bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Gaming Control Considers Regulating Online Gambling

The Nevada Gaming Control board looked at the possibility of sanctioning internet gaming Friday. The regulators commissioned a study by UNLV to gauge interest amongst Nevada residents in gambling over the internet.

The Internet Gaming Prohibition Act bans the financial transaction on games of chance for people in the United States -- Nevada regulators say not so fast.

"There is some ability or there is some argument that now there is an exemption to the federal law," said Gaming Control Board Chairman Dennis Neilander.

It's the same exemption that allows the wagering on horse races and only applies in states where betting on horses is legal, like Nevada.

Neilander says, gaming companies and technology companies have pressured regulators to license internet gambling web sites based in Nevada. "A number of these groups have said, "Why don't you look at regulating it just for Nevada?"

The companies made claims that a majority of Nevadans gamble over the internet, so the Gaming Control Board commissioned the UNLV study to find hard facts.

Professor and director of the UNLV's Gambling Institute, Bo Bernhard conducted the study. He says 65.4-percent of people in Nevada just don't care about gambling online.

The study also shows only 3.7-percent of people in Nevada have gambled online in the past five years.

"As it stands right now it appears to be a relatively low prevalence behavior," said Bernhard.

Gaming regulators decided to wait and see if interest increases among Nevada gamblers. Even though it may be legal for Nevada regulators to sanction online sites in Nevada, they say they will commission the study again only if there is a major national policy change on internet gambling.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well what do you make of this?

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14501

I think you should be able to get married in Vegas on line too!

DrunkenLullaby
    DrunkenLullaby's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by crazyl View Post
    Well what do you make of this?
    WTO <--USA

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenLullaby View Post
    WTO <--USA
    pretty accurate post

ShamsWoof10
    ShamsWoof10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

WTO <--USA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

You guys are a f*ckin' riot at times man....

Aiight I'm "60 stretch farla awwwwww" so I'll talk to you all PLAYOFF SATURDAY!!! Can't wait for "In Games" more books are offering them for this week..WOOF!

Cee
    Cee's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ShamsWoof10 View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

You guys are a f*ckin' riot at times man....

Aiight I'm "60 stretch farla awwwwww" so I'll talk to you all PLAYOFF SATURDAY!!! Can't wait for "In Games" more books are offering them for this week..WOOF!

Hopefully the teams I'm on 2morrow don't run that play

Ball Rash
    Ball Rash's Avatar Become A Pro!

WTO <--USA

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post

Gaming regulators decided to wait and see if interest increases among Nevada gamblers. Even though it may be legal for Nevada regulators to sanction online sites in Nevada, they say they will commission the study again only if there is a major national policy change on internet gambling.
    Actually, they waited for the WTO issue to be resolved.

ShamsWoof10
    ShamsWoof10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by Cee View Post

Hopefully the teams I'm on 2morrow don't run that play
    That's a great commercial.. My favorite right now... I love how Jerry Jones steps in... That part is reality sh*t... I hope they don't run that play either LOL...