RickySteve
    SBR is a criminal organization
    RickySteve's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 187

BetMania Moving Lines On Approval

For months now, BetMania moves the line against me every single time I attempt to make a wager online. It makes sense these scumbags operate illegally from Costa Rica because they'd lose their NV gaming license on day one taking shots at players like this.

Thremp
    Thremp's Avatar Become A Pro!

Aren't they using the exact same lines as BP along with everyone in the BP family?

acarmelo1
    The Panamanian Connection
    acarmelo1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1581

they are doing the same a BetPheonix

acarmelo1

Quote Originally Posted by Thremp View Post
    Aren't they using the exact same lines as BP along with everyone in the BP family?
    Betmania, BetPheonix, Wagerhief all use Same Software, Same Lines, Same Reps, Same everything

RickySteve

Different lines on N. American sports, a la BM<->DSI.

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

They weren't the last time I played there, but that was some time ago.

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Quote Originally Posted by acarmelo1 View Post
    Betmania, BetPheonix, Wagerhief all use Same Software, Same Lines, Same Reps, Same everything
    No. Stop posting in this forum.

Peep
    Peep's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by RickySteve View Post
    For months now, BetMania moves the line against me every single time I attempt to make a wager online. It makes sense these scumbags operate illegally from Costa Rica because they'd lose their NV gaming license on day one taking shots at players like this.
    Royal did that for a while with me (when Richard was there).

They thought it was "funny". I thought they were jerks......

acarmelo1

Quote Originally Posted by durito View Post
    No. Stop posting in this forum.

They use the Same customer service reps

Thremp
    Thremp's Avatar Become A Pro!

Different lines on N. American sports, a la BM<->DSI.
    Quote Originally Posted by durito View Post
    They weren't the last time I played there, but that was some time ago.
    I personally have not played at BetMania. Just BP/Sports-1. Wasn't sure of the relationship between all of them. Seems like Cris Group would be an extremely apt comparison.

skrtelfan
    skrtelfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3337

BetUS and Bodog do that to me all the time so I guess we can add BetMania to that list of shit books. According to some Bodog apologists that's "good business sense" by Bodog.

mtneer1212
    mtneer1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3369

Same CS reps is correct. Lines are different.

oldtim
    going to hit 1000
    oldtim's Avatar Become A Pro!

When books try this on me, I bet opposite way They all 50/50 anyhow and they just gave me a better %

Santo
    Santo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Quote Originally Posted by skrtelfan View Post
    BetUS and Bodog do that to me all the time so I guess we can add BetMania to that list of shit books. According to some Bodog apologists that's "good business sense" by Bodog.
    In Bodog's case they have different lines after you log in (if you're blocking their cookie which identifies you pre-login), but still one set of lines for each player which it is possible to bet. In the case described here, you can never actually see what lines you're getting until you make the bet.

skrtelfan
    skrtelfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3337

Quote Originally Posted by Santo View Post
    In Bodog's case they have different lines after you log in (if you're blocking their cookie which identifies you pre-login), but still one set of lines for each player which it is possible to bet. In the case described here, you can never actually see what lines you're getting until you make the bet.
    I'm talking about something different from the dual lines. I haven't bothered funding my account in years so it's possible they changed things, but well over half the time I tried to bet any props there (I'd say 60% of the time), they moved the line on me during the approval process. I know props are different than full game lines but that would still be illegal in any regulated jurisdiction.

pirate
    pirate's Avatar Become A Pro!

Call in your bet...Once they quote you a line on a game they can't change it when you tell them your choice

djefferis
    djefferis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 437

Quote Originally Posted by pirate View Post
    Call in your bet...Once they quote you a line on a game they can't change it when you tell them your choice
    Excellent point, problem solved. They can move it, before confirmation readback, but less likely and if they do will be able to immed get a reason.

Personally, never had this issue, but do know of other complaints with BP and big tennis doggies from winning players, so not dismissing the OP complaint entirely. Alot of unsupported bashing, but this one sounds legit.

pokerplayer22
    pokerplayer22's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by pirate View Post
    They are not supposed to changed the lines once they quote them to you over the phone but they do it anyway. Its very dishonest of them. I started a thread (titled Lines Moves) about this a little over a week ago.

blix177
    blix177's Avatar Become A Pro!

On the flip side of this, this might be happening because.

OP is arbing the line. There is +EV to bet both side. OP calls in and get the line, but someone online beat them to it and wager online. System automatically changed the line before.

richsox24
    richsox24's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by pokerplayer22 View Post
    They are not supposed to changed the lines once they quote them to you over the phone but they do it anyway. Its very dishonest of them. I started a thread (titled Lines Moves) about this a little over a week ago.

They just pulled this crap with me. I called up for the line on the Ariz/Florida baseball game and they quoted me Marlins -152/Ariz +137. I told them i wanted Ariz risking 300 to win 411 and before I got the readback, the idiot rep on the phone told me that the line was now Florida -148/Ariz +133. This is such bs. This is the first (and the last) wager I call in with them. How the fck can they change the line after they hear what side i want? And why am I getting so pissed. Should the wager win, it only costs me 12 dollars. I guess its just the principle.

trixtrix
    trixtrix's Avatar Become A Pro!

betpho really needs to straighten this out, this happens to me over pitthy 100 limit bet!

this is how stupid it its, 100$ limit of wa line at best offers punter like 2% return which = 2$. for 2$ it's not worth the clerk's time or the system resources it takes to move the line, not to mention the added risk of opening up the other side to a potential bigger bet at now off market prices.
    Last edited by trixtrix; 05-17-10 at 07:13 PM.

RickySteve

Quote Originally Posted by blix177 View Post
    On the flip side of this, this might be happening because.

OP is arbing the line. There is +EV to bet both side. OP calls in and get the line, but someone online beat them to it and wager online. System automatically changed the line before.
    All attempted plays at market.

mg63
    mg63's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 882

Quote Originally Posted by acarmelo1 View Post
    Add skybook to this list too

Do betphoenix and wagerchief have the same owners?

RickySteve

Update:

SBR contacted management regarding my complaint. They claim it's not happening and would be grounds for termination. For one day my bets are approved at posted line. Next day it's back to business as usual: 6 bets attempted since, all static lines, all moved against me on delay.

They have also officially reneged on the payment plan promised in January for which they made exactly one payment.

AimingHigh
    AimingHigh's Avatar Become A Pro!

How much do they owe you RickySteve? It sounds like that might be an even bigger issue than the line moves.

blix177
    blix177's Avatar Become A Pro!

Update:

SBR contacted management regarding my complaint. They claim it's not happening and would be grounds for termination. For one day my bets are approved at posted line. Next day it's back to business as usual: 6 bets attempted since, all static lines, all moved against me on delay.

They have also officially reneged on the payment plan promised in January for which they made exactly one payment.
    What are their online limits? I mean on betphoenix side for NFL and NBA I took shots on them for $3k and lines move about 10 cent from +100 to -110 after my bets. What I am trying to say is how much are you betting that you have to do it over the phone? Why not just bet online? And why betmania? Rather than betphoenix. They are essentially the same.

Betmania did offer free half point with -108 juice at one point. But that disapper for me after 6 bets. But it was good, free money.

RickySteve

Quote Originally Posted by blix177 View Post
    What are their online limits? I mean on betphoenix side for NFL and NBA I took shots on them for $3k and lines move about 10 cent from +100 to -110 after my bets. What I am trying to say is how much are you betting that you have to do it over the phone? Why not just bet online? And why betmania? Rather than betphoenix. They are essentially the same.

Betmania did offer free half point with -108 juice at one point. But that disapper for me after 6 bets. But it was good, free money.
    I never said anything about betting over the phone.

My limits are all slashed. $1K at most on a straight side, day-of-game and after they move the line against me once or twice. $250 or less on pretty much anything else. $0 on parlays/teasers/if-bets.

At the time I joined, account manager Phil directed me to play at BetMania as that was the only brand with a dime line for baseball. I only (attempt to) play there now because they are holding a lot of my money and aren't paying any time soon.