iceminers26
    iceminers26's Avatar Become A Pro!

5dimes is going down the shitter

I loved this book at one time but I can't take their rudeness and mistakes anymore. The most recent example, I made a cash deposit via ** just yesterday and transferred some of it to their poker room and played last night. Well I go to log into the poker room to transfer funds back to the book and I keep getting an error message that I am unable to access to room and to contact 5Dimes. Well I do and not only do I get rude treatment and told why would I be such an idiot to wait until the last minute to make a deposit if I needed the funds (meanwhile the dumb broad doesn't realize the situation and that I made the deposit yesterday morning) but I also get told that it isn't their problem because they hire a 3rd party and the poker room is not connected to them. At this point I'm a little pissed to say the least but keep my cool and hold back from ripping into this dumb broad. The money is still not into the book account while I continue to wait but being an A+ book you shouldn't have to go through this shit.

I am about ready to throw in the towel with these guys, loved their book, but there has to be better ones out their that not only pay as well as 5dimes but are actually not dumb and rude like these guys. Any suggestions?

djefferis
    djefferis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 437

Anywhere you play there will be mistakes, rudeness is another issue.

They can be a bit rude, generally brought on by a day full of idiots and scammers testing their patience..you happened to be the unlucky guy who was next in line.

You can get better service elsewhere, but it cost. 5dimes has the lowest juice of a non exchange (for us residents at least) and the best selection.

Why not play poker elsewhere and keep sports only funds there. I am sure there are better spots for poker, but none for sports.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

5Dimes is fine. The complaints are always in the same category, and usually accompanied by a catchy topic title that is in no proportion to the subject matter. The exaggeration in the title proves that the forum is, once again, (mis)used to get back at a book.

iceminers26

Quote Originally Posted by djefferis View Post
    Anywhere you play there will be mistakes, rudeness is another issue. They can be a bit rude, generally brought on by a day full of idiots and scammers testing their patience..you happened to be the unlucky guy who was next in line. You can get better service elsewhere, but it cost. 5dimes has the lowest juice of a non exchange (for us residents at least) and the best selection. Why not play poker elsewhere and keep sports only funds there. I am sure there are better spots for poker, but none for sports.
    5dimes is pretty solid, or I should put it the best at payouts IMO but I was thinking there has to be a book out there that is just as good at payouts without the BS that comes with CS at 5dimes.

As for poker at another site, I usually never play poker but was having a great night, blowouts in pretty much every game and didn't feel like watching them any longer, so I decided to play some poker just for the night; not a normal routine for me.

SRBI
    SRBI's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think The Greek and BP AND Matchbook are all better than 5dimes by a mile. Make the switch.

5dimes is nothing but trickery, these fukks aren't satisfied with just your business they put in the extra effort to try and screw you in any way possible for their own benefit. I could write a damn book about all the fishy shit I've experienced with them.

iceminers26

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post
    5Dimes is fine. The complaints are always in the same category, and usually accompanied by a catchy topic title that is in no proportion to the subject matter. The exaggeration in the title proves that the forum is, once again, (mis)used to get back at a book.
    The book makes an error and ties up my funds that I deposited via cash just a day prior and you come at me, ****in comical Horse. How is this not an issue that shouldn't be posted and how is it an exaggeration as you put it? I cannot access my funds that I deposited, I find this to be a big ****in deal.

iceminers26

Quote Originally Posted by SRBI View Post
    I think The Greek and BP AND Matchbook are all better than 5dimes by a mile. Make the switch.
    thanks for the advice

iceminers26

I forgot to ask Horse, are you a schill for 5dimes because to not think not being allowed to use your own funds when you go through the effort of going to the market and sending them cash has me puzzled that you don't think it is that big of a deal.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

5dimes is going down the shitter

That's you posting, isn't it?

They made an error. So? If you make a mistake, do you go down the shitter too? Give a book some time to sort it out next time, before coming crying to a forum. Stop acting like such a baby.

iceminers26

5dimes is going down the shitter That's you posting, isn't it? They made an error. So? If you make a mistake, do you go down the shitter too? Give a book some time to sort it out next time, before coming crying to a forum. Stop acting like such a baby.
    Go **** yourself buddy

iceminers26

And since you're so interested the problem is still not resolved at the current time, I'll make sure when they finally do fix the problem, God knows when, that you're the first to know.

scott235
    scott235's Avatar Become A Pro!

i continually read things like this from defenders of 5dimes. i am not saying that you are wrong, i just find it puzzling that other top rated books do not get near the volume of complaints.

why is this?
    Last edited by scott235; 05-28-10 at 03:21 PM.

djefferis

Quote Originally Posted by iceminers26 View Post
    And since you're so interested the problem is still not resolved at the current time, I'll make sure when they finally do fix the problem, God knows when, that you're the first to know.
    Did you call and ask for Tony or a manager...lay out your issue clearly and politely with them. Always been ok to me.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

Quote Originally Posted by scott235 View Post
    i continually read things like this from defenders of 5dimes. i am not saying that you are wrong, i just find it puzzling that other top rated books do not get near the volume of complaints.

why is this?

It's not about defending 5Dimes.

Here's a simple basic principle: it's a people business. In most cases, if you're cool with a book, the book is going to be cool with you. And if you're going to be all uptight about a simple mistake, and run to the forums before the book can correct it, guess what? The OP apparently is under the impression that this creates goodwill, and would inspire the book to correct its mistake faster...

A book is not your enemy. A book is your business associate. They get a lot of crap thrown their way. So if you want an immediate advantage, treat them with respect.

The OP shows people no respect. Just in this thread he calls me a shill, and tells me to go f*ck myself. And then he wonders why people would put him in the back of the line. People like that create their own misery, and they don't realize it because they're too busy blaming everybody else.
    Last edited by Dark Horse; 05-28-10 at 03:35 PM.

djefferis

Quote Originally Posted by SRBI View Post

5dimes is nothing but trickery, these fukks aren't satisfied with just your business they put in the extra effort to try and screw you in any way possible for their own benefit. I could write a damn book about all the fishy shit I've experienced with them.

I'll give you the first, but the latter 2 mentioned are WORSE cs than 5dimes...and I like all 3.

As far as questionable behavior at 5dimes, let's see one or two examples. Things happen no doubt, but they seem responsive in my experiences.

joe blow
    joe blow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 99

Same thing happen to me at 5 dimes around a year ago.It took them almost 2 days to fix it.
    After that i never played poker there.
    Do yourself a favor,don't quit them,they are a much needed out for baseball.
    Full tilt ,poker stars both take e-checks ,play poker some were else
    GL

trixtrix
    trixtrix's Avatar Become A Pro!

professional attitude toward customers typically flows from top down, why exactly would you expect anything less (more) from 5dimes?

katstale
    katstale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by djefferis View Post
    Did you call and ask for Tony or a manager...lay out your issue clearly and politely with them. Always been ok to me.
    Yes, you want to do this. Don't stop climbing the ladder til you get to Tony. Then take notes or record the conversation so you can come back here with valid Tony quotes. without tony quotes, we really can't take a 5pennies complaint seriously.

ncat12
    ncat12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32

nope dark horse ...you can be a cool as cool can be and five dimes CS will (it seem like always) be a bunch of tight ass women who are having hot flashes from menopause and pms all at the same time, now I know that it is physically impossible to have both but it ever there was a case.....

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

Quote Originally Posted by ncat12 View Post
    nope dark horse ...you can be a cool as cool can be and five dimes CS will (it seem like always) be a bunch of tight ass women who are having hot flashes from menopause and pms all at the same time, now I know that it is physically impossible to have both but it ever there was a case.....
    lol

It's old news that their CS is not top notch. So what? Neither is Pinny's.

I'm not trying to be friends with Tony. I'm trying to beat the motherf*cker. But I do respect him a great deal. To run a shop like that takes incredible depth of knowledge.

chunnnn2010
    chunnnn2010's Avatar Become A Pro!

5dimes is a great book. I really like paying at. but they sometimes make mistakes on your transfer (Book to Book).

scott235
    scott235's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's not about defending 5Dimes.

Here's a simple basic principle: it's a people business. In most cases, if you're cool with a book, the book is going to be cool with you. And if you're going to be all uptight about a simple mistake, and run to the forums before the book can correct it, guess what? The OP apparently is under the impression that this creates goodwill, and would inspire the book to correct its mistake faster...

A book is not your enemy. A book is your business associate. They get a lot of crap thrown their way. So if you want an immediate advantage, treat them with respect.

The OP shows people no respect. Just in this thread he calls me a shill, and tells me to go f*ck myself. And then he wonders why people would put him in the back of the line. People like that create their own misery, and they don't realize it because they're too busy blaming everybody else.

i understand- and think you are right in saying that it is very important how one addresses a problem with a book. also, why not treat people with respect because it's the right thing to do?

however, you or nobody else has still answered my question.

why does 5dimes have by far the most complaints of the top rated books?

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

Quote Originally Posted by scott235 View Post
    why does 5dimes have by far the most complaints of the top rated books?
    What do you think? People don't like being disrespected... If they're going to lose money, they want at least some respect in return. Vegas understands that. 5D does not. But it has nothing to do with the bookmaking side of the operation.

iceminers26

Horse

I appologize for my earlier comment, was upset with the book and took your words to the extreme. It does not make it right the foul language I used towards you but just wanted to take the time now that I have cooled down and appologize.

The matter was taken care of about an hour ago and the total wait time was roughly 7 hours, may have been a little shorter because I was only checking every hour but roughly 7 total. I'm glad it was taken care of and knew it would be with them but still am a little bitter about making a deposit and than a day later having my funds tied up all day.

trixtrix
    trixtrix's Avatar Become A Pro!

lol

It's old news that their CS is not top notch. So what? Neither is Pinny's.

I'm not trying to be friends with Tony. I'm trying to beat the motherf*cker. But I do respect him a great deal. To run a shop like that takes incredible depth of knowledge.

no, to run pinny w/ -105 margin and 10k limits take incredible knowledge set

to run -105 w/ 50/500 limits? not so much..

evo34
    evo34's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4198

Quote Originally Posted by trixtrix View Post
    no, to run pinny w/ -105 margin and 10k limits take incredible knowledge set

to run -105 w/ 50/500 limits? not so much..

well said.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

Thanks iceminers. Glad the issue was resolved.

Trixtrix. It's not either/or. Pinnacle's expertise is not in question. Did you notice that 5D was the first with a line for tonight's Suns game? That takes a lot of guts. (Perhaps it's a sign of things to come).

But if you wish to measure everything by Pinnacle standards, then no other book must be very knowledgeable.

Doug
    Doug's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1298

Quote Originally Posted by iceminers26 View Post
    Horse

I appologize for my earlier comment, was upset with the book and took your words to the extreme. It does not make it right the foul language I used towards you but just wanted to take the time now that I have cooled down and appologize.

The matter was taken care of about an hour ago and the total wait time was roughly 7 hours, may have been a little shorter because I was only checking every hour but roughly 7 total. I'm glad it was taken care of and knew it would be with them but still am a little bitter about making a deposit and than a day later having my funds tied up all day.
    The problem is that there are only a handful of good books for a US player that have reduced vig.

soxwin1917
    soxwin1917's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1922

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    The problem is that there are only a handful of good books for a US player that have reduced vig.
    Exactly