PerpetualTraveller
    PerpetualTraveller's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Bookmaker Lowering Limits?

Has anyone had their limits lowered by Bookmaker? I read on the SBR website they have No Collar Limits and they accept all action but they have cut my limits on 2H MLB Lines from 2K to 1K, even AFTER LOSING 8K. Seems odd to me to be cut after losing so much!

BrigadierPudding
    Update your status
    BrigadierPudding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1809

I'm surprised they cut your limits. Their baseball lines are absurd. You really shouldn't be playing bases there.

Climate
    Climate's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

They pegged you as a sharp. You can still call it in most likely for 2k

PerpetualTraveller

Quote Originally Posted by BrigadierPudding View Post
    I'm surprised they cut your limits. Their baseball lines are absurd. You really shouldn't be playing bases there.
    Do you know of any other books that do 2H Baseball for decent ($1K+) Limits?

PerpetualTraveller

Quote Originally Posted by Climate View Post
    They pegged you as a sharp. You can still call it in most likely for 2k
    At a lower level book like Bodog I can see getting lowered if they think you are a sharp, but at an A+ Rated book like Bookmaker that claims to take Professional action it seems strange unless they are having troubles.

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

Do you know if they lowered limits for everyone?

katstale
    katstale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not at liberty to say all I have seen or had reported to me with Cris group in the last 30 days, but certainly they are engaging in some practices I never thought i would see with them. Has to be as a result of liquidity issues. Nothing else really makes sense. They have always been sensitive abt alternate lines and some 1h wagers, but this new stuff.....

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

they took step back a bit early lines do not have the high limits they once had. they used to put out a line and immediately it would have the game time max limit now they wait to raise limits up to closer to start time.

my limit is still 2k for mlb 2nd halfs

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    they took step back a bit early lines do not have the high limits they once had. they used to put out a line and immediately it would have the game time max limit now they wait to raise limits up to closer to start time.

For me, this always seemed to be the best approach. Can take advantage of market sentiment to find sharper lines, without getting clobbered by max bets.

andywend
    andywend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

Has anyone had their limits lowered by Bookmaker? I read on the SBR website they have No Collar Limits and they accept all action but they have cut my limits on 2H MLB Lines from 2K to 1K, even AFTER LOSING 8K. Seems odd to me to be cut after losing so much!
    Did you place a bet right after runs were scored in the bottom of the 5th inning not giving Bookmaker a chance to update the odds to account for it?