dvn
    dvn's Avatar Become A Pro!

betfair question

Withdraw Funds from your Betfair Account by Bank Transfer

Your withdrawal request cannot be accepted. In order to be able to withdraw via Bank transfer please check that on all the other payment methods you have used (Moneybookers) you have withdrawn at least the amount you have deposited.

What does this mean? What if my Moneybookers account is blocked?

Jamie_UK
    Jamie_UK's Avatar Become A Pro!

you need to get proof in the form of an email from MB.

They are really strict on this, there is no way you can blag it.

what they are saying is you need to zero your MB ins/outs before using another withdrawal method

dvn
    dvn's Avatar Become A Pro!

thanks

Teddy_KGB
    Teddy_KGB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6074

As Jamie wrote, I had to send a screenshot to Betfair (once I made a MB deposit, but then they closed) where MB informed me that my account has been locked and bla bla... then Betfair fixed the problem, and I could withdraw with bank transfer.

And why is Betfair not in the SBR recommended list? Betfair the best!

20Four7
    Timmy T = Failure
    20Four7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4120

Betfair has to do something about the 5% commission it's too much for an exchange IMO.

Teddy_KGB

But at least Betfair has great liquidity. And you can decrease the commission, if you bet much (mine is currently 2.8%).

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

why moneybookers blocks accounts? for what reasons?

Jamie_UK

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post

Teddy_KGB

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    Using more accounts under your name, controlling friends's accounts, etc..

SPECULATOR 13
    SPECULATOR 13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy_KGB View Post

And why is Betfair not in the SBR recommended list? Betfair the best!
    Teddy,the problem with Betfair is that are no good for american sports and don't even bother to put american odds because they do not want any american action.I have converted totally to the exchanges i bet exclusively with MATCHBOOK and TRADESPORTS,nothing would please me more if those assh*les at Betfair would stop f*ucking around and have a american friendly website like tradesports,because as point out of betfair's as liquidity.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Contrary to popular belief, not all "Americans" only wager on "American sports" Speculator. I'm an "American" and only wish I could play at BetFair. I love to wager on Tennis and their is some great liquidity and opportunities there to make some extremely nice coin, even despite the 5% commission. As far as being "American friendly" goes... I could/can live with the site the way it is right now.

Jamie_UK

Quote Originally Posted by SPECULATOR 13 View Post
    Teddy,the problem with Betfair is that are no good for american sports and don't even bother to put american odds because they do not want any american action.I have converted totally to the exchanges i bet exclusively with MATCHBOOK and TRADESPORTS,nothing would please me more if those assh*les at Betfair would stop f*ucking around and have a american friendly website like tradesports,because as point out of betfair's as liquidity.
    American odds are no good for a proper exchange as the figures like -3333.33 would make it unworkable, it probably passed you over, but digital odds are European not British , which are traditionally fractions like 3/1, I'm sure if we can all convert to digital , then you could as well.

Match book is a very basic exchange and pretty much does what it says on the label, ie match peoples bets, betfair is far more advanced, you could never trade in running with bots on a platform like matchbook, mansion was a more advanced exchange than Matchbook and Mansion was shit.

Teddy_KGB

Speculator, you are right, Betfair is not the best for non-live americans sports. (Pinnacle the best for offline) But I like to bet in live to NBA, and I always find enough liqudity. But I hope once Betfair will open their gate again for american customers.