THE HITMAN
    THE HITMAN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16230

extreme left hand column is"floating" and cannot be used. It is close to 1PM Eastern and I can only get one of today's baseball games.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

In the Opera browser the selection boxes for bets lack the '3D depth' that they have in Firefox, and can't be selected.

Plain and simple works well for me, but in terms of design this is impressive.

Peep
    Peep's Avatar Become A Pro!

I used it today, first time, no problem.

And I liked the old software better also.

EvergrenMoneyMoB
    Money Hungry
    EvergrenMoneyMoB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 399

dark star
    dark star's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5551

This site is now complete garbage...so bad that I'm bailing out

katstale
    katstale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Got a report today from a friend who said the same thing. He is gonna roll his deposit and and cash out. Said it was just way too much hassle.

lt56
    lt56's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1733

I been with Bestline Sports and then Betonline for a good 5 or 6 years, but I'm done and joined 5Dimes which I hope is good. A lot of people here say that is great site. Betonline was always great; lightning fast ** payouts and never ever a problem with anything from them. I've read others here who complained about them but for 6 years or so they were always fantastic. And now new management comes along and destroys the site. Totally brainless and ignorant. They completely ruin a great site with a website that is anything but user friendly. For players who just do straight bets it's probably okay if the line changes stop happenning every other minute, but for parlay players it's a nightmare; especially parlay players who do multiple sports or parlay players who might combine 1st half bets on one game with another games 4 quarter bets. The new site does not allow all the lines to be shown at once. So the player has to bring up each individual sport 1 at a time. Absolutely pathetic and stupid and user unfriendly. And the first bunch of parlays I tried to do kept coming up with error messages that the bet couldn't be placed due to a line change. Complete bs andof course all the line changes were for the worse. Also the left hand side floats down and can't be used on firefox or IE on my 2 year old Windows XP. Me and my friends are mostly parlay/teaser players so we had no choice but to quit cause NBA playoffs is ready to go. Very disappointed

jackkkk2009
    jackkkk2009's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3882

Quote Originally Posted by clarkd32 View Post
    another site has an article about some new owners at BetOnline who used to own/manage BetOnSports.

can we get some clarification on that?
    was he arrested in 2006 in USA?

Peeig
    Underbetting my roll
    Peeig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1213

Still can't get the lines to refresh, no matter what I do, open up another browser, various methods of refresh......its pretty frustrating

THE HITMAN

As Peeig, couldn't refresh last night. Today, The red box below username and password is scrambled with an overlay of "Login" and "Join". Any attempt at logging in takes me to a new account screen.
    Getting pretty fed up after years of liking the book.

Frogger
    Frogger's Avatar Become A Pro!

Betonline cost cutting or morons?

This has to be that they are saving money on the new software, and with the management change, cost cutting is having them use cheaper user interface.

It is either that, or some moron actually thought this was an improvement, which is hard to believe.

In the hope that there are some logical human beings at this outfit, lets hope its the cost cutting choice.

lt56

They pay the highest 3 team parlays in the industry at 6 1/2 to 1 for 3 teamers. And now this new site is clearly discouraging parlays; so maybe they plan on cutting the odds back from 6 1/2 to 1 down to the normal 6 to 1 for 3 team parlays. So I'd guess it's what others here said--cost cutting with inferior software, ignorant and stubborn new management and also maybe the reduction of parlay players. Reading another thread here; Betonline is also very disappointing as it says their new CEO is a former higher up from Betonsports. They got busted by U.S. government and ripped everyone off who had a balance. My luck sucks if these rumors are true cause I was with one of Betonsports books and got ripped off for $350. A small amount compared to players who lost thousands. Betonline was great for me for 6 years so I hope they get old site back and this CEO rumor isn't true

THE HITMAN

Well, I spent several posts kicking them around.............I have been practicing a bit, solved a couple of the problems by logging in backwards, etc.

So, on the kudos side, I'll give them a giant +++ for not seeming to "time out" anywhere near as quickly as the old site. A big plus for me as that is one of my pet peeves with sites. Really can't figure books theory behind it(except to decrease their load)......I mean, say it's 12:58, a bunch of games start at 1:00, wouldn't you want your (potential) bettor online and ready to go for a quick last minute wager with you, rather than make him sign in again ??

On the minus side, games are still listed by start time, not rotation #, so AL & NL baseball games are intertwined. Maybe there is a box to change that, but I haven't found it. Definite pain in the butt to go scrolling all over the place to try and find a team if you don't have their starting time. Especially when there is no space separation between listed games and the print is small and seems to run together.

My grade for today......... a ho hum minus, up significantly from the F from a few days ago. Still a lotta scrolling, pages, and clicking, tho. I would welcome back the old in a horny rabbit's minute. The extreme left column still "floats" so the bottome half of it is totally useless.

Next test will be to try a parlay, tease or future or two. Did a parlay test already, was easy enough, but it was within the same sport.

ucbearcats1027
    ucbearcats1027's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

what the cir

lt56

For parlaying multi sports like MLB with NBA playoffs; they don't allow both sports on the same page. So I got no choice but to quit. I need every line up so I can pick my 3 best. I can't click on a few and then go to another page and find others I like more and then back space and unclick boxes. I gotta have every line from every game all up on the same screen. Same with teasers. Also can't see both 1st quarter, 1st half and full game at same time. So for a lot of parlay players, there's no choice but to quit. And new management team has to know this but also has to either want small parlay players to quit or their just real stupid. I joined site here that's most recommended(5 dimes) and so far so good. They let you combine everything. Very user friendly site. Simple and easy as betting should be. I just hope they are as good with payouts as Betonline.

katstale

Dimes will be better with payouts. This is something they get very right. Too bad for BOL and this software mistake.

Peeig
    Underbetting my roll

Quote Originally Posted by katstale View Post
    Dimes will be better with payouts. This is something they get very right. Too bad for BOL and this software mistake.
    Yeah, no doubt....

Darwin
    Darwin's Avatar Become A Pro!

What did they do? Add a bunch of bells and whistles that slow everything down? I had a flashback to Betus when it prompted me with the ¨Loading¨ message.

Betallsports
    Betallsports's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by clarkd32 View Post
    another site has an article about some new owners at BetOnline who used to own/manage BetOnSports.

can we get some clarification on that?

If there was a Problem with you Playing at a Book that Employed Ex Employees from a Book that went Down. You would have No Play to Gamble.

There are NO Ex-owners from Betonsports, at Betonline.

Frogger

Quote Originally Posted by Betallsports View Post
    If there was a Problem with you Playing at a Book that Employed Ex Employees from a Book that went Down. You would have No Play to Gamble.

There are NO Ex-owners from Betonsports, at Betonline.
    Would you say there is a difference between a low level clerk from Cascade answering the phone, and using the CEO from what was the biggest scam job in the history of sports internet wagering history?

I would not go anywhere near BetOnline with that guy running it. There are only two options to explain his situation at BetOnSports:

(1) He is a scam artists and cares little to nothing about doing the right thing and making sure players get paid

(2) He is a moron, and couldn't figure out that he was working for people who were scum and cared little to nothing about doing the right thing and making sure players got paid.

Peep
    Peep's Avatar Become A Pro!

Agree they don't time out as fast.

This is a plus.

The Greek is wonderful for that too. They NEVER time out.

9XL
    9XL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2478

I hate the new format. I find the site works a lot slower now. Hopefully they see the feedback in this thread and consider switching back.

jackkkk2009
    jackkkk2009's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3882

just registered with Betonline.com. saw their credit card deposit limit is $2000. how is that method? their withdraw fees are kind of high. do they have Free withdraw within a calender month?

katstale

Quote Originally Posted by 9XL View Post
    I hate the new format. I find the site works a lot slower now. Hopefully they see the feedback in this thread and consider switching back.
    Not a good history with these folks abt listening to feedback. I would wager this software stays even in the face of player complaints and defections.

THE HITMAN

Quote Originally Posted by Peep View Post
    Agree they don't time out as fast.

This is a plus.

The Greek is wonderful for that too. They NEVER time out.
    Yup, peep, wonderful thing about the Greek, you can stay on forever and I love it. Carib pretty good in this aspect, too, and pretty easy getting back on.

BetOnline
    BetOnline's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7835

Quote Originally Posted by jackkkk2009 View Post
    just registered with Betonline.com. saw their credit card deposit limit is $2000. how is that method? their withdraw fees are kind of high. do they have Free withdraw within a calender month?
    There's a free withdrawal by check every 30 days for players--the request must be made on a Friday. Seems a tad silly to me so watch for that to change.

Bankwires are BACK!

Checks have been slow recently, taking two weeks at times. BUT they do come and they can be cashed and usually we have really fast payments. This is something we're continually working on but at the mercy of our trusted processors--they're usually good, then something happens and they are slow, then good again... I know how frsutating it is to wait for a check to turn up (which is why I use BANKWIRES).

Or money transfers: I've seen ** and ** payouts turned around in hours.

We are monitoring feedback on the site and working on several improvements to address players' issues. The majority of players DO like or don't mind the new interface and, most importantly, I can see them voting with their wagering. I personally am looking forward to version 2.0 with a far more flexible betting ticket.

Cheers

Alex

lt56

Alex; a week ago you had a tutorial video showing players how to use your new site. Now instead of just the 1 video; you've added 3 new links with 3 added tutorials showing players how to place bets. 4 tutorials shows how confusing the site is now and how user unfriendly your new software is and also how much trouble players are having. No one here who's with your site has said they like the new site; especially compared to your old site. When I called and talked to different customer service reps; they told me they were flooded with tons of complaints and pissed off players. So I doubt your numbers are up. Nice try but that's bs. If they were up, I doubt you would have added 3 new tutorials this week. You should at least give players the option to use the new site or the old site. Given the choice; no one would use the new site--guaranteed. Your site was great for me and my friends--same day payouts with **; best 3 team parlay odds and never ever a balance mistake or problem of any kind. But our balance is zero now so we tried another A graded site thats recommended here. O; it also didn't help reading you are connected to Betonsports who ripped us off and never paid us despite e-mails every 6 months for 4 years. All bs. Betonsports ex-employees are like a cancer, so we'd never deposit with you if that rumor is true--Thanx for a great 6 years

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

This is the worst software ever.

There is no chance anyone likes this.

katstale

This is what is great about BOL from day one. Old owners/new owners old management/new management it makes no difference, I bet they didn't ask one single player to beta test this new stuff. I had a friend ask me to look it over, because he didn't want to seem a whiner, I got a headache trying to navigate and look around.

These players that Alex is referring to that like the new software have to be relatives or people who like cold toilet seats and russian toilet paper. Any current BOL players who have been at SBR more than a year willing to step up and say you prefer this software over the old??

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by katstale View Post
    Any current BOL players who have been at SBR more than a year willing to step up and say you prefer this software over the old??

From a design point of view I like the new software. But I'm not really a BOL 'player'. I'm satisfied with my quick experience there this month, but am cautious about the new CEO, so will sit back and wait that out.

It's obviously designed for those to whom looks are important. And I believe that, among squarer players, there could be many of those. Strictly from a design angle I always thought that Bodog had a plus. This goes back to the day when the tattoo/motorcycle look was still fresh, and they were able to catch some of that spirit in their website. This new BOL design has its own character, and I like the attempt at originality. Nothing wrong with a fresh approach, even though it may take some getting used to. But, obviously, it shouldn't be at the cost of efficiency.

HedgeHog
    HedgeHog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17033

Let's not be too hasty guys. Maybe the new software can grade future bets correctly.
    Last edited by HedgeHog; 04-22-10 at 04:20 PM.

dark star
    dark star's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5551

Quote Originally Posted by durito View Post
    This is the worst software ever.

There is no chance anyone likes this.
    Amen to that

HedgeHog
    HedgeHog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17033

[quote=Dark Horse;4212625]From a design point of view I like the new software.

Is it difficult to type and suck BOL dick at the same time?

Frogger

Dark Horse and BetOnline dead wrong on this one. This software is really bad and I agree with the posters saying that no one ever beta tested this and just like a lot of offices in every industry, the office people lose touch with the customers. Just because people are squares and dumb on sports betting, does not mean they are dumb on life. Lot of doctors and lawyers are squares, and these people will figure out in 2 seconds how bad this software is, square or sharp.

This looks just like the future bet they messed up on, that they copied from the Greek but wanted to make up their own special rule on. They need to learn to say when they are wrong and correct mistakes. Every company makes mistakes, no shame in it. Instead they seem to have this stubborn nature that seems to run through their company that they can never be wrong, even when it's plain as day to everyone else that they are.

Peeig
    Underbetting my roll

The software is working much better for me now

First 123 Last