Drosselmeyer returned $28, $11.60 and $7.70"

Based on this, I was expecting a return of $14,000.

To my surprise, they gave me a return of $10,000. (1000/9000)

I was seeking an answer for several days, and they originally tell me the max payout is 10:1 for the Belmont. i said thats obviously bullshit, since the website says they pay out 20:1 on winners.

Finally... after talking with Carl, he tells me the maximum payout is $10000 on a horse race. I felt like I was cheated, and if nothing else, I should have at least been PAID OUT 10,000 instead of $9,000. I continued to argue, and finally, someone from customer service (who i don't remember their name.. just that there female) tells me I can get the 4000 dollars thats owed to me.

Forward ahead to today and I still haven't gotten paid... I called the customer service and she told me that $10,000 is the max payout....which is bullshit since it doesn't say it ANYWHERE on the website.

The website (http://www.bethorizon.com/gaming_cen..._listings.html) lists Belmont as a "MAJOR TRACK" and it says the max payout on a win is 20:1... Minimum play is $100 and Maximum play is $2000. It doesn't mention one single thing on that part of the site that says anything about $10,000 max payout.

All the rules on horse racing is here:

http://www.bethorizon.com/gaming_centers/racebook.asp

" We offer full track odds on Win, Place, and Show, Exacta, Quinella, Trifecta, and other exotics. "

Main word here is FULL TRACK ODDS.... 13:1, no?

Now here is the part that I have a problem with that they are using as an excuse...

http://www.bethorizon.com/betting_in...ting_rules.asp

"Betting limits and maximum payouts vary by track. "

Very up in the air and doesn't mention anything about 10,000 max ANYWHERE

but on the same page, it says:

". We recognize the official outcome and track payouts as supervised by the stewards and racing authority governing the track."

Now, according to this, the track payouts are based on the official payouts of the track. The max winning at Belmont Stakes is NOT $10,000.

I think I am very much entitled to the full 13,000 +1,000 wagered on this horse.

Does anyone else agree with me or am I way off track?

ProfaneReality
    ProfaneReality's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree with you. they owe you.

minet123
    Is JJ a Higher Power ?
    minet123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3753

They owe you and probably got caught for waiting to long lay at betfair and got shut out or unaccepted offers and are trying to weasel out

Peep
    Peep's Avatar Become A Pro!

"Betting limits and maximum payouts vary by track. "

Very up in the air and doesn't mention anything about 10,000 max ANYWHERE
    They will use that rule to limit you. Fairly? Probably not, but it is an unfair rule. You should be playing in a better book.

How much do you still have in there? Last time I saw you post, you had something like 70K in your account.

I think you should fight it. But take all your money out before you fight it, you don't want to be held hostage.

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

Did you fill out a complaint form yet?

RichardGeorge

yeah... I got all my money out... i lost it while betting other sides at other books... I didn't feel like waiting a whole year to get my money at 2k a week.

I just filed a complaint about an hour ago.

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

I have your complaint, and have contacted them. I'll update you (in private) when I know more.

RichardGeorge

Thanks Justin

Peep

Good job Justin and Richard George.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Are you saying that you lost the 10K betting other sides at that book, or at other books?

ucbearcats1027
    ucbearcats1027's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

be careful as they do this

RichardGeorge

Quote Originally Posted by ucbearcats1027 View Post
    be careful as they do this

What do you mean?

RichardGeorge

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Are you saying that you lost the 10K betting other sides at that book, or at other books?
    I tried to get my money off the book because they were only letting me take out 2,000 per week. It was gonna take me monthss to get the money off so I decided to bet a few games that I thought would win on other sites while betting the opposite site on bet horizon. So I got most of it off that way and I also went on a losing streak for two weeks and lost alot.

donkdown
    donkdown's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    @Who gives a fck they owe him the money..

vegasplays
    vegasplays's Avatar Become A Pro!

you profited 9 grand, who cares

Climate
    Climate's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Quote Originally Posted by vegasplays View Post
    Pass the crack pipe, or at least let it cool down a little.

If you don't understand this guy's complaint, then you don't know about gambling.

andywend
    andywend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

[COLOR=#000000 !important]
    Definitely the most ASININE response in this thread by a large margin.
    [/color]
    [COLOR=#000000 !important][/color]
    [COLOR=#000000 !important]Its easy to talk like that when its other people's money and that sounds like something a liberal democrat would say.[/color]
    [COLOR=#000000 !important]RichardGeorge, the Belmont Stakes is one of the most major races run in North America and I am familiar with BetHorizon.[/color]
    [COLOR=#000000 !important]You are owed the full $14,000 without any question ($13,000 profit plus your $1,000 stake). If they pay you any less, then you should consider it THEFT.[/color]
    [COLOR=#000000 !important]Regardless of the outcome, I wouldn't do business with BetHorizon after what they tried to do here.[/color]

Does anyone else have this problem of those annoying COLOR'S popping up all over the place?
    Last edited by andywend; 06-26-10 at 01:10 AM.

RichardGeorge

Wow.. very professional by BetHorizon here.... They left a message on my signin screen:

Player Messages

WENT OVER HORSE WAGERS , 4,000 HAS BEEN CREDITED EMAIL TO FOLLOW , THANK YOU FOR YOUR BUSSINES

Great job guys !!

Chopsticks
    Chopsticks's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good to hear that it all worked out for you.

RichardGeorge

Here's the emailL:

Dear Mr. George:

As part of the account review that you requested we are glad to inform you that your Belmont Stakes wins are posted in your account. A total of $4000 is credit.
    This happened because of a software mixture at the time of switching software providers in our company. Your account had the agent’s per head profile where the max payout of $10000 applies. Our biggest apologize for this matter.

Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions.

CSD

Peep

Quote Originally Posted by RichardGeorge View Post
    Here's the emailL:

Dear Mr. George:

As part of the account review that you requested we are glad to inform you that your Belmont Stakes wins are posted in your account. A total of $4000 is credit.
    This happened because of a software mixture at the time of switching software providers in our company. Your account had the agent’s per head profile where the max payout of $10000 applies. Our biggest apologize for this matter.

Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions.

CSD
    Good result.

As it should be. No reason not to pay you full price for a 13-1 shot at Belmont.

ucbearcats1027
    ucbearcats1027's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

well thats cool at leasts

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

good move on their part!

Z_Wipf
    Z_Wipf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 275

Congrats on the payout

Ella600
    Ella600's Avatar Become A Pro!

Congrats! that money was definately owed to you

donkdown
    donkdown's Avatar Become A Pro!

Glad u got your money!!!

spud58
    spud58's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

this is awesome, wish i saw it earlier

vegasplays
    vegasplays's Avatar Become A Pro!

glad you got your money...

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

you are entitled to it. but why would you make a bet that large with offshore racebook? no good thing can come of it. you sort of deserve to get screwed. bet horses in us with tvg or youbet or twinspires. wake up.

Bones402
    Bones402's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by unusialsusp5 View Post
    you are entitled to it. but why would you make a bet that large with offshore racebook? no good thing can come of it. you sort of deserve to get screwed. bet horses in us with tvg or youbet or twinspires. wake up.
    Sounds to me like 13,000 bucks came of it so I would call that good.

Dad
    2011 Adult Entertainer of the Year
    Dad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

Quote Originally Posted by unusialsusp5 View Post
    The man got paid. Good came of it.

touchback
    touchback's Avatar Become A Pro!

Found it, guess it waxsmore like 14k, not 20k.... but still. When upper management reviewed it and not CSD they did the right thing... man you were on fire that year... not only that. Thqat did not kick you out... deid they at least lower your limits or did they treat you with respect? Will find the other 100k post as well... it was impressive to say the least... I mean oine of the most memorable things that whole year!

BrianLaverty
    BrianLaverty's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by touchback View Post
    Found it, guess it waxsmore like 14k, not 20k.... but still. When upper management reviewed it and not CSD they did the right thing... man you were on fire that year... not only that. Thqat did not kick you out... deid they at least lower your limits or did they treat you with respect? Will find the other 100k post as well... it was impressive to say the least... I mean oine of the most memorable things that whole year!
    Ya.. I was up 100K at one point and they never even limited me at all. I requested limits raised and they listened. Crazy!

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1695

Quote Originally Posted by BrianLaverty View Post
    Ya.. I was up 100K at one point and they never even limited me at all. I requested limits raised and they listened. Crazy!
    Ok.....
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: secretstash

touchback
    touchback's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wow... this is an old one. Well, it was your moment to shine Brian and the book was standup so enjoy the memories.