John Howard
    John Howard's Avatar Become A Pro!

Canbet - Money Withdrawl Problems

I signed up to Canbet in March, taking advantage of the sign up bonus when joining. I have just tried to withdraw 2100 pounds and they claim I still have money to wager through.

However their wagering requirements are outragous and barely obtainable and I am not allowed to withdaw until it is completed.

The wagering requirements were 6 times the bonus of £25, so £150. For a wager to count you have to use their bonus money which they claim is the last £15 pound to be used in the account. So for example if I have £2100 pounds in my account I have to wager the whole amount in a single Wager or several wagers using the whole balance to count £25 towards the roller over requirement

Too add to this the amount gets released in £10 increments so as you can see towards the end I would be wagering my whole balance to achieve £15 or even £5 pounds towards the wagering requirement.

This is ridiculous, and suprised they can even legally do this.....they state it is in the terms and conditions?

I have sent them an email, they replied just stating I have £69 left to wager and I cannot withdraw anything until this is complete. Following that I have ask them to give me a realistic way to acheive this bonus and the break down of the bets I would have to place. I am yet to hear back from them?

Can anybody help me here, what options do I have here???

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20519

when you finally find a way out, stay out .. they are a crap book now, whereas they used to be good when owned by IAS

AimingHigh
    AimingHigh's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm pretty sure you can sacrifice the bonus and just withdraw the rest of your balance. You'll need to request that they remove the bonus manually, though, otherwise their system may just keep blocking any withdrawal attempts (ie. even if you mentally 'deduct' the bonus, requesting that much less than the total balance).

In the past year or so, there have been various stories on here about bonus horror stories with them, particularly for new clients from mainland Europe. They used to be a really good book, but I think they're trading on past prestige now, as their dodgy bonus rules are now quite well known.

Re attempting to try and keep all of the bonus, consider whether you could get better lines elsewhere anyway. Ie. while you're plugging away for the small ££ bonus, maybe you'd have won more straight betting somewhere else on better lines without the bonus.

But if you really want to keep the bonus, couldn't you just 'split' your balance in two, putting a huge bet in on something a little while in the future, while in the interim rolling over the small amount left as balance until the bonus was released? That would seem like the kind of thing the new Canbet would prohibit in their rules, but that's all I've got as a way to extract the bonus.

ChewFu
    ChewFu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 228

What AH said. Go on livechat and get them to remove the £69 and withdraw. If they won't, put the majority of your balance on a heavily odds on shot (e.g. Nadal in French Open 2nd round) and turn over the remainder to clear the bonus.

Used to be a good book, now it isn't.

DIF
    DIF's Avatar Become A Pro!

my advice.
    complete your roll over and leave. Good luck.

John Howard

I have asked for the bonus to be removed on live chat and they said to send them an email requesting this. They brushed it off and said that was not possible. I wasn't particualrly that bothered with the bonus, just thought my aswell take advantage of it when I said up. Bad mistake!!

That sounds like a good idea AH cheers. I will have to have a good read through the terms and conditions first to make sure they aren't going to screw me over on something else. I think I will have to do that as a last resort. Anybody know anything else I can do first? is there no gambling regulatory bodies to contact regarding this?

John Howard

Just as an update guys. I got in touch with IBAS regarding the complaint and shortly after was arranged a full call with management, and got paid in full!

DukeJohn
    DukeJohn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by John Howard View Post
    Just as an update guys. I got in touch with IBAS regarding the complaint and shortly after was arranged a full call with management, and got paid in full!
    Congrats!!

strixee
    I think, therefore I win
    strixee's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have been waiting for my money for couple days. How long does it usually take to this bookie to send it?

chunnnn2010
    chunnnn2010's Avatar Become A Pro!

canbet isn't that good as four years ago. they have been downgraded from A to C.

Stumpage
    Update your status
    Stumpage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13676

Quote Originally Posted by John Howard View Post
    Good stuff John.....Now rid yourself of this sportbook, which I'm guessing you might have already done. Like others here have noted, they used to be a very solid outfit, but those days are long, long in the past.....

yobinad
    yobinad's Avatar Become A Pro!

Canbet are a bunch of thieves.
    My advise to all: Keep far away from this book.

Alanetw
    Alanetw's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3372

Can you tell me please - when you sent Canbet ID did they ask you to provide a photo with you holding your passport or D.Licence next to your face? They have asked me to do this which is victimisation in my book as I have provided good quality copies already.

strixee
    I think, therefore I win
    strixee's Avatar Become A Pro!

they ask you to provide a photo with you holding your passport or D.Licence next to your face
    Are you kidding? What country are you from?

Diesel79
    Diesel79's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14862

well.... you cant expect anything better from C- rated book. I was their client when they were A rated .... never had any problems with them

Alanetw

I am in the Uk - do you believe this is victimisation?
    They owe me 4000gbp.

nenad
    nenad's Avatar Become A Pro!

you must wager whole amount in single wager because only last 150e counts to rollover

DukeJohn
    DukeJohn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by Alanetw View Post
    Can you tell me please - when you sent Canbet ID did they ask you to provide a photo with you holding your passport or D.Licence next to your face? .
    That is crazy!

No, the last time I was with them was when they were rated an A book and although I do remember having to send several copies of my DL, until I finally sent it in a pdf format, before they accepted it. They never asked me to hold it up to my face.

This book has gone way downhill...

BoL,

Alanetw

Well it seems like I will be ok - eventually today they mailed me to say they had accepted my ID and the wd request I put in should provide my funds on Monday. Once received - that account will be closed along with IAsbet - sorry just don't trust the Aussies anymore.

Alanetw

Money finally received from Canbet Friday 8th October 2010.
    Warning to all - spread the word - AVOID CANBET AT ALL COSTS

yobinad

AVOID is the word, they are a bunch of thieves that gone a make everything you imagine to don't pay you your winnings

escou
    escou's Avatar Become A Pro!

On what bases did IBAS solve your problem guys ? Cuz i mean what happend to was: asked support for bonus, they said they had no bonuses, because they offered ''best odds in the indusrty'' HAHA, then I entered a code in the promotional field and got a RED SIGN saying THAT THIS PROMOTION IS NO LONGER VALID. So I start to play, and a couple of weeks after my account holds a couple of hudreds, so I try and withdrawl AND THEN I GET THIS MAIL SAYING THEY HAD CREDITED a bonus to my account .... the rest you know perfectly well.

AimingHigh
    AimingHigh's Avatar Become A Pro!

It should be straightforward to show you didn't receive a bonus, or even if you did, that there's no rollover remaining. When Canbet gives a bonus, it goes in a separate "bonus" balance which you can see on your account information. When the rollover's complete, all of your money will be in the "real" balance. So just look at the "My Account" section, screenshot it, and reply. Job done.

escou

Well yes i did recieve a bonus, but i found out later and asked them to forefeit it, they said it won't work now since i have already played with it. So i contacted IBAS, explained my situation.

kostasgr
    kostasgr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Crap sportbook.I think they have financial problems......

escou

Well they have been around for long seems like and if you dont get invloved with their bonus only. Rest seems more than fine, for a person who doesn't use $. but euroes

justonetime
    justonetime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4467

Didn't they used to be considered a good book? Along with IASbet? I haven't heard any news of them recently.

escou

well yeah but C- now and redicilous bonus rules otherwise lines are fine mostly.

jairocon
    jairocon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 260

Aren't they affiliated with sbobet? Their odds mimic sbobet odds almost 100%. Even the timing of the drops.

yobinad

Don't deposit at Canbet.

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20519

Quote Originally Posted by justonetime View Post
    Didn't they used to be considered a good book? Along with IASbet? I haven't heard any news of them recently.
    They were once owned by IAS but were sold to the Poms and it's been a steady downhill slide ever since

I wouldn't touch them.

IAS themselves have also been sold and are owned now by Paddy Power.
    Their sports business has suffered by the horrendous limiting style typical of all the UK books and now permeating Australia.
    However their racing offering are still worth maintaining an account for.

escou

Well yeah canbet's lines and other practices seems more than okay, although I am devastated by their bonus policy .. a bonus that I didnt even understand that i receieved ??? How strange is that no terms and conditions no nothing, just a code that you enter, and when you enter the code IT SAYS WITH RED WARNING THIS CODE IS NO LONGER VALID and all of a sudden after some weeks i see a Bonus balance in there, how nice of them to allow me to take their bonus offer although it is not valid haha And before opening an account i wrote to to customer service and asked them for bonus offers they said they had none, just the best odds in the industry So now i have more than 1300 euroes in there and waiting for the IBAS to help me.

sunny
    sunny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I've been with them since 2007 and just recently want to withdraw around £3000 to my neteller.

It's been a week now and my withdrawal is still pending. I contacted them numerous times and was always told that the withdrawal had been approved and would be processed first thing next day.

Avoid them. Very bad bookie.

sunny
    sunny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Ironically the main reason I am leaving them is that it usually takes me minutes to log in or refresh the webpage. And my first log in is always showing wrong password. Crap.

bbets365
    bbets365's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192

Quote Originally Posted by sunny View Post
    I've been with them since 2007 and just recently want to withdraw around £3000 to my neteller.

It's been a week now and my withdrawal is still pending. I contacted them numerous times and was always told that the withdrawal had been approved and would be processed first thing next day.

Avoid them. Very bad bookie.
    Did you receive money?