chrikar
    chrikar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 817

Skybook?

Any ideas on Skybook guys? Thinking of opening an account there-are they any good?Haven't found any serious complaints about them.

DukeJohn
    DukeJohn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by chrikar View Post
    Any ideas on Skybook guys? Thinking of opening an account there-are they any good?Haven't found any serious complaints about them.
    Skybook dropped in rating to a B- and so I removed them from my books. It was kind of pain, if I remember correctly moving the money out. I still get emails for their bonuses, however, if I call, they tell me I don't qualify. They had decent limits at the time, 2K online and 5K call in, but now if they are going under Bet Phoenix then their limits would just pool with all the other Bet Phoenix brands.

I am not really sure where Skybook is going, but if you are a recreational bettor, meaning small bets and just doing this for fun to get some money down on a game, then Sky Book is a decent little book and they offer some great bonuses.

BoL,

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1551

This is always a good sign. Multiple promo emails from Skybook today within the last hour.

Someone must need a withdrawal so they're pressing.

KGambler
    KGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Yeah, I received multiple emails today as well.

Stay away from Skybook. They are now in business with BetPhoenix. Enough said...

djefferis
    djefferis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 437

Phoenix is hosting them and providing cs, according to them yesterday when I called.

They had a similar agreement with another provider before this. Still a good shop, 50% fp ain't bad.

Like them more for hoops and football than bases.

HedgeHog
    HedgeHog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16961

Payout options are limited and costly.

louisvillekid
    slummin it
    louisvillekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3822

anyone got a mirror for this site?

Outhouse Tim
    Outhouse Tim's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4454

Like Skybook, but

The new platform is not to my liking, and the payout fees are well below industry standard.

They have been a nice book for me over the past few years, but like another poster above, I wonder what direction they are heading? Any insights on what the future holds for them? I have some $$$ in them that I hope is safe.

John Dough
    John Dough's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10118

Quote Originally Posted by HedgeHog View Post
    Payout options are limited and costly.
    This... one of the main reasons I left a while ago and haven't even considered going back.

JoeVig
    JoeVig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

They used to be a good "second tier" or "niche" shop. Now they seem to be just a another skin renting out the Phoenix platform.

DukeJohn

Quote Originally Posted by JoeVig View Post
    They used to be a good "second tier" or "niche" shop. Now they seem to be just a another skin renting out the Phoenix platform.
    Sad, but true... I logged in, planning to call and see if they were going to be a stand alone, but under the Phoenix umbrella, like the Greek and Bet Jamaica; but alas you are right. Once you log in to Skybook, the Bet Phoenix platform comes up, basically stating you are betting with Bet Phoenix. Which might be okay, as long as all your bets combined stayed below the BP limits. However, if you accidental do go over, you are putting your funds at risk.

Chopsticks
    Chopsticks's Avatar Become A Pro!

If like me you can't stand the default software you can use bettor2.skybook.com instead. I wish they would have up a link or a menu that would let you choose if you want new or old style. The old one is so much quicker.

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Well, Damn. They accept Discover cards! I never seen a sports book do that , ever!

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Quote Originally Posted by JoeVig View Post
    Is that a bad thing though? Might be having a large resource-rich platform doing all the host donkeywork is more efficient for a small book than doing it yourself.

DukeJohn

Quote Originally Posted by HeeeHAWWWW View Post
    Is that a bad thing though? Might be having a large resource-rich platform doing all the host donkeywork is more efficient for a small book than doing it yourself.
    It is a bad thing when your start betting limits and then your bets get voided later after they tell you are trying to circumvent their limits by betting at both places. Of course, if you don't bet that much, then that point is mute.

Outhouse Tim
    Outhouse Tim's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4454

Chopsticks

Thank you for the alternate log-in info. That really helped!

jackkkk2009
    jackkkk2009's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3882

I remember Skybook was A- few years ago..