yellowstorm21
    yellowstorm21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 484

violated orbit account

Hi
    On the 24th of September 2022, at 14:29 CET while I was logged out from my Orbit account (which I keep via BetInAsia), someone put a 2900 euros bet on a cricket game from my account, on a bet type stated as “YES”. I have no idea about cricket, I do not know the rules of the game and I am not interested in that sport. Of course, the bet was Lost after 30 minutes…
    When I realized what happened , I immediately contacted with BetInAsia, I provided them with all the necessary information about the way I play, the bets I play, the IPs I use to log in to my account.
    · My maximum bet the last 18 months that I play at Orbit has been 400 euros. I have never put a 2900 euros bet in my life nowhere.
    · I play only “back” and “lay” bets, I have no idea about “YES” type bets.
    · I use only two IP addresses to log in to Orbit, my home address and my fathers’ in law home IP address. I have never used a VPN service to log in.
    · This type of bet is totally against my profile as a bettor , so I believe that somebody hacked my account or someone insider from Orbit or BetInAsia put that bet to create a market and made profit by stealing my money.

BetInAsia sent me this answer on the 28th of September:

Thank you for your email.
    Unfortunately, we were not able to detect a security attack on your Orbit account. No warning has been registered in the system, and these types of warnings are usually triggered immediately when one’s account is accessed from a phishing site.
    We have reported your bet to our related department for further investigation. But, with no warning in the system, it will be very difficult to confirm if the bet was truly placed via fraudulent activity or not.
    We have updated your Orbit password to secure the account. You are welcome to adjust the password to a personal one.
    Once there is an update, you will be informed right ahead. There is no specific time frame regarding this type of situation, so in the meantime, we greatly count on your patience.
    Be rest assured that we will be keeping in touch with you regarding further updates. Once again, thank you for your cooperation.

Kind regards,
    Benji

As you can understand they do not believe me, although I asked for evidence, to have information about the IP which was used to log in to my account and make that bet. I asked them to track all the bets which were played on that game from 14:29 until 15:07 when the bet was settled. I am sure that all the people, Orbit , Betfair player, arbers, who had put bets on that market in these 30 minutes made profit, and I am victim of a huge fraud.
    The game which this money was bet on is the following
    England Women v India Women
    Total Runs 133 1st Innings 30 Overs Line
    Womens One Day Internationals | Bet ID: 86290282
    I am in a shock. I feel that I did not do anything wrong and I do not know how to defend my rights. Have you guys ever heard of something similar happening to players at Orbit via betting agencies? I do not believe that someone hacked my account, this fraud was done from people who have access to my account, people who create the passwords, who execute the withdrawals , the deposits. I have been online betting since 2004, never had such an awful experience.
    Could you please guide me what could be my next step?
    Thank you very much, and sorry for my long post.

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

so was their goal to win and then withdraw to themselves?

i would escalate as high as you can go

infotimbo
    infotimbo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9878

Hope a solution can be found for you to get your money back, but it sounds like it will be difficult indeed.

Did you set your own password on Orbit, or was it still the one they created the account with? Because as far as I can remember from the agent I use (not BiA), those used for Orbit looked like they were the same for everyone, and also the username easy to guess for everyone who'd knew your real name. Is this the case at BiA as well?

infotimbo

Quote Originally Posted by pologq View Post
    I have no clue about cricket either, but I'd guess it was used to transfer the money to another account, using a bet which was never going to win anyway. Or was "133 1st Innings 30 Overs" (whatever it means) a fair pre-game line for that match?

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11860

That sucks. I think it would be important to know if that was fair odds or not.

What were the odds matched?

yellowstorm21

that is why I would need the help of someone who knows about cricket. I bet only on soccer, esports and tennis

yellowstorm21

someone who follows cricket events and markets could tell me perhaps. I would appreciate it!

yellowstorm21

I know it is difficult. I immediately contacted with BIA, they said they forwarded the message to their relevant department...I gave them an exact picture of me as a player. They can see all my bets (back and lay), usually small amounts, only on soccer, tennis and e sports...Betting 2900 euros on cricket is madness, that is why I asked them to investigate the IP which was used to log in to my account..

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

I think your best option is to go to Betfair directly and make the accusation to them.

They can quickly see if the bet was logged from a different IP, who matched it, and if that account/s look suspicious.

Don't try to explain all this stuff about I dont bet cricket. You only need to say I did not place this bet and think your agent did it to steal from me.

And before someone chimes in to say they won't help you, I know that they will. There are other threads here about BF Agents who did get help from BF.

Give them the account ID/s you can see in your betting history and they can find you.

https://support.betfair.com/app/cont...TM4OC42MC4wLjA.
    Last edited by Optional; 09-28-22 at 04:44 PM.

yellowstorm21

Quote Originally Posted by pologq View Post

i would escalate as high as you can go
    yes my friend, I am pretty sure that the fraud comes from their side. My IP wasn't hacked, neither someone hacked my account, they did it themselves. I would like to hear ideas and thoughts about how I can react to this crime!

yellowstorm21

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    I think your best option is to go to Betfair directly and make the accusation to them.

They can quickly see if the bet was logged from a different IP, who matched it, and if that account/s look suspicious.

Don't try to explain all this stuff about I dont bet cricket. You only need to say I did not place this bet and think your agent did it to steal from me.

And before someone chimes in to say they won't help you, I know that they will. There are other threads here about BF Agents who did get help from BF.

Give them the account ID/s you can see in your betting history and they can find you.
    thank you for your reply my friend. You mean that I can contact with Betfair, although my account is at Orbit , which was created via BetInAsia? At Orbit I am only a username, would Betfair still be willing to deal with my problem?

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by yellowstorm21 View Post
    thank you for your reply my friend. You mean that I can contact with Betfair, although my account is at Orbit , which was created via BetInAsia? At Orbit I am only a username, would Betfair still be willing to deal with my problem?
    you will find an internal account ID in your betting history they can use. Or the agent will find you from the exact bet time.

No need to mention BIA... Orbit is Betfairs partner in this. Just explain a mystery bet appeared and you want BF to check if Orbit isn't the one messing with you. keep it simple.

https://support.betfair.com/app/cont...TM4OC42MC4wLjA

Wait for the robot chat to load and answer the screening questions.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: turk0011

Optional

Here are betfairs full instructions for all countries in case you need more info about how to proceed

https://www.betfair.com/aboutUs/Dispute.Resolution/

yellowstorm21

you will find an internal account ID in your betting history they can use. Or the agent will find you from the exact bet time.

No need to mention BIA... Orbit is Betfairs partner in this. Just explain a mystery bet appeared and you want BF to check if Orbit isn't the one messing with you. keep it simple.

https://support.betfair.com/app/cont...TM4OC42MC4wLjA

Wait for the robot chat to load and answer the screening questions.
    thanks again! I contacted with Betfair and they told me that they do not have any connection to Orbit, Betfair is just providing Orbit with software. I found this link
    https://www.xn--orbtexch-vkb.com/contact/
    but the message I am trying to send , cannot be sent, "please try later" it says. I wonder how I will be able to reach directly Orbit.

Optional

thanks again! I contacted with Betfair and they told me that they do not have any connection to Orbit, Betfair is just providing Orbit with software. I found this link
    https://www.xn--orbtexch-vkb.com/contact/
    but the message I am trying to send , cannot be sent, "please try later" it says. I wonder how I will be able to reach directly Orbit.
    I don't know. Betfair is who I think you need to work on speaking with.

But good luck with it.

Alfie White
    Alfie White's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11850

This happened before with BIA's Orbit accounts, it smells as if it is inside job as even before we have seen reports exact same thing happening where losing bet is smashed on cricket.

Eventually, none of the funds are repaid and ball is bounced all over the place shifting the blame from one side to another. They will claim your PW hasn't been secure and that you leaked it somehow, somewhere.

From what I know bet-football is mastermind behind orbit, so you might want to contact them as well and see if they can do something, but I wouldn't get my hopes up since that bet might've been matched somewhere else rather than Orbit (directly on BF, or any of the brokers offering BF liquidity.

Anyway, best of luck.

infotimbo

I am pretty sure that the fraud comes from their side. My IP wasn't hacked, neither someone hacked my account, they did it themselves.
    just to add another possible explanation: did you ever (try to) use the Orbitxch (without "e") site to login instead of Orbitexch? There's aa explicit note at the top of the site saying that you should absolutely never use your credentials elsewhere, so I guess they have experienced phishing issues in the past - and that could easily lead to something like this to happen of course.

yellowstorm21

Quote Originally Posted by Alfie White View Post
    This happened before with BIA's Orbit accounts, it smells as if it is inside job as even before we have seen reports exact same thing happening where losing bet is smashed on cricket.

Eventually, none of the funds are repaid and ball is bounced all over the place shifting the blame from one side to another. They will claim your PW hasn't been secure and that you leaked it somehow, somewhere.

From what I know bet-football is mastermind behind orbit, so you might want to contact them as well and see if they can do something, but I wouldn't get my hopes up since that bet might've been matched somewhere else rather than Orbit (directly on BF, or any of the brokers offering BF liquidity.

Anyway, best of luck.
    thanks a lot. I contacted with bet-football, they said that I will have to find a solution via my agents, since they have no access to my account.

yellowstorm21

Quote Originally Posted by infotimbo View Post
    just to add another possible explanation: did you ever (try to) use the Orbitxch (without "e") site to login instead of Orbitexch? There's aa explicit note at the top of the site saying that you should absolutely never use your credentials elsewhere, so I guess they have experienced phishing issues in the past - and that could easily lead to something like this to happen of course.
    I do not think so, BIA answered that they did not notice any phising attempt in my account...I am really desperate, I do not know how should I proceed with this issue.

yellowstorm21

Anyway, best of luck.
    thanks. can you recall in the past similar issues with so high staked losing bets on cricket?

yellowstorm21

hi to everyone. here is a short update to my situation. BIA has informed me that according to Orbit's investigation there wasn't any fund passing caused from my bet, so the 2900 euros stolen from my account happened because my credentials were hacked and this is my own responsibility...Of course I strongly disagree with this statement, since they never answered directly to my questions:
    1. from which IP the bet was placed?
    2. have they traced any account which immediately matched that bet (everything was organised and executed in 30 minutes)
    3. why the odds of that bet are displayed differently in my betting history at orbit? (in "my bet" section the bet's odds are displayed as 2.00 and at the same time , in "my account" section the same bet's odds are displayed as 132.50, please check the screenshots that I have uploaded)

https://ibb.co/6ydD7xh

https://ibb.co/T15y1t3

Is this normal? Have you seen such thing in orbit betting history?

Guys, really I would appreciate any help, any guidance, it is against my consciousness to give up, because I know that I didn't do any mistake from my side.
    thanks a lot for the time you spend to read my posts.

Foosball Champ
    Foosball Champ's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10474

this happened to me 3 years ago. after all that was said and done. it was a BIA employee that stole the money. ultimately they refunded my money.

Optional

They are unlikely to do anything more than make excuses unless their relationship with Betfair is threatened.

Show Betfair the fake account entries and demand that they investigate THEIR agent.

Talk to Betfair like it is 100% their problem and cannot be palmed off to any third party.

That is what works.

yellowstorm21

Quote Originally Posted by Foosball Champ View Post
    this happened to me 3 years ago. after all that was said and done. it was a BIA employee that stole the money. ultimately they refunded my money.
    really? As you have read my friend, I am very suspicious about BIA as well. but how they admitted someone insider stole your money after 3 years? how you managed to get your money back and after such a long time you managed to keep your case alive? in my case they said that lost funds is not their responsibility. how do you believe I should proceed?

yellowstorm21

They are unlikely to do anything more than make excuses unless their relationship with Betfair is threatened.

Show Betfair the fake account entries and demand that they investigate THEIR agent.

Talk to Betfair like it is 100% their problem and cannot be palmed off to any third party.

That is what works.
    I will keep disturbing Betfair, until now they kindly reject all my complaints saying that it is their responsibility.

Optional

I will keep disturbing Betfair, until now they kindly reject all my complaints saying that it is their responsibility.
    You must be handling it badly. Others with the same problem manage to get help. Every time I can recall it being posted on here.

yellowstorm21

You must be handling it badly. Others with the same problem manage to get help. Every time I can recall it being posted on here.
    I have contacted with Betfair twice so far via their live chat. Twice I gave them a detailed picture of my issue, twice they told me to turn to my agent for assistance. I was not rude with them at all, I do not know what you mean, that "I hand it badly"...it has been 10 days so far that all my free time , my effort, my concerns are spent on this issue, that is why I am bothering you guys in this forum. And, of course, I am grateful for your help and your replies. What else can I do with Betfair, shall I email them as well? I agree with you , they seem to be the only side where I can find a solution but as they have stated me so far, they have nothing to do with orbit's members.

yellowstorm21

this is what they told me for the 3rd time..

My apologies for this, understand that this might be frustrating however unfortunately I am not able to help as this is a third party website and is not managed by Betfair.

Alfie White
    Alfie White's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11850

Quote Originally Posted by Foosball Champ View Post
    Whoa, this is DARK, but confirms that there is some foul play happening.

yellow, given the nature of your replies, I can't quite agree with Opti in terms of you handling this badly - if you speak with them the same way you speak here, there is not much more you can do. Especially if you have given a very clear explanation on what happened and that you are exposed from all ends.

Why this is a problem - BF is giving their API to OX and OX has made their own whitelabel where all the accounts created are placing bets through that one account. There are several problems here - bet ID is different; OX might be taking position on your bets so your bet might not be 1/1 matched against some other BF player, but rather in some other split (80/20, 60/40 etc) so it might be a bit complicated to locate your bet; privacy issues, BF can't really "trust" on what is happening to 3rd party, since the OX is the owner of the account where the bet has been placed... These are only few things that come to mind from the top of my head.

Now, you may try what Opti said, but with a different approach - contact them via escalations @ betfair com email, make a simple, clear and elaborate explanation on what happened, attach screenshots of your OX account with the bets in question and ask them to try and find who is responsible for this. This is your best bet, I am fairly certain that BIA won't do anything to assist you properly.

gl
    Points Awarded:

Optional gave Alfie White 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

yellowstorm21

Whoa, this is DARK, but confirms that there is some foul play happening.

yellow, given the nature of your replies, I can't quite agree with Opti in terms of you handling this badly - if you speak with them the same way you speak here, there is not much more you can do. Especially if you have given a very clear explanation on what happened and that you are exposed from all ends.

Why this is a problem - BF is giving their API to OX and OX has made their own whitelabel where all the accounts created are placing bets through that one account. There are several problems here - bet ID is different; OX might be taking position on your bets so your bet might not be 1/1 matched against some other BF player, but rather in some other split (80/20, 60/40 etc) so it might be a bit complicated to locate your bet; privacy issues, BF can't really "trust" on what is happening to 3rd party, since the OX is the owner of the account where the bet has been placed... These are only few things that come to mind from the top of my head.

Now, you may try what Opti said, but with a different approach - contact them via escalations @ betfair com email, make a simple, clear and elaborate explanation on what happened, attach screenshots of your OX account with the bets in question and ask them to try and find who is responsible for this. This is your best bet, I am fairly certain that BIA won't do anything to assist you properly.

gl
    I really appreciate your time Alfie . Thanks again for your useful explanation about how OX possible matches the bets. Believe me , all the 3 times I have contacted with Betfair's customer support via their live chat , I was more than polite and tried to explain them what happened. But as they told me, they do not have anything to do with Orbit, who is a third party. So, thank you, an e mail to that escalations@betfair.com will be my next move. I have no intention to give up on it..

Optional

Maybe try approaching them with the bet ID and just saying a fake bet was placed on account and here is the ID. Not trying to explain anything about third parties. Thye can find out everything about where you play from the bet ID. And if they try to brush you off again insist that the fake bet was made on their platform through their partner/agent and Betfair need to take at least some responsibility to check what is going on.

I'm not sure why you are getting the brush off. But be assured they can help if they decide to. And a Betfair B2B rep reaching out to Orbit will get world record type attention.

yellowstorm21

Maybe try approaching them with the bet ID and just saying a fake bet was placed on account and here is the ID. Not trying to explain anything about third parties. Thye can find out everything about where you play from the bet ID. And if they try to brush you off again insist that the fake bet was made on their platform through their partner/agent and Betfair need to take at least some responsibility to check what is going on.

I'm not sure why you are getting the brush off. But be assured they can help if they decide to. And a Betfair B2B rep reaching out to Orbit will get world record type attention.
    Thanks again for your reply. I will give them the bet ID, the problem with them is that when I start the live chat with one of betfair's agents, before anything else, they are asking for my username , so I am obliged to tell them that I use Orbit via BIA, because I do not have any account at Betfair...and then their answer is that they have no access to 3rd party's accounts. But for sure, I will give a try to start the conversation with them by giving them the fake bet's ID.

Optional

Maybe ask them where you can escalate your dispute to.

I wish I could do something myself for you but they won't deal with third parties.

yellowstorm21

Maybe ask them where you can escalate your dispute to.

I wish I could do something myself for you but they won't deal with third parties.
    thanks a lot my friend

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11860

The odds disparity in the "My Bet" and "My Account" section definitely should raise some eye brows.

Good luck yellowstorm in your quest for a resolution.

123 Last