chrikar
    chrikar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 817

Urgent-check question!!!

Hi guys, i currently have an account in Bet911 and i have asked for a withdrawal through Neteller. They seem to have an issue with Neteller at the moment and they are willing to send me a check. Please note that i come from Europe-Greece.

My problem is that in the next few days i will be going to USA for a while, so my question is: If they send me the check in Greece and i put someone from my family to receive it and send it to USA where i will be staying, will i be able to cash it in a USA bank? I have a Citibank account in USA-since i am a frequent visitor for business reasons.

Please excuse me if it's a silly or whatever question but it's the first time i wanna be paid with a check and this trip makes it hard for me.

Thanks guys.

sharpcat
    sharpcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

I would think if you have an account in the U.S. you would be fine, but the bank is likely to put a 7 day hold on it since it is a foreign check.

Another option would be to get a ** payout (if offered) and just accept the fees at the convenience of simplifying the process or check into a bank transfer.

chrikar

Unfortunately no ** available. They only give me this option, a check in my address in Greece. So if i get it in my hands i can go to the bank but it will take some days-that's not a problem. can you please explain the 'check into a bank transfer' ? I have no idea of checks.

Thanks a lot

sharpcat
    sharpcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

many books offer a bank to wire transfer, just give them your account # and routing # and they can transfer the funds straight to your account.

Sometimes setting this up for the first time can be a pain but if successful is very convenient, I would contact them and see if you will be able to set this up.

chrikar

Will give it a try but i don't believe it will work out. Thanks mate.

chrikar

They don't. Only checks. Any opinions on my first questions are more than welcome. Thanks

DukeJohn
    DukeJohn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by chrikar View Post
    Hi guys, i currently have an account in Bet911 and i have asked for a withdrawal through Neteller. They seem to have an issue with Neteller at the moment and they are willing to send me a check. Please note that i come from Europe-Greece.

My problem is that in the next few days i will be going to USA for a while, so my question is: If they send me the check in Greece and i put someone from my family to receive it and send it to USA where i will be staying, will i be able to cash it in a USA bank? I have a Citibank account in USA-since i am a frequent visitor for business reasons.

Please excuse me if it's a silly or whatever question but it's the first time i wanna be paid with a check and this trip makes it hard for me.

Thanks guys.
    You will be fine depositing in your bank account in the USA, just don't say, "I got this check from sports betting." I doubt you will even be asked, but sometimes they do, just say it is from something you sold on Ebay or whatever you want.

As for the 7-day hold listed earlier, well, it could be much longer. It depends on if the people sending the international check have an agent in the USA. It will usually say on the check and your bank will just call the agent to get the funds into your account quicker, but if the check doesn't have an agent, then it could take up 30 days, just depends. Of course Citibank is pretty big and they may have different guidelines.

I suggest you call Citibank and let them know you have a customer that is paying you with a foreign check and you want to know how long it will take to clear. They would be the best people to give you advice...

Best of Luck,

John Dough
    John Dough's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10136

If you have a Citibank account, find the nearest Citibank branch and deposit it... problem solved.

chrikar

Thanks guys, you were very helpful.

chrikar

Actually from what i have understood the check will be in $ (because they tell me that i have a max of $1500). And they say it is a Fedex certified check-whatever this means. Just saying that in case it makes any difference bcs apparently you know a few things about it and i am clueless. Thanks

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

betjam sent me a check on a bank from canada and since my bank said a lot of fraud comes from these banks they put a 45 day hold on it. so the next time they sent me a check from a jamaica bank but it was a BkofAma and they only put a 7 day hold so who knows both were in u.s funds