illfuuptn
    illfuuptn's Avatar Become A Pro!

Matchbook and liquidity

Matchbook seems to be a pretty bad fit for someone who bets a lot of money. At least it seems like that when it comes to baseball. If I'm betting 10k a game it's pretty difficult to even come close to getting all my action taken(especially with all those D-Bags bet like 5 dollars). My question is: Is matchbook better for other sports? And I'm specifically talking about college and pro football. Will there be at least 10k on each side available to bet?

jackkkk2009
    jackkkk2009's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3882

you can, if you wager earlier or wait for a while. your 10k should be matched before the events begin.

Santo
    Santo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Depends on the timing for Pro football, you won't get $10k in one go for college.

trumpdown
    trumpdown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 548

Matchbook isn't good for overnights been stated over and over, but without a doubt you can get 10k down for NFL or NCAAF this is the most liquid time for Matchbook. If you use the "search" function you can find screen-shots taken last fall for much much more than 10k on a side.

Chuck Sims
    Chuck Sims's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 860

When you say available to bet, are you not making offers yourself? If you want to get down $10,000 on a MLB side, you can do it.

I rarely bet that much on an MLB side, but when I do I get it down with ease.

Division futures is where I have a problem getting a bet matched.

Santo
    Santo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Those kind of markets (indeed, all futures) were worst effected by the commission structure change. Normally those would be the ideal markets for an exchange, trading back and forth over the course of a season, freeing up money when you need it and investing in long term positions when you don't, but under the new/current structure doing such is impossible (well, unprofitable), so people don't play in the markets.

jackkkk2009
    jackkkk2009's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3882

you will get $10k bet on a side of MLB, but that might be different odds combined..............