peterneb
    peterneb's Avatar Become A Pro!

Skybet suspended my account with 3000 EUR! Horror story!

I opened an account at Skybet, deposited 3000 EUR from my card. One day later my account has been suspended. I contacted to them, the habitual answer : they want my ID scan, card scan, statement. I sent all. One day later they replied : they want a new statement, which is not older than 3 monts. OK, I sent it. No answer, I write them again, 2 days later their answer arrived :

"Thank you for your email.

Your documents are now going through verification with our accounts department and provided everything matches up correctly your account will be opened shortly"

Next email, their reply :

"Thank you for your email.

I have chased this matter up for you and will hopefully have a response soon as to whether or not the account can be re-opened""

1 day later, email, reply :

"Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

Your details have been forwarded through to the relevant department to be further looked into. Be assured that you will be contacted with regards to feedback."

Finally I thougt they will open my account after 1 week, but no. They sent me this :

"Please be advised that to re-activate your account, we still require the full front and back copies of your card ***5829. We request that you do not blank out the card number on the card at all, as this forms part of the verification checks we are required to do."

Can you believe it? Have you ever seen a bookie who wanted the whole card scan? Of course I will not send it, I will not take the risk. Any staff member can steal my money! I replied them with this, however they wrote me :

"Be advised however that we do take the security of our accounts very seriously and your account will regrettably remain temporarily suspended, pending the receipt of the requested information as this is a part of our security protocol."

My ID scan, my card scan, two statements, but it's not enough for them. Now what should I do? 3000 EUR on my account, and it's suspended more than 1 week ago..

chachi
    Lazy Git
    chachi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

front and back is a not-so unusual request from European books ...

mockingboy
    mockingboy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cancel your card with the Debit Card company then send them what they want as far as documentation...You will get a new card with new number from the bank and have used your old card to deposit

Tevez
    Tevez's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why Skybet ?

4k in the first deposit ?

GL getting the money though

peterneb

"front and back is a not-so unusual request from European books ..."

Without blocking?

peterneb

"Why Skybet ?"

Bad decision I know..

vanman
    vanman's Avatar Become A Pro!

just send them the copies of your card,you won`t have any problems with them i have been using them since they started up.

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

You can send the fron and back copies, when you account is reopened call your CC company and request a new card and number, they will do it!

peterneb

My account is still closed... For 2 weeks. Skybet has B+ rate, can SBR help me?

vanman

Just phone them,they will not rip you off this must just be a case of getting your wires crossed,i have been using them for about 5 years

peterneb

For what? What will happen if I phone them? Nothing!!

vanman

How do you know nothing will happen?thats a bit of a defeatist attitude.

Santo
    Santo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

It's quite simple. They will not (it may even be legally justifiable with the new UK legislation) now give you the money until you comply. You either send the details they want, or donate 3000 Euro. Your choice.

vanman

GL to spurs for today santo.Lets hope they can turn man u over

Santo

Yes, I'm about to head out to a sports bar in Copenhagen to watch it. I'm not supremely confident, I think we'll either get a result or get slaughtered, largely depending on how Man Utd react to their poor start to the season.

Jamie_UK
    Jamie_UK's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Tevez View Post
    Why Skybet ?

4k in the first deposit ?

GL getting the money though
    Probably thought the book is "arbtastic" which it can be, fact is Skybet will limit you to 1% after taking 1 or 2 out of line prices, also new UK legislation means books have to ask for scans, SKY are one of the biggest companies (same group as Fox news) if the OP was honest there in no reason to suggest they will fleece him.

peterneb

My account is still closed! I sent the whole bank card scan! Then they said you need to signature our Transaction Authorisation form. I sent this letter 3 times, but they don't reply. They always lie that they did not receivet yet. I requested them to send back my 3000 EUR.... look this mail what they sent to me.

"Dear Madam

With regards to the ongoing query you have with us.

We should be prepared to accept an affidavit from a notary public that the signature on the bank card matches the signature from the passport and a signature signed in front of the notary public. (notarius).

Matt Keir

Customer Care Team"

Can you believe it? Should I contact with Uk Gambling Commision? Who can help me to get back my money?

dwaechte
    dwaechte's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 235

Just have a little more patience. While it certainly doesn't seem like a fun experience, I wouldn't be all that worried yet. They probably see your original unwillingness to supply the scans they wanted as somewhat suspicious and are now going through all of the motions possible to ensure legitimacy.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Skybet is a very very bad book

peterneb

"They probably see your original unwillingness to supply the scans they wanted "

What are you talking about??? I immediatly sent all scans, except my full bank card scan, with my numbers, but after I garnished my card, I sent the scan, then they came with the Transaction Authorisation form, now they want my oath. Don't you see that they find always a new reason to keep my money??

Santo

Not at all. They're a registered UK book and part of the huge BSkyB conglomerate. I've given that information and more to UK books in the past.

dwaechte

Quote Originally Posted by peterneb View Post
    "They probably see your original unwillingness to supply the scans they wanted "

What are you talking about??? I immediatly sent all scans, except my full bank card scan, with my numbers, but after I garnished my card, I sent the scan, then they came with the Transaction Authorisation form, now they want my oath. Don't you see that they find always a new reason to keep my money??
    Sorry, I guess I should have said "reluctance". Anyways, my advice remains the same. Keep the pressure on them and keep bugging them, but I wouldn't be overly worried at this stage. Though that's easy for me to say I guess since it's not my money.

dwaechte

Ah shit nm. I just noticed this thread is from August. That is pretty ridiculous, and I retract all my previous statements. I really hope someone can step in here and help get this resolved, as this is completely unacceptable by the book if you're telling the whole story.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

The first book i ever gambled on i was 18 and i deposited $100. I got it up to $350 and attempted a W/D. They asked me to send copies of my ID and CC. A week later, i called and they said it was not clear so i sent them color copies. Another week later they said it still was not clear, so i realized they were B/S me. I went to kinkos and got the best copy you can get, They still said it was not legible, even though it was perfect. Sorry my man but sounds very familiar with my story, i never seen that money. They frustrate you so much until you quit.

Santo

Skybet are a wholly legitimate company. Ultimately owned by Rupert Murdoch.

vanman

I imagine there`s more to this than we are being told.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you have sent them exactly what they want and still refuse to pay you. Then fill out this complaint form and one of us will inquire to Skybet on your behalf.

20Four7
    Timmy T = Failure
    20Four7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4120

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Skybet is a very very bad book
    OMG JJ you've heard of them? It seems lately you don't know any of these books.

bigboydan

24/7, The coach knows books when it's really applicable.

I guess a good example I would use in regards to a fair comparison of Skybet would be Bet365, and heres why. They both are very nit picky when it comes to sending in the proper documentation, and both will cut your limits to pennies if your marked as an advance player.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Quote Originally Posted by peterneb View Post

Peterneb,

Got your latest email on this... Have you been able to get a notorized statement? Hopefully this is the last hoop you have to jump through.

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    24/7, The coach knows books when it's really applicable.

I guess a good example I would use in regards to a fair comparison of Skybet would be Bet365, and heres why. They both are very nit picky when it comes to sending in the proper documentation, and both will cut your limits to pennies if your marked as an advance player.

Do all UK books do this?
    It seems to me they all do this!

bigloser
    bigloser's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1335

A lot do
    Paddy Power is bad too
    and Coral

Lots of others will cut on line limits but will take big bets if you phone in. eg Stan James, Will Hill, Boyles.

peterneb

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dozer View Post
    Peterneb,

Got your latest email on this... Have you been able to get a notorized statement? Hopefully this is the last hoop you have to jump through.
    We will process the request, but I doubt that we have any chance to get back our money. As soon we have any update, we will contact with you.

bigboydan

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    Do all UK books do this?
    It seems to me they all do this!
    Most definitely pretty much all of them do sir.

As Bigloser stated above already PaddyPower and Coral are bad about it. However, the ones that stick out to me the most are 10Bet and BWIN. Now those two books are just brutal when it comes to these types of things.

20Four7
    Timmy T = Failure
    20Four7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4120

Bowmans (as of 9 am today) decided my max limit for hockey, hoops football is $10US and my boxing limit is $5. I requested a withdrawal for my balance as I'm sure I"m not going to be betting there anymore. Funny at 4 am my limits were still $500 (they cut them to that in December) and I had to wait for the Austrian hockey bets to clear before making the withdrawal.

12 Last