Alex24
    Alex24's Avatar Become A Pro!

Your opinion about bookmaker's mistakes

Hi!
    Some days ago I made a bet of 100 eiros on odd 2.95. But after placing it, I recieved the following letter

Your bet has been refunded due to an obvious misprint. Rule 3.3: We reserve the right to refuse to accept any bet. An already accepted bet can be cancelled if it does not comply with our betting rules or if there is an obvious misprint from our point. In such circumstances a bet can even be cancelled after the result has been confirmed.

We apologize for our mistake.

Team TrioBet

I ckecked this event at hte differnt bookmakers and there were almoust the same odds for it,something about 2.80-2.90, that means it wasn't mistake at all.
    But what I liked the most was this part - a bet can even be cancelled after the result has been confirmed. It means, if your team won, your bet can be cancelled due the ule 3.3. I think it's cheating from bookmakers and how can I trust them after it???? I reacted imedietly and made withdrawal!!

Did you have anything the same?? And how can they write the rules, that help them cheat?? Is it fair enough??
    Last edited by Alex24; 03-10-10 at 03:23 AM.

AimingHigh
    AimingHigh's Avatar Become A Pro!

The rule itself - voiding bets for palpable errors, even after the event is settled - exists at various bookies, though some will settle at the market price instead.

But from the circumstances you describe, the bet wasn't a palpable error. For that reason, it might be worth a complaint with SBR (see my sig). Include evidence of the odds offered at other books at the time you placed your bet with Triobet. I don't know anything about Triobet in particular, though, sorry.
    Last edited by AimingHigh; 03-09-10 at 10:20 AM.

nitzantal
    nitzantal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Alex24, this is a totally unregulated industry, they can do whatever they like and they actually do that – whatever they want. They make the rules they break the rules, they interpret the rules whichever way they want and you know what? – There is absolutely nothing you and I can do about it.

I cannot wait for the day that this industry is regulated.

Toit
    Trust me.
    Toit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6775

Isn't triobet something like nordicbet?
    Nordic limits quickly, but they don't pull tricks like this.

What match / game was it?

betbetter
    betbetter's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by nitzantal View Post
    Alex24, this is a totally unregulated industry, they can do whatever they like and they actually do that – whatever they want. They make the rules they break the rules, they interpret the rules whichever way they want and you know what? – There is absolutely nothing you and I can do about it.

So you're saying when the gov't runs it you'll have a say?

curinator
    curinator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 570

Quote Originally Posted by betbetter View Post
    So you're saying when the gov't runs it you'll have a say?
    Wow, you sure over-analyze simple statements.

Are other financial markets around the world government controlled? No.
    Are they regulated better with less risk to your funds? Yes.

betbetter
    betbetter's Avatar Become A Pro!

" I cannot wait for the day that this industry is regulated. "
    ...is far from a simple statement when discussing this industry.
    Anything resembling regulation if it ever comes to North America will be in the form of a Gov't body. That is a lock. And it will never include -110 single game betting, ever.
    The vast majority of players who play offshore do so without being ripped off, just as many people get scammed in the real, regulated world.

Don't want a pissing match with you. You just can't say this will be treated as a regular commodities industry. It won't.

Alex24
    Alex24's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Toit View Post
    Isn't triobet something like nordicbet?
    Nordic limits quickly, but they don't pull tricks like this.

What match / game was it?
    I think it is. But Triobet is only available for people from Baltic coutries!!

It was Greece football, match Ionikos Nikea - Doxa Dramas

robocop007
    robocop007's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by nitzantal View Post