pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

interesting. thanks for sharing.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21665

Sounds like Caesars rules were crystal clear that it's a win. Why the heck would they let it get to the point of the state board deciding? Read the rules. Follow the rules. Duh.

mama whoiscrying
    mama whoiscrying's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Sounds like Caesars rules were crystal clear that it's a win. Why the heck would they let it get to the point of the state board deciding? Read the rules. Follow the rules. Duh.
    I agree. Left me scratching my head wondering if there is more to this story.

pologq

was caesars just trying to screw the guy? seems that way

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Caesars is one of the worst out there

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by pologq View Post
    was caesars just trying to screw the guy? seems that way
    They probably didn't know/understand their rules. Even if they were trying to screw him. why let the state review it and bitchslap you. Stupid.

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

Never hear anything good about this book.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Actually that's not true.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by DiggityDaggityDo View Post
    Never hear anything good about this book.
    They have actually been one of the more tolerant books toward sharps, although they might be trending toward being more squirrely.
    Points Awarded:

KVB gave d2bets 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

mama whoiscrying
    mama whoiscrying's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

I have not had any issues at all with them in their Iowa sports books.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Only issue I have is live betting above a certain (or uncertain) amount goes to manual review with an uneven time limit. They've tended to be fairly reasonable and fair about it (unlike PointsBet), but it can get hairy.

jjgold

I was banned at Caesars in 2014. They never let me back in from Las Vegas.

pologq

I was banned at Caesars in 2014. They never let me back in from Las Vegas.
    clogged the toilets?
    Points Awarded:

KVB gave pologq 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

clogged the toilets?
    He was hustling from the toilets.

BuckyOne
    BuckyOne's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19273

Only issue I have is live betting above a certain (or uncertain) amount goes to manual review with an uneven time limit. They've tended to be fairly reasonable and fair about it (unlike PointsBet), but it can get hairy.
    If it takes more than 5 seconds I am not sure you would still want it? There should be a feature of when they come dawdling back to say it is ok that you could accept or decline their offer! 2 minutes is a lifetime in live play.

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

$500 fine? Wow, that really hurts them

jjgold

clogged the toilets?
    betting baseball dogs $1000 ended up losing approx $200 in two months was never allowed to play again any property usa

newton0038
    Update your status
    newton0038's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1935

$500 fine???? wtf. jj has that in a sock. They need to pull their license for a month, pay the fuk up! The powers that caused the shit storm with regulators fired!

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by BuckyOne View Post
    If it takes more than 5 seconds I am not sure you would still want it? There should be a feature of when they come dawdling back to say it is ok that you could accept or decline their offer! 2 minutes is a lifetime in live play.
    Yeah that's why for hoops I will almost never do it there unless it's a timeout or halftime.

habitualwinning
    habitualwinning's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6311

Why tf would the book even think they could try to pull this bs? He bet the total for a hockey match. I've never seen a book where totals don't include ot and shootout. They just tried fuckking the guy hoping he would fold and was a know nothing. You can bet totals in nhl for regular time only but it clearly states on it regulation only and the odds total is different. They were clearly trying to take a shot at this guy. If I was him and they didn't payout a 30k bet i clearly won there would be consequences. These books are scumbags.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

We have a tremendous relationship with Caesars and I disagree with you.

When it comes low level regular bettor style app betting in many states there can be issues, and there can be LIVE issues. But you can wire large amounts directly to many Caesars' properties and they will do what they can to earn your action.

It's like some of these houses have two faces, one to the growing retail market that doesn't really make book and the other a much more familiar transactional business.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Yeah, seems pretty clear cut here.

Maybe there was a miscommunication of maybe they consciously tried to test the boundaries.

I wonder if they've changed their rule since the case.

I'm not at all surprised this happened in a league like KHL. The books are probably auditing those non major sport markets, especially LIVE trading, and realizing they are getting hit a disproportinate amount of times among accounts.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

international/ahl hockey pretty much NEVER include OT... my guess is they had some wording from nhl accidentally stuck near the line or on a header

this guy took a shot on an over 4.5, heck maybe it was live and the match was already 2-2... otherwise why the heck would someone pound 15k on a khl total

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Quote Originally Posted by habitualwinning View Post
    Why tf would the book even think they could try to pull this bs? He bet the total for a hockey match. I've never seen a book where totals don't include ot and shootout. They just tried fuckking the guy hoping he would fold and was a know nothing. You can bet totals in nhl for regular time only but it clearly states on it regulation only and the odds total is different. They were clearly trying to take a shot at this guy. If I was him and they didn't payout a 30k bet i clearly won there would be consequences. These books are scumbags.
    Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    international/ahl hockey pretty much NEVER include OT... my guess is they had some wording from nhl accidentally stuck near the line or on a header

this guy took a shot on an over 4.5, heck maybe it was live and the match was already 2-2... otherwise why the heck would someone pound 15k on a khl total
    Agree with Mike.

captrobey
    captrobey's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10728

I thought it always said regulation if it was just that and otherwise OT counts towards the bet. I never had an issue with hockey . I guess because it is International they were trying to use that as an excuse. Pretty shady .

bleedblue
    bleedblue's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4551

Exactly. I’m sure the bet was late 3rd period and was priced as if OT wasn’t included

ETA: Looks like 4th goal was scored with 7 min left.
    https://en.khl.ru/game/1097/877643/protocol/
    Last edited by bleedblue; 12-19-22 at 09:40 AM.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47515

I learned that the hard way several years ago...

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4514

If they got boxed in because they made a mistake on the rules, couldn't they also use that bogus bail out line/idea "if the line is clearly a mistake". I never understood that. You set the line, you get the vig, you make guys like this waste time and money trying to actually get paid ... nonsense stuff. Pay the man, you set the line and took the action, and you have an agreed-to edge called the vigorish that we also play into.

The only reasoning I could agree with (for not paying) would be a range of what's normal, like, "The bet in question has to be 50x or 100x beyond what is normal in that type of bet, otherwise the "mistake" is eaten by the book." Otherwise they can use the "it was clearly an errant line" BS line every time.

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by StackinGreen View Post
    If they got boxed in because they made a mistake on the rules, couldn't they also use that bogus bail out line/idea "if the line is clearly a mistake". I never understood that. You set the line, you get the vig, you make guys like this waste time and money trying to actually get paid ... nonsense stuff. Pay the man, you set the line and took the action, and you have an agreed-to edge called the vigorish that we also play into.

The only reasoning I could agree with (for not paying) would be a range of what's normal, like, "The bet in question has to be 50x or 100x beyond what is normal in that type of bet, otherwise the "mistake" is eaten by the book." Otherwise they can use the "it was clearly an errant line" BS line every time.
    the rules were fine, but as i said, something was goofed up next to the line... and yes i would say 100% this was a bad line (because OT wasn't supposed to count), otherwise there is a very low chance anyone would be betting this kind of money on it, and there is NO chance that caesars would try to stiff

if this was nevada they probably arrest the guy for trying to cheat, in new jersey they hand him 27k on what was probably a free roll... my guess is that he kept max betting the over live when it was 2-2

jjgold

Take shots at books if you can get away with it

Why not??

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop

Take shots at books if you can get away with it

Why not??
    Seriously, it's like Milwaukee thinks books are clean and legit

They abuse us all the time

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by StackinGreen View Post
    Seriously, it's like Milwaukee thinks books are clean and legit

They abuse us all the time
    never said books were clean and legit

but this case looks like a total shot being taken... players can be criminal too!

what if live right now you see timberwolves +14 instead of -14 (they're up 16 in 4q)? and you bet 1000 on it 25 times before the end of the game? i call that being a thief

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop

I see, but many things make little sense, they are arbitrary many times too. For example, why offer MLB "action" if its not actually "action" at my locked price? They change pitchers and all of a sudden I get their price. Thats fair lol

Cicadasinthe
    Cicadasinthe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

never said books were clean and legit

but this case looks like a total shot being taken... players can be criminal too!

what if live right now you see timberwolves +14 instead of -14 (they're up 16 in 4q)? and you bet 1000 on it 25 times before the end of the game? i call that being a thief
    Ya lick the boot, not eat it.

12 Last