darthvader777
    darthvader777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1401

Recalling the days before Bitcoin...

While moving crypto around is hardly ideal (subject to volatile pricing, e.g.), it is SOOOOO much better than how we had it just a few years ago. Who remembers sending money to some guy in Guatemala named Juan Carlos Ramirez Martinez?
    Points Awarded:

pokerdevil gave darthvader777 51 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill
    Waterstpub87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7236

Long before, there was neteller, which was amazing.

Im surprised I never got banned from the other methods. For a couple years there, I was getting 500$+ transfers almost weekly from Absolute Poker.

The 4 names always threw me off, as the forms only had space for 3.

garyking
    garyking's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6904

I remember 5 years ago having to deposit cash into a BTC ATM and paying 10% for the privilege to deposit. Now I just send a transfer from my bank account almost for free. Boy have times changed.

MT Casings
    MT Casings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

I used CC's. Often declined.. That really sucked. Fraud protection would always kick in after a deposit made
    to any international book. Yuck. Glad for Bitcoin

BWG
    Update your status
    BWG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 439

Quote Originally Posted by darthvader777 View Post
    While moving crypto around is hardly ideal (subject to volatile pricing, e.g.), it is SOOOOO much better than how we had it just a few years ago. Who remembers sending money to some guy in Guatemala named Juan Carlos Ramirez Martinez?
    Bitcoin is heaven sent. Being able to move large amounts of money this quickly without having to go to a damn bank teller to deposit is insane. I remember getting those checks and hoping they don't bounce lol. And yeah those damn ** names and shit to deposit. Mannnn that seems like ages ago. I know everybody doesn't like it, and still getting used to it. But Bitcoin and digital currency in general has changed the game forever!

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33313

Neteller was awesome. There hasn't been a better option since for offshore. BTC is way easier to deposit with than **, but I miss getting checks in the mail that I could deposit at my bank.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90060

Money orders

5918mike
    5918mike's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2912

It's the best, no more CC hassles or running to Walmart every week to fill out a *********** claim for $800 and get the crooked eye and stupid questions.

Spedizzo
    Spedizzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

I remember the awkward days of having to go to CVS to send a ** in person and having the cashier read back to me the shady name located in Nicaragua or Guatemala that I was sending money to

They probably thought I was falling for a Nigerian prince scam or something

One of them knew right away when I entered the store that I was sending a **. They hated it because the system was so slow and took them forever

Really made you feel like a degen

But with that said, the thought that I used to have thousands of dollars in Bitcoin when it was $200 back in 2015...
    Last edited by Spedizzo; 11-30-22 at 04:30 PM.

KyloRenDarkSide3
    KyloRenDarkSide3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 611

Quote Originally Posted by Spedizzo View Post
    I remember the awkward days of having to go to CVS to send a ** in person and having the cashier read back to me the shady name located in Nicaragua or Guatemala that I was sending money to

They probably thought I was falling for a Nigerian prince scam or something

One of them knew right away when I entered the store that I was sending a **. They hated it because the system was so slow and took them forever

Really made you feel like a degen

But with that said, the thought that I used to have thousands of dollars in Bitcoin when it was $200 back in 2015...
    I absolutely hated going to my local place to send transfers... They would question me every single time as if I was some drug lord or getting caught in a scam.. ARE YOU SURE YOU KNOW THIS PERSON??? Etc etc.... I'm like YES I'm not 90 just do you job thanks lol

They actually ended up blacklisting me until I send them documents proving I knew each person and how... so I just switched to another money place.... Was a different time for sure.