krs
    krs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4993

US Heritage player traveling abroad

I am a US based player with Heritage. Traveling to France and cannot log in. Seems especially strange because the domain is .eu

Anyone know the reason?

Thanks,
    Ken

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90060

Call them

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2163

I have been having this issue. I have been living in Vietnam for the last 8 years and i was in China off and on for 3 of those years. I am an American and have been with them since the inception of Heritage. I have been using Heritage without any issue up until May of this year. Now , it is blocked and I am unable to access it. I called them and I had to give them my IP address and they unblocked it for me. However. my IP address changes every time i use the internet so it keeps being blocked. They told me the only way I can use the site is if I get a "static IP" address and then they will unblock that address. I do not know what happened after all these years , I can use all other books except Heritage, it is very odd. I have not looked into getting a static IP address. I am not in a hurry because i pretty much just use Pinnacle and Bet365 but I would like to continue to use Heritage.
    :

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90060

Quote Originally Posted by flyingillini View Post
    I have been having this issue. I have been living in Vietnam for the last 8 years and i was in China off and on for 3 of those years. I am an American and have been with them since the inception of Heritage. I have been using Heritage without any issue up until May of this year. Now , it is blocked and I am unable to access it. I called them and I had to give them my IP address and they unblocked it for me. However. my IP address changes every time i use the internet so it keeps being blocked. They told me the only way I can use the site is if I get a "static IP" address and then they will unblock that address. I do not know what happened after all these years , I can use all other books except Heritage, it is very odd. I have not looked into getting a static IP address. I am not in a hurry because i pretty much just use Pinnacle and Bet365 but I would like to continue to use Heritage.
    :
    Good information

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

Quote Originally Posted by pimike View Post
    Call them
    hope OP did this

i am assuming they are blocking you thinking you have been hacked

jedihyoju
    jedihyoju's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3501

Heritage is one of the best sites.

I had same experience, and just give them the IP address of your stay and it will be all fine.

Heritage is the best.

infotimbo
    infotimbo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9732

Quote Originally Posted by pologq View Post
    i am assuming they are blocking you thinking you have been hacked
    nah, it looks like this for everyone

they have no license for France, so the site is geo-blocked

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9208

Quote Originally Posted by krs View Post
    I am a US based player with Heritage. Traveling to France and cannot log in. Seems especially strange because the domain is .eu

Anyone know the reason?

Thanks,
    Ken
    I think they have recently upgraded or changed geo-blocking there.

France is a hot regulated country. Most books not licensed there end up deciding to block the country I think.

But if you are just travelling and they are sure you not there as more than a short term tourist, I think that they would not mind you using a VPN for that period.

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2163

I explained in detail what is going on, it is an easy fix but I can't get a static IP address in Vietnam so as of now I am unable to use Heritage.