JC
    JC's Avatar Become A Pro!

The title of this thread could not be more ironic.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Curious, chill out with those PM's buddy. I don't want you sent on the same vacation as Patrick Bateman.

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Quote Originally Posted by JC View Post
    The title of this thread could not be more ironic.

That's fairly consistent with posts/threads from curious "the professional sports bettor"

20Four7
    Timmy T = Failure
    20Four7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4120

Quote Originally Posted by durito View Post
    That's fairly consistent with posts/threads from curious "the professional sports bettor"
    That is certainly the best post in this thread......

vanzack
    vanzack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 619

Quote Originally Posted by curious View Post
    Okay, some of the crackheads on here are arguing with me over this WTO thing, saying that I "don't have your facts straight". So, I did some reading today and I am totally disgusted at the misinformation these people are spreading on here. I won't name them, they are very vocal about this WTO ruling, you know who they are.

They leave out a few minor details.
    1) The original ruling applies to horse racing only.
    2) The argument that was made that the US only allows US companies to accept wagers on horse racing is sort of true but misleading. All of the internet companies that are licensed in the US to take bets on horse racing operate just like any off track betting establishment and they WIRE THE BETS TO THE POOLS AT THE TRACK, they make their money by taking a commission on the bets they wire in. Oh.
    3) The offshore bookmakers were not going to operate as offtrack betting establishments and were NOT going to wire the bets to the betting pools at the track. The horse racing tracks provide jobs for thousands, if not tens of thousands of people and the main reason that Congress objects to allowing these offshore bookmakers to operate legally in the US in the horse racing wagering arena is due to this fact that there would be no way to enforce the rule that they have to wire the bets to the betting pools at the track. Oh.

The reason that the US won't pay Antigua is because the ruling is completely unfair because these facts were not considered in the ruling.

So, these crackheads on here are lobbying that the US government should damage the horse racing industry in this country by allowing offshore companies to take bets on US horse racing from Americans and then not wire the bets to the betting pools at the track. Nice.

I knew there was something not right about this situation.
    I am rarely speechless, but the stupidity of this post has done it.

curious
    curious's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by capitalist pig View Post
    Well this thread seems to have gotten off topic. To bad, I always like reading what JC has to say about the subject of net wagering.

later
    Yes, it has turned into a "we don't like what he says, so let's attack him personally".

curious

Quote Originally Posted by noyb View Post
    so on the one hand you're saying: the us should leave the WTO, **** the trade agreements

but on the other hand you get worked up about stealing intellectual property.

your posts do not make any sense at all. you're promoting the destruction of the one institution that actually does have some degree of power in protecting the intellectual property you seem to think so highly of.

if the US isolates itself from the rest of the world, with no trade agreements what measures are left when the rest of the world does actually ignore US intellectual property. Just nuke them all??
    That would get my vote.

curious

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post
    My bet is his pm privilege is about to come to an end.

I have to admit it crossed my mind to invite him to some place in the middle of nowhere, encourage him to wear a weapon, and have him arrested as a terrorist. But that would be unnecessarily cruel.
    I don't need a weapon punk.

curious

Quote Originally Posted by crazyl View Post
    Curious, chill out with those PM's buddy. I don't want you sent on the same vacation as Patrick Bateman.
    I am going to put myself on vacation. The way these people harasss me because they do not like my opinions. I am done with this place.

DrunkenLullaby
    DrunkenLullaby's Avatar Become A Pro!

"In the Bears Giants game this year, the Giants tried to kick a 57 yard field goal. Hester was standing on the back line of the end zone and had to leap to catch the ball, he stood there for a few seconds and then ran the ball down the right side of the field, practically untouched for a 108 yard missed field goal return. This is a record that cannot be beaten because one more inch and the ball is out of the end zone. It was an amazing play."

Scoring Summary NYG - CHI
    1st Quarter
    9:58 CHI TD Rex Grossman passed to Desmond Clark down the middle for 1 yard gain (Robbie Gould made PAT) 0 - 7

2nd Quarter
    10:25 NYG TD Derrick Ward rushed to the left for 2 yard gain (Lawrence Tynes made PAT) 7 - 7

4:38 CHI FG Robbie Gould kicked a 35-yard field goal 7 - 10

0:00 CHI FG Robbie Gould kicked a 46-yard field goal 7 - 13

3rd Quarter
    10:52 CHI FG Robbie Gould kicked a 41-yard field goal 7 - 16

4th Quarter
    6:54 NYG TD Eli Manning passed to Amani Toomer to the left for 6 yard gain (Lawrence Tynes made PAT) 14 - 16

1:33 NYG TD Reuben Droughns rushed to the right for 2 yard gain (Lawrence Tynes made PAT) 21 - 16

Oops, I'm sorry. I thought this was the "The misinformation being spread here about Devin Hester vs. the Giants" thread. My bad.

20Four7
    Timmy T = Failure
    20Four7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4120

Yes, it has turned into a "we don't like what he says, so let's attack him personally".
    Sorry Curious the only one attacking other people seems to be YOU. Some one is a stupid Motherf*cker if they disagree with you, or a crackhead or a stupid punk or something......

Get a grip. Or better yet, take a big toke from that bong you brought back from Asia.....

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

There are those who form their own opinions, and those who take on the opinions of others; even if they have to pay for it. In the world of headlines, soundbites, and oneliners the ability to back up an opinion with a clear analysis never gets beyond an embryonic potential. To point out the obvious may result in a furious response, as if the force behind the conviction somehow makes up for its lack of substance.

Ganchrow
    Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
    Ganchrow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1088

I am going to put myself on vacation. The way these people harasss me because they do not like my opinions. I am done with this place.
    You apparently have some sort of persecution complex.

It's you who is doing the harassing. It's you who is threatening others with physical violence. It's you who is spewing racial epithets. It's you who is the one that launches into a litany of ad hominems whenever someone disagree with one of your opinions or disproves one of your tenuous assertions.

curious, you're a bully. I've said it before and I'll say it again -- you're an angry, mean-spirited bully who is eternally more concerned with being right than with getting it right. You think that just because you're louder, bigger, and stronger than most people, all must kowtow to your will, do exactly as you say, and think exactly as you arbitrarily dictate.

Well guess what, curious? You might be louder, bigger, and stronger than the likes of PatrickBateman or whomever you used to pick on in high school, but you're not louder, bigger, and stronger than JC, you're not louder, bigger, and stronger than DarkHorse, you're not louder, bigger, and stronger than Durito, and you're sure as fuck not louder, bigger, and stronger than I.

It's not because of your opinions that you're having problems curious. Mature, rationale people can disagree. For example, I disagree with probably half of what DarkHorse says (I mean have you heard his thoughts on betting streaks, or on the collapse of the WTC towers, or on a 9/11 conspiracy -- they are out there! ). But although I get frustrated with some of the things he says (and vice-versa, I'm sure), and although we frequently engage in heated exchanges of rhetorical artillery, we nevertheless ultimately treat one another with respect and civility. This is exactly why through the course of all our debates and disagreements we've come to consider one another friends.

The guy might always be wrong (from my perspective -- which is of course always right) ... but by demonstrating the mark of the sophisticated mind as described by Aristotle, (namely that "one be able to entertain a thought without accepting it"), he's always wrong in the right way.

What I've found, curious -- and that's everywhere I've been and everywhere I've gone -- is that if you want to gain respect the first best step is to give respect. So if you want to get a little more respect around here, perhaps it's time you showed a little more respect around here. That doesn't mean you have to back down from all conflict, but rather you need to refrain from expressing personal enmity at the slightest whiff of a difference of opinion. You need to listen to what the other person has to say, and accept the possibility that it may well be you who is in the wrong. You need to be able to disagree, as the gnome tells us, without being disagreeable.

Now I'm certainly no model for perfect behavior. I can certainly be a cantankerous and caustic intellectual dickhead at times (a bad habit I probably picked up from my collegiate debate team days). I know that -- but I really do try. I try to accept the fact that not everyone's going to think the same way that I do, that not everyone's gong to have the same world view as I, and that just because someone disagrees with what I have to say, it's not an affront to me personally.

"Disagree without vitriol, listen with an open-mind, and respond with humility." I think that that makes for a pretty good normative mode of behavior among good, intelligent people on a message board.

Anyway, curious, let’s both of us take a deep breath, and realize that there are more important things in this world then some silly little sports betting forum. (Even if it is does happen to be the best silly little sports betting forum out there. )

So cheers, Brother. And Happy Holidays.

Scott.

DrunkenLullaby

There are those who form their own opinions, and those who take on the opinions of others; even if they have to pay for it. In the world of headlines, soundbites, and oneliners the ability to back up an opinion with a clear analysis never gets beyond an embryonic potential. To point out the obvious may result in a furious response, as if the force behind the conviction somehow makes up for its lack of substance.
    This is an absolutely beautiful post.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

He's a great writer, usually says stuff like that.

DrunkenLullaby

By the way, my "Curious repellent" tactic now stands at an impressive 3 for 3.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

Quote Originally Posted by Ganchrow View Post
    I disagree with probably half of what DarkHorse says (I mean have you heard his thoughts on betting streaks, or on the collapse of the WTC towers, or on a 9/11 conspiracy -- they are out there! )
    My friend, while I may PERHAPS lay claim to a fair share of unique insights, I'm sorry to say that 9/11 is not among them. In fact, the 'out there' view on that is supported by many academics, and is far more popular than your characterization indicates. The pendulum has swung.

Great documentary on the topic:
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=0

Ganchrow
    Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
    Ganchrow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1088

My friend, while I may PERHAPS lay claim to a fair share of unique insights, I'm sorry to say that 9/11 is not among them. In fact, the 'out there' view on that is supported by many academics, and is far more popular than your characterization indicates. The pendulum has swung.

Great documentary on the topic:
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=0
    I've also been hearing that Werewolves may have recently taken over the country of Andorra.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

I've been in Andorra. It is true that this was a long time ago, that the place is tax free, that my memories are predominantly sexual, and that screams may have echoed off the mountain walls, but I do not for the life of me recall the Andorran moon as being worthy of howling at.

Sorry.

JC
    JC's Avatar Become A Pro!

Curious,

I am still waiting for a response on point to my posts.

bigloser
    bigloser's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1335

Are we expecting a ruling today?

DrunkenLullaby

As JC will confirm, the EU pussied out and settled with the US for concessions in other industries (in a nutshell, UPS & FedEx pay the price for the US's gambling stance). The Antigua ruling has been delayed, but a date for its release is expected today.

First 12