TomG
    TomG's Avatar Become A Pro!

Matchbook Restricting WSEX Interbook Transfers

Matchbook rejected my interbook transfer from WSEX citing my "churn to balance ratio does not justify another transfer." That is, because I already have a sizable balance at Matchbook, they are refusing additional incoming transfers. Curiously, the email then explained other deposit options available to me including interbook transfers from Pinnacle, BetCris, BetJamaica, Olympic, and 5Dimes (WSEX was ommitted from the list).

This decision makes no sense as I play there as a market maker for a specific marketplace. Every day I seed both sides of that marketplace which requires a lot of money in reserves. Most of my balance is usually in play. Of course, most of my offers expire unaccepted which is why it may appear my "church to balance ratio" is low. I responded to their rejection email with my explanation and asked for a supervisor to review my request. That was two days ago and I have yet to receive a response.

Something is clearly wrong with this situation as their decision is not in anyone's best interest. From this you may draw your own conclusions on 1) WSEX's financial state 2) Matchbook's financial state and 3) the competence of Matchbook's management.

bigloser
    bigloser's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1335

Matchbook are no longer accepting my transfers either

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Quote Originally Posted by TomG View Post

Something is clearly wrong with this situation as their decision is not in anyone's best interest. From this you may draw your own conclusions on 1) WSEX's financial state 2) Matchbook's financial state and 3) the competence of Matchbook's management.
    broke, heavily in debt, not competent in the slightest

John Dough
    John Dough's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10136

This happened to me many months ago, right when I was about to get the last of my funds out of WSEX. I had to wait for a check instead, took about 6 weeks if I recall.

relaaxx
    relaaxx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14050

i am also waiting for a review after i was told that because i transferred to 5dimes 4 or 5 times since december right after i made the rollover from transfers from wsex i can not do any transfers from wsex.. i did not transfer even close to half the amount to 5dimes that was taken from wsex. so now i am waiting for a surversion to take another look. i have deposited 10's of thousands and have not had 1 check or wire withdrawl. only 10000 to betjam and the 5 dimes transfers. couple thousand all together.how am i using them when i have had withdrawls that total less than 20% of what i have deposited. thought i would hear from them the same day. but i guess not. must be real difficult to figure out my intentions.

trumpdown
    trumpdown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 548

I basically have my MB account on "hold" as I don't deposit or transfer with it PERIOD until I am through getting everything (minus a couple thousand in the unlikely turn for the better) out of WSEX. This will be a true test to see how MB responds as they can't use any baloney sandwich "pass-through" bs on me.

I'll keep this thread informed if/when they cut me off. After reading this I fear their only excuse to deny on my account would be my balance at MB, as originally I was told those who were denied were withdrawing/transferring soon after they transferred via WSEX.

My MB account is basically held hostage, and it would be good to know if they continue to allow my transfers via WSEX as this was my most consistent/timely EXIT strategy.

bookie
    bookie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1036

Thanks TomG and others for this important information. Please keep us posted as things develop.

trixtrix
    trixtrix's Avatar Become A Pro!

this is preposterous, exchanges like matchbook thrive solely on liquidity, which means they can only benefit positively from cash inflow. i can understand imposing a churn restriction when there is an outflow, but never for deposits. this wouldn't even make sense even if it was credit, unless the default risk from your counterparty outweigh the benefits..

jackkkk2009
    jackkkk2009's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3882

Quote Originally Posted by bigloser View Post
    Matchbook are no longer accepting my transfers either
    from WSEX only? or all other books?

relaaxx
    relaaxx's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by relaaxx View Post
    i am also waiting for a review after i was told that because i transferred to 5dimes 4 or 5 times since december right after i made the rollover from transfers from wsex i can not do any transfers from wsex.. i did not transfer even close to half the amount to 5dimes that was taken from wsex. so now i am waiting for a surversion to take another look. i have deposited 10's of thousands and have not had 1 check or wire withdrawl. only 10000 to betjam and the 5 dimes transfers. couple thousand all together.how am i using them when i have had withdrawls that total less than 20% of what i have deposited. thought i would hear from them the same day. but i guess not. must be real difficult to figure out my intentions.
    i have heard nothing back yet. tomg - how about you.

trumpdown

Today's News

"Thank your for your email. Please note we have rejected your below WSEX transfer request as we are only allowing one transfer per 30 days as your last transfer from Wsex was on April 15th the below is not approved as your are still within the 30 day period. In light of this may we suggest the following alternative deposit method to fund your account during this time......."

Well for those who can still receive them, this was an interesting tidbit. Now one total 2500 transfer via WSEX per month. So the downward trend continues. It should be most apparent now the final/next step will be to cease transfers via WSEX PERIOD.

relaaxx
    relaaxx's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by trumpdown View Post
    Today's News

"Thank your for your email. Please note we have rejected your below WSEX transfer request as we are only allowing one transfer per 30 days as your last transfer from Wsex was on April 15th the below is not approved as your are still within the 30 day period. In light of this may we suggest the following alternative deposit method to fund your account during this time......."

Well for those who can still receive them, this was an interesting tidbit. Now one total 2500 transfer via WSEX per month. So the downward trend continues. It should be most apparent now the final/next step will be to cease transfers via WSEX PERIOD.
    thanks for the new disturbing information. unfortunatly. of course you are right. next step is obvious.

bigloser
    bigloser's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1335

Quote Originally Posted by jackkkk2009 View Post
    from WSEX only? or all other books?
    Havent tried from anywhere else so dont know fro sure but suspect just wsex

trumpdown

Well apparently MB doesn't like transfers via WSEX at all anymore as I am now officially cut off too. Good luck to those that can still use this as an outlet.

All I, and the CS rep could gather from this is my balance at MB is too high. Every other (imo) unjustified rule I followed to a tee, so now if you win at MB they don't want money transferred in? Interesting policy. Or more apparent they don't want to cover WSEX if they don't need to.
    Last edited by trumpdown; 06-15-10 at 05:32 PM.

KC
    KC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

MB to 5D no problem a few hours very smooth

Doug
    Doug's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1298

This is probably good for those that use MB.