stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32303

Shout out to DK

I was interested in one of their promotions but the terms were vague, I wanted to know when the promotion expired, so I reached out to them as to when was the expiration date.

DK responded with the full terms, and this is how they closed the e-mail.

I can't see any sport restriction in the terms.

As a small token of our appreciation and as a gift for your loyalty, I credited you with a $10 free bet. Please enjoy. Free bet expiration date: 12-15-2022 at 05:01:14 PM

If you have more questions or doubts, please reach out again.

Warm regards,
    Alan R.
    DraftKings Player Advocate

Very nice of them for that.

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

Steve its 10 dollars. You know why they do this right? Its like giving a drug addict just a little heroin. Heres a little taste and then a few days later hes getting hit with narcan. Let me know when they give you 200 dollars or more then they can get the pat on the back

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    Steve its 10 dollars. You know why they do this right? Its like giving a drug addict just a little heroin. Heres a little taste and then a few days later hes getting hit with narcan. Let me know when they give you 200 dollars or more then they can get the pat on the back
    Yes Duke, we both know how the game is played, ten bucks to me and you is like a penny, it's not the amount for me, it's the gesture.

Crusherrr
    Please don't feed the trolls
    Crusherrr's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13851

Yeah, shout out to DK. Tried to scam me out of $5,000 on Day 1 of going live in CT. Had to get DCP involved to get the money.

Congrats on the $10, though.

goduke

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Yes Duke, we both know how the game is played, ten bucks to me and you is like a penny, it's not the amount for me, it's the gesture.
    I would say the gesture is insulting to be honest. If i were on the street and i threw you a penny and said enjoy, what would you do? Probably look at me and go wtf you are a prick

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    I would say the gesture is insulting to be honest. If i were on the street and i threw you a penny and said enjoy, what would you do? Probably look at me and go wtf you are a prick
    I choose to look at it this way, I was not looking for a handout when I e-mailed DK for a handout, all I wanted was clarification of terms on a promotion.

I received a lightening fast reply, and in closing DK thanked me for my loyalty and gave me a small free play.
    The amount of the free play is not relevant, the gesture is.

goduke

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    I choose to look at it this way, I was not looking for a handout when I e-mailed DK for a handout, all I wanted was clarification of terms on a promotion.

I received a lightening fast reply, and in closing DK thanked me for my loyalty and gave me a small free play.
    The amount of the free play is not relevant, the gesture is.
    Yeah we will agree to disagree on this one. I think they saw you reach out, looked at your betting history, maybe you had taken a few days off, profiled you and said ok lets get him back on the site to play. Heres 10 dollars. To me it looks like they profiled you and said 10 dollars should get him back.
    I just dont like the US books moves like that. In my opinion save up your 10 and 25 dollar coupons and give me something tangible. I'd rather have one real loyalty present. Its like when a company gives you some stupid happy hour and burns up a ton of money on it. Just give me the cash, plain and simple.