bubba
    bubba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8458

matchbook- are u kidding me?

i set m y alrm for 7:10 am to put in wagers on the 730 world cup match. down for scheduled maintenece. if it was scheduled, why did you not tell me about this in advance?????????? are they stupid, selfish or liars? all 3 maybe?

bubba

now it says 8 ocklock. why tell me this is scheduled? can i freaking trust this book anymore?????

bubba

its 8 am, site still says "Matchbook is performing scheduled maintenance and will be back at 0800 EST. Thanks for your patience."

if they gave me warning last night, site will be down tomorrow morning for system maintenece, i would be 100% fine with this. or if they said they are having site problems, i thats fine too. but to tell me now that this is scheduled???? just stupid

STAY STRONG
    STAY STRONG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

this was brutal timing.......i missed out on argentina -1

Jiggy Fly
    I got soul but I'm not a soldier!!
    Jiggy Fly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

I feel you bro. Been trying to get on all morning.

bubba

now it says back at 830. how about saying, we dont know when the **** the site will be back up???????????

STAY STRONG

lol extended another 30 mins now...

John Dough
    John Dough's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10136

Just one of many, many reasons you should use more than one book.

Most of the reasons involve being able to shop lines, take advantage of certain betting options only certain books offer, etc., but for you degenerates who are flipping out b/c you couldn't get a bet in on one soccer match, having more than one book in the event that a site goes down would be another reason.

Don't get me wrong, I wish the site wasn't going down so often, I'd normally bet putting up some MLB offers around this time, but sh*t happens.

STAY STRONG

i do have more than 1 book, just not the same line as matchbook retard.

bubba

john- i have plenty of books. thats not the problem. this isnt shit happens. this is not a surprise. this is consistent with matchbook and its a major problem. at best they are lying to us and calling more site problems site maintence. that sure beats choosing to do site maintence during the world cup and not telling anyone about it. matchbook is down more than all my other books combined over the last few months. and its not close.

looks like they are finally back up.

John Dough

Quote Originally Posted by bubba View Post
    john- i have plenty of books. thats not the problem. this isnt shit happens. this is not a surprise. this is consistent with matchbook and its a major problem. at best they are lying to us and calling more site problems site maintence. that sure beats choosing to do site maintence during the world cup and not telling anyone about it. matchbook is down more than all my other books combined over the last few months. and its not close.
    Fair enough, guess it just doesn't bother me and much as everyone else in this thread or at least I don't have the same reaction. You know MB has been having these issues, so you shouldn't be surprised when it happens. If you want to get pissed off, that's your prerogative. I personally just chalk it up to the cost of doing business. In a perfect world, their site would rarely go down... but that's just not the current reality. I can only assume they would prefer that this doesn't happen as much as their players do.

John Dough

Quote Originally Posted by STAY STRONG View Post
    i do have more than 1 book, just not the same line as matchbook retard.
    Very classy response. I'm not mentally handicapped, but I'm sure those who are love you using their unfortunate condition as a slur.

KC
    KC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

you need a few dollars in 5D for when MB is down

jackkkk2009
    jackkkk2009's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3882

we need to put some money at others sites when matchbook is down. such as 5dimes, betjamaica, thegreek and bookmaker

heyman
    heyman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by bubba View Post
    i set m y alrm for 7:10 am to put in wagers on the 730 world cup match. down for scheduled maintenece. if it was scheduled, why did you not tell me about this in advance?????????? are they stupid, selfish or liars? all 3 maybe?
    It was posted at least as early as 2-2:30 AM EST that they would be down for maintainance. I didn't bother starting a thread because they said it would be up at 5:30 AM EST.

Quote Originally Posted by John Dough View Post
    Fair enough, guess it just doesn't bother me and much as everyone else in this thread or at least I don't have the same reaction. You know MB has been having these issues, so you shouldn't be surprised when it happens. If you want to get pissed off, that's your prerogative. I personally just chalk it up to the cost of doing business. In a perfect world, their site would rarely go down... but that's just not the current reality. I can only assume they would prefer that this doesn't happen as much as their players do.
    Exactly. Have other outs and when matchbook is down you lose some money on higher juice.

joe blow
    joe blow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 99

Your point is 100% correct.They should of gave us a heads up.Most other books do

TomG
    TomG's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have no idea why MB goes down for maintenance so often. It's not like they ever make any changes to their interface.

chunnnn2010
    chunnnn2010's Avatar Become A Pro!

damn, MB's website goes down so often since last year. is that why they were downgraded to B- from A?

jackkkk2009
    jackkkk2009's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3882

I think so. IF not, they were already one of the Top books in SBR..