kiskuus
    kiskuus's Avatar Become A Pro!

365 verification - delays and barriers

Hello!

First of all let me greet anyone on this forum as I always read this but never registered. Now the time for contribution came.

In the beginning of May I decided to join Bet365 who is having very good welcome promotional offer. I was afraid a little about their payouts when joining them, but decided to risk especially basing on the fact that they have good promo. Well it is now june, 3rd and my withdrawal request of 1400 usd was made on mid-may and still nothing changed. The reason is their 'verification' system.

Ok, first of all they wanted me to send my ID. Ok I did and few days after they said ok you may withdraw. I requested. Few days later I asked them 'hey, where is my money?' they told me we need code from the letter - they also call it PVC code. ok I thought and as I have not received the code by that time I asked them to resend this. few days ago (end of May) seeing no letter I thought made some address mistakes and tried to change it to the international format (as far as I guess it must look like) and requested the code again. And the next day I got the letter finally. I was very much happy and immediately tried to log into my account. It was very unpleasant to see it was not available. Suspended as live chat said. I went to live chat and... the conversation follows:

Thank you for contacting bet365 Live Chat. An advisor will be with you shortly.
    You are now chatting with Colin B.
    Colin B: Hello, welcome to Live Chat. How may I help you?
    Vladislav Kishev: Hello I can't log into my account. I entered correct login and password and was told they were wrong then I tried to recover details and got the message that I should contact you quoting ACSTA (or something like this)
    Vladislav Kishev: what goes on? I have money on my account still
    Vladislav Kishev: are you there?
    Colin B: One moment please.
    Colin B: Error code ACTSTA indicates that the details you have registered on your account are already registered on our system.
    Colin B: Do you recall opening an account with us previously?
    Vladislav Kishev: I was not trying to open an account I was trying to log into my own one
    Colin B: In order for the account to be used it need to be verified with your Postal Verification code.
    Colin B: We have posted your unique postal verification code to the address you have registered with us. You can submit this online by simply logging in, visiting My Account in Members, selecting Know Your Customer and entering your unique postal verification code. Alternatively, I can take this number from you now to verify your account.
    Vladislav Kishev: I can't submit it online as I can't log in there
    Vladislav Kishev: I received recently letter with the code 77250
    Colin B: Please reconfirm the number as this appears to be incorrect.
    Vladislav Kishev: I can scan the letter and send this to you
    Colin B: It appears that the code was resent on the 14th May, this would override the previous code sent to you.
    Vladislav Kishev: ok please accept this old one please
    Vladislav Kishev: otherwise I am not sure when the new one reaches me
    Colin B: Unfortunately we cannot do this.
    Colin B: As this new one was requested we need allow time for this to arrive with you.
    Vladislav Kishev: ok please let me know when the history of requests so I could clarify when approximately the other code reaches me. which was the most recent request? I do remember I did this several times just do not know when you actually sent ut
    Colin B: This was sent on the 14th May. It depends on your local post service when you will receive this.
    Vladislav Kishev: and the first time when was it sent?
    Colin B: This was sent on the 7h May.
    Vladislav Kishev: ok meanwhile I am waiting for the new letter why can't I log into my account?
    Vladislav Kishev: I just want to bet and anyway as I understand I can't withdraw funds
    Colin B: This is due to not yet receiving the correct postal verification code.
    Vladislav Kishev: ok where can I see the terms which allow you to do this? please exact quotation
    Colin B: In the Help section of the website under rules and Acceptance Procedure:
    Colin B: bet365 reserves the right to close or suspend a customer's account.
    Colin B: Is there anything else I can help you with today?
    Vladislav Kishev: but without paying out any funds? with confiscation?
    Colin B: As stated in the Terms and Conditions we do reserve the right to do this.
    Colin B: Do you need any more assistance with this query?
    Vladislav Kishev: but what are the reasons for this?
    Vladislav Kishev: if you confiscate any players funds how can players be confident in betting with you?
    Colin B: As the account has not yet been fully verified.
    Vladislav Kishev: I do tell you your code and ready to send you your own mail
    Vladislav Kishev: this is not my fault that the post works slow and I had to rerequest this
    Colin B: As we take security very seriously, this is also a security measure for customers as well as bet365.
    Vladislav Kishev: also it is not my fault that you change the codes each request
    Vladislav Kishev: ok but where is my guilty what terms do I not follow?
    Vladislav Kishev: I requested code and got one. I am ready to give this to you. Please check your logs of codes to see if this one is correct. Lastly I can notarify your mail to send to you.
    Colin B: I have given you the information in regarding not verifying the account. We reserve the right to suspend the account if we see fit on this.
    Vladislav Kishev: so do you acknowledge that you can voluntarily suspend any account?
    Vladislav Kishev: I am going to post this conversation.
    Colin B: Yes, as I have stated we reserve the right to do this.
    Vladislav Kishev: ok thank you
    Colin B: This is a standard industry wide term and condition.
    Colin B: Thank you for contacting Live Chat. Please click on the ‘Close’ button to rate the service you have received and to request a transcript of this chat if required.
    Chat session has been terminated by bet365.

dear posters! have anyone got the same situatiuon with them? are there any legal ways to make them pay me out? or is it better for me to wait for mails which are not arriving (I got only one out of at least two by now)? and is there any confidence that the number I receive in the next mail will be exactly the one they have in their database?

thanks, anyway

and hope this post helps people to understand that your funds stored at bet365 can easily become confiscated.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Maybe I'm just being naive, but I don't see much wrong with this. Think of it as if you needed a new code for your ATM card. If the bank sent you one and you tell them you haven't received it so they send you a new one, the old one won't work. They're just waiting for you to provide them with the correct code as the first one is useless now. I've had to do this in the past at other books - not a code but actual forms before I was able to withdraw. If you really want to gamble in the meantime, maybe ask them to cancel the withdrawal request and resubmit it once you receive the new code. Best of luck

AimingHigh
    AimingHigh's Avatar Become A Pro!

If I understand the above correctly, this is the issue:

You need a PVC code to make a withdrawal.
    Bet365 sent a code on 7 May.
    After you didn't receive it for a while, you changed your address details thinking there might be a problem with that.
    That change of address triggered the need for a new PVC code.
    Then you received a code, but it was the first code, so didn't work.
    You are still waiting for the second code, which they say was sent on 14 May.
    Bet365 have suspended your account in the interim (though it's not clear exactly what triggered this).

Is that right?

You say you're concerned about Bet365 confiscating money from you, but it doesn't sound like that's going to happen unless there's more to the story (eg. the reason for the address change - multiple accounts, etc.). Is there more to the story? Why did you think you needed to change anything in the address information you registered with them, and what exactly did you change?

It sounds like all they've done is suspend the account while you wait for the second PVC code to arrive. How long did the first code take to arrive? How much longer than that length of time has it been since 14 May? Once we know that, it's easier to decide if you should keep waiting or consider filing a complaint somewhere (here or with IBAS or the UK Gambling Commission, for example).

Bet365 may limit bettors heavily but, as long as you've done nothing wrong, your money is safe there.

kiskuus

yep I would not be that disapointed if they let me log into my account at least... it is ok to see the money are there and I can bet meanwhile especially with world cup is coming. probably I'd even prefer to cancel the withdrawal and deposit more. But when I am not able to log in and hear that my funds are to be confiscated at any time... this is not relaxing me. at least I have to be sure I can get my money always.

kiskuus

Quote Originally Posted by AimingHigh View Post
    If I understand the above correctly, this is the issue:

You need a PVC code to make a withdrawal.
    Bet365 sent a code on 7 May.
    After you didn't receive it for a while, you changed your address details thinking there might be a problem with that.
    That change of address triggered the need for a new PVC code.
    Then you received a code, but it was the first code, so didn't work.
    You are still waiting for the second code, which they say was sent on 14 May.
    Bet365 have suspended your account in the interim (though it's not clear exactly what triggered this).

Is that right?

You say you're concerned about Bet365 confiscating money from you, but it doesn't sound like that's going to happen unless there's more to the story (eg. the reason for the address change - multiple accounts, etc.). Is there more to the story? Why did you think you needed to change anything in the address information you registered with them, and what exactly did you change?

It sounds like all they've done is suspend the account while you wait for the second PVC code to arrive. How long did the first code take to arrive? How much longer than that length of time has it been since 14 May? Once we know that, it's easier to decide if you should keep waiting or consider filing a complaint somewhere (here or with IBAS or the UK Gambling Commission, for example).

Bet365 may limit bettors heavily but, as long as you've done nothing wrong, your money is safe there.
    yes you understood me correctly 100%.

let me clarify the history.

7th may is the day when I registered with them.
    14th may is the day they asked me for the code and I asked to resend this as they promised the code should arrive in 7 days.
    30(or 31) may is the day I logged into my account and changed address (added double zero to the house number as I read on local forum it helps post to works faster with international mails - it doesn't change the address but indicates the status of the mail. anyway I am not sure of the trick working, just was really annoyed with waiting for the mail). ie I wrote 0017 street instead of 17 street
    2nd june I got the original mail (sent on 7th or 14th may - I do not know).
    today I tried to log in.

the conversation followed.
    as you can see I received the 'old' mail to the 'old' address. also the chat person did not say they have the 'new' letter sent. and they blocked me right after address change. so I was worried about money and about if they sent really 'new' address and should the other letters reach me will they have the other codes satisfying them.

this looks like slowpaying strategy to me and worrying one. hope this is only my case and will be solved the right way the sooner the better.

kiskuus

ok they confirmed they sent the code to the 'new' address so I am ready to wait. best luck to everyone and be warned that 365 can really lock your account because of this code so be cautious with this!

austin
    austin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 28

nothing to worry here from the start

pechvova
    pechvova's Avatar Become A Pro!

I and my friend are waiting for 2 months PVC to withdraw the funds. We are from Russia. this is terrible. I think they are not always sent to PVC

Stallion
    Update your status
    Stallion's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16678

Bet365 is garbage to begin with. If you do start to win your limits will be cut, which is why people call it Bet $3.65

yobinad
    yobinad's Avatar Become A Pro!

hard to believe. BET365 allways been great!