Bimmerpost
    Bimmerpost's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4182

Pinnacle juice

So I was on oddsportal.com and I see that on some EPL games Pinny has big juice,like 4% on moneyline and even handicap is 3.3%.is this the resulg of the new ownership?even unibet seem to have less juice...i'm very worried

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9137

4% juice is big?

Give an example of the odds you are talking about?

Bimmerpost
    Bimmerpost's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4182

Manchester City vs Bournemouth home 1.09. draw. 11.50. away 28.50 total 96.2%

acltear
    acltear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 330

Such heavy favorites are going to have more juice; common at many books. I would wager many books had 5%+ vig on that Man City market.

Just looking at their current EPL lineup, you will see that the Arsenal game has ~4% while a tighter matchup like today's Chelsea v Tottenham is ~2.7%.

Furthermore, their lines tighten up later in the week as they become more confident. Right now, Crystal Palace v Everton has about 3.25% despite also being a tighter matchup. I believe the vig will shrink slightly as the week progresses. This is just my understanding of course.

Should also be said that anything sub 4% is pretty amazing.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9137

That aligns with prices on todays match v next week

semibluff
    Thanks for all the fish.
    semibluff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18947

Quote Originally Posted by Bimmerpost View Post
    So I was on oddsportal.com and I see that on some EPL games Pinny has big juice,like 4% on moneyline and even handicap is 3.3%.is this the resulg of the new ownership?even unibet seem to have less juice...i'm very worried
    -106 on a 2 outcome event works out to a book price of 102.913%. The juice always increases with either increased volatility/risk or a higher number of outcomes. For example Super Bowl futures with 32 outcomes will be at 140%. Golf event futures exceed 200%. A 3 outcome book price of 103.948% with the Man City game example you posted looks pretty reasonable with the caveat that I don't know what margins they were previously working to. For comparison a 103.948% book price equates to a 2 outcome event with -108.22 odds on either side.

TommieGunshot
    TommieGunshot's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6350

Quote Originally Posted by acltear View Post
    Such heavy favorites are going to have more juice; common at many books.
    It's usually the opposite. Ohio State - Michigan State is 3.3% at FanDuel, 2.8% at MGM, and 1.5% at Heritage. Those are the only places I see offering the moneyline on the 30 point spread. Pinnacle is one of the few places that keeps the juice the same even as the favorite becomes more and more lopsided.