make$take$
    make$take$'s Avatar Become A Pro!

Problem w/ The Greek

Was locking in a couple baseball bets for tomorrow and locked in a soccer wager by accident. I called an hour later after realizing it when I went through the review wagers page and called to cancel it. The match isn't until tomorrow but the woman said they could not cancel it. I said I had had this problem once before and it was no problem. She said thats because it was baseball and soccer was different and there would be no supervisors in until after the game goes off tomorrow. WTF is up w/ that. What is diff between soccer and baseball if the game isn't till the next day.

Another thing that pisses me off about them is they made me get them a pic of my id w/ my current address on it to get a payout. They had no problem taking my money w/o the id though. I thought this was the most reputable online books. Might have to start going through locals again

joe blow
    joe blow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 99

Was the line the same,when you tryed to cancel it?

make$take$

Quote Originally Posted by joe blow View Post
    Was the line the same,when you tryed to cancel it?

It has gone from -143 to -141...but I'll give em the 2 bucks if thats the issue lol. the woman just said no canceling soccer bets at all no matter what per the person in charge of the soccer bets

bookie
    bookie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1036

Quote Originally Posted by make$take$ View Post
    ...but I'll give em the 2 bucks if thats the issue
    Here's what I'd suggest. Bet the other side. Then before the game goes off write explaining what you did and why you did it and ask they they void both bets when a manager is there to give your case full consideration. Don't expect that they will, but ask nicely and they might.

You put your initials in and confirmed it, so it seems to me you can't bitch too much about whatever happens.

bigugly
    bigugly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 298

How the heck did you mess this up?

mtneer1212
    mtneer1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3369

Bet the other side, and pay the juice as a penalty.

bigugly
    bigugly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 298

I would let it ride.

bubba
    bubba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8458

same question

how do you bet a soccer match by accident??

make$take$

Quote Originally Posted by bubba View Post
    how do you bet a soccer match by accident??

I do bet on soccer I was just checking out baseball and soccer last night at the same time and seeing how much I had to bet to win what with a parlay involved in one, etc...

Ruifgalmeida
    Ruifgalmeida's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Quote Originally Posted by make$take$ View Post

I do bet on soccer I was just checking out baseball and soccer last night at the same time and seeing how much I had to bet to win what with a parlay involved in one, etc...
    by accident? that looks very hard to do it(in thegreek software), I already made stupid mistakes but not on a parlay But is not thegreek fault just go to matchbook or betfair and bet against it?

hawaii808
    hawaii808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1253

if you cancel within 30 min. of placeing the bet they do it, i been at The Greek for about 4 years now and cancelled many times, BUT in the first 30 min.