SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Any feedback on VIP?

The A- rating was suspect the day they announced no more US players. But to their credit we are not seeing any negative feedback.

I will say that when football ends their rating will be lowered because they will begin to fall below a minimum critical mass. They need to find a way to bring in new players at some point or they could get risky.

Anyone with any comments?

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I know I don't make the ratings here John, but their rating deserved to drop a long time ago IMO

Lets not forget they don't take Canadian players either, which doesn't exactly help there cause at all.

I can't really fault them for cutting people limits due to the fact that they are well known for being a recreational type book, however they do bring it upon themselves. Hell, it's not the players fault that they move the lines so slow that most people can't help not to take advantage of their managements lack of sharpness skills.

Gurni
    Gurni's Avatar Become A Pro!

They kicked me out after closing to U.S. players, i was betting on NBA and MLB there as an European.

I already had $300 limits, and I donīt mind getting cut..but showing me the door just because they want newbies *only* isnīt very professional.

Donīt think this is an A- worthy shop now.
    What are they focusing on now anyway, european sports like soccer?

HedgeHog
    HedgeHog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16973

They cut my limits to $100 before I said enough and left. $100 is okay for straights, but when you have a great future prop at 50-1, you can only bet $2 on it due to the $100 win max--ridiculous.

However, they paid me promptly when I left.

Tunes
    Tunes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2676

I stopped using them about a month ago, mainly because of limits. Honestly, never had any problems with them and was able to deposit using ************, bank wires, lots of methods....never had problems with payouts and really liked their software.

But at the end of the day, if I wanna bet 3 dimes on something, I can do that at anytime on WSEX but I can only do it at certain times at VIP. And if I wanna bet a future and take a shot at winning a big number, why do I have to be limited to winning a certain amount? In this age of a 24-hour world, who wants to be told that you can only bet something at certain times of the day or that you have a max win limit?

Amateurish to me, for serious players there are better and more professional places to play.

20Four7
    Timmy T = Failure
    20Four7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4120

Quote Originally Posted by HedgeHog View Post
    They cut my limits to $100 before I said enough and left. $100 is okay for straights, but when you have a great future prop at 50-1, you can only bet $2 on it due to the $100 win max--ridiculous.

However, they paid me promptly when I left.
    That sounds like Interwetten. They cut me to a risk $50 or win $50 whichever is lower. Nice when you can only bet $50 risk and the line is -250. You gotta really wonder if they are actually bookmakers.

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Quote Originally Posted by Gurni View Post
    Donīt think this is an A- worthy shop now.
    What are they focusing on now anyway, european sports like soccer?
    No they are still focused on US sports for the most part. Their plan seems to be to keep their base for as long as they can less the sharp action. Not a bad short term stradegy but the short term is about up.

smracine
    smracine's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

I haven't had any issues with them....I haven't had my limits cut and the payouts I did request were prompt. Of course I'm a net loser there, so that might help.

wildemu
    wildemu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1574

Sorry for this bumping up guys, but can a mod answer if vip would cut the limits of a player who straight bets 550 per game every time and is up overall on the book? Thanks.

bigboydan

I think it all depends what your betting really. I mean I've seen players get the boot after placing one wager before.

wildemu
    wildemu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1574

I am just betting the big name sports. NBA, NCAA, NFL...nothing too exotic like soccer or tennis.

bigboydan

Every book will cut limits in the right situation. The most common reason at VIP would betting into their slow moving lives. If your playing there as a recreational type player. I think you will be Ok wagering a nickel a game.

rake922
    rake922's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2105

Didn't they change the URL to the site?

bigboydan

Quote Originally Posted by rake922 View Post
    Didn't they change the URL to the site?
    Not that I know of sir.

pokernut9999
    pokernut9999's Avatar Become A Pro!

I had used them before and this weekend decided to try them again. Looks like they can process any CC.

sofos
    sofos's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

I have used them for quite a while. They cut my limits but they are OK in everything else. I plan to keep them as an out as long as they 'd have me.