Sportslover
    Sportslover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 320

Relocating to another country - need advice on Moneybookers

I'm relocating to the United Kingdom in 11 days.

I have a Moneybookers account in Australia that has Australian Dollars as the currency.

What are my options here?

Can I change currency?

Can I close my Australian account and re-open a new Moneybookers account in British Pounds with a new email address once I get over there? Or is that not allowed for some reason?

Does anyone have any advice or suggestions on what I should do here. I strongly wish to continue using Moneybookers in the UK but would prefer a British Pounds account, what can I do?

Thanks in advance for any info/advice.

ziigmund
    ziigmund's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Sportslover View Post
    I'm relocating to the United Kingdom in 11 days.

I have a Moneybookers account in Australia that has Australian Dollars as the currency.

What are my options here?

Can I change currency?

Can I close my Australian account and re-open a new Moneybookers account in British Pounds with a new email address once I get over there? Or is that not allowed for some reason?

Does anyone have any advice or suggestions on what I should do here. I strongly wish to continue using Moneybookers in the UK but would prefer a British Pounds account, what can I do?

Thanks in advance for any info/advice.
    The best answer can be get from Moneybookers -> So call them

Dunder
    Dunder's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yes, you will need to close your AUD account first.
    You cannot change the currency of a Moneybookers account that has been active.

Mikelo
    Mikelo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 223

You can close your AUS$ account and open a new one in Pounds. You just need a different e-mail address.

Sportslover
    Sportslover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 320

Quote Originally Posted by Dunder View Post
    Yes, you will need to close your AUD account first. You cannot change the currency of a Moneybookers account that has been active.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikelo View Post
    You can close your AUS$ account and open a new one in Pounds. You just need a different e-mail address.
    Thanks for the advice.

Have emailed Moneybookers with the same question just to be safe but thanks to both of you for putting my mind at rest. I really want to keep using Moneybookers so I'm glad there is a way that it can be done.

Smurf71
    Smurf71's Avatar Become A Pro!

If your physical and IP address are in US, MB is totally useless to you. You can not receive or send money even to your mother that has MB account in Europe. That is kind of nice of them don't you think! They love us! I asked them the question: If I moved back home to Finland and played in Pinnacle for example could I use MB and my US Wachovia or BkofAma bank account? Answer was "Yes you can". That is if your physical address in in Finland or Somalia or Sudan and your IP address indicates so, you can withdraw money to your US bank account and deposit from there to your MB account. You have to understand that MB has nothing against US people, it is bureaucracy and pressure from US officials that forced them to move away from us. But that pressure only works if you are physically located here. Prove them that you are located elsewhere and you are breathing free and fresh air again. Cheers to the land of the free!!!

mminkovski
    mminkovski's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17549

They allow this and you need a new account with another email. You need to contact them before that