Chiefs83
    Update your status
    Chiefs83's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1571

Payout???

I got this in my email and decided to bet it since I’ve been rolling good lately

Race #9 at Saratoga (New York Stallion Stakes) 5:39 pm ET

The New York-special series hits Saratoga with an assorted mix of sophomore talent – and $150,000 in profits – including latest Belmont-based NY Stallion Stakes winner #8 Dakota Gold (by Danny Gargan, with Irad Ortiz Jr) now listed on top at 3/5 odds. #5 Marinara Sauced (by Chad C. Brown, with Manuel Franco) lands 2nd position with 5/1 odds. #3 Shinsun (by Barclay Tagg, with Luis Saez) and #10 Barrel of Quests (by David G. Donk, with Jose L. Ortiz) commute on 3rd with 8/1.

The bet: $20 Exacta Box ($40 total) with #5 Marinara Sauced & #8 Dakota Gold

IT WON

I don’t know anything about horse racing but I would think I would of won more. Seems to me only won 100. This seems way to little.

Appreciate the help

garyking
    garyking's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7066

Horse racing results can be checked under results on equibase.com. This exacta 8-5 paid $7.80 for $2, $78 for your $20 bet. Horse racing payouts are always way too little, as a 25% or so commission for exotic bets is huge. Better had you played the tri 8-5-4, which paid $44.00 for $2.