JeanGenie
    JeanGenie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Betcris / Bookmaker XML feed has been empty for 2 weeks

There is a Betcris / Bookmaker XML feed located at a particular URL.

You go to the URL and a page opens up with a feed of all the odds Betcris / Bookmaker offer in XML format. The page is updated in real time while odds/markets change value, are added and deleted.

The information from this feed is used by odds comparison sites and by individuals. An example of individual use might be to use the feed to set up an alert for when a market hits a certain price or just to browse the feed using search to find a market or team quickly and easily.

For the past 2 weeks when you visit the URL where the XML feed is - the contents of the page are blank. The page still exists ok but there is nothing in it.

- Have any readers here noticed this?

- Do you rely on this feed for something and you are now impacted?

- Do you have information re: if/when this will be fixed?

Thanks for reading my post.

SportsBettor74
    SportsBettor74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2802

I have noticed this.

I use the feed for manual searching so yes I am impacted.

I never use the SBR odds service but I think SBR use the Betcris feed to display odds and odds changes over time for major US Sports in their service.

Maybe an SBR representative here could confirm that they too no longer have access to these odds and markets from Betcris and if they are also impacted perhaps they could ask Betcris when the fix will happen.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9137

CRIS data feeds have been impacted since their last site update.

You will need to ask them directly about the url you are using.

JeanGenie

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    CRIS data feeds have been impacted since their last site update.

You will need to ask them directly about the url you are using.
    Thanks Optional.

I have the address of the "old" URL that is now empty.

I think you are saying that if I ask Betcris they will tell me the address of a "new" URL that contains all their data in XML format (just like the "old" URL used to).

Is that right? A "new" URL exists?

Optional

Not really. Just that I didn't know what service you meant as you seemed to be suggesting a private one.

SBR has had feed issues too. I know our techs do not know a firm ETA for a fix.

JeanGenie

Not really. Just that I didn't know what service you meant as you seemed to be suggesting a private one.

SBR has had feed issues too. I know our techs do not know a firm ETA for a fix.
    Oh ok. No it is not a private service. You just go here and until 2 weeks ago you could see all the odds and lines.

https://lines.betcris.com/

It is completely public. Anyone can see it. Now it is empty.

It used to be like this:

https://mybookie.ag/odds.xml

Click that link - wait for 5 seconds for it to load - you can see all MyBookie odds and lines. 100% public.

SportsBettor74

Quote Originally Posted by JeanGenie View Post
    Oh ok. No it is not a private service. You just go here and until 2 weeks ago you could see all the odds and lines.

https://lines.betcris.com/

It is completely public. Anyone can see it. Now it is empty.

It used to be like this:

https://mybookie.ag/odds.xml

Click that link - wait for 5 seconds for it to load - you can see all MyBookie odds and lines. 100% public.
    I expect that all odds comparison / odds history type sites will be using that Betcris URL to get their odds in real time. This means that Betcris odds will be unavailable for all sites and services, including SBR.

It would be good if Betcris fixed this soon.

redsox2004
    redsox2004's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 186

I mentioned in another thread that it looks like you have to contact them using the link on api dot bookmaker dot eu for access. I will be very curious as to whether they let players still access this info for free or if it will be an enterprise product going forward. Let us know how it goes.

Shifty
    Shifty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7997

Just guessing but it looks like the people at Cris/Bookmaker no longer want to be on any odds sites. They might even book more action. Big players can hit Bookmaker sooner now without moving the screen. That wasn't possible when they were on Don Best.

DontTailMe
    DontTailMe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

I doubt that. They could have shut off the API feed any time they liked. Since this change coincided with the software upgrade, it's much more likely that the upgrade simply broke the feed, so they need to modify the code to get it working again. How important fixing it is to them is something we don't really know. But being included in odds comparison sites is advertising they'll miss out on without it.

Shifty
    Shifty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7997

I'm sure their IT department could have fixed it during the past 2 weeks. Seems more like they don't want it anymore.

DontTailMe

Maybe. It may not be as easy as you think, and they've been fixing other things from the upgrade. I guess we'll see.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

That feed has never been accurate

Even people at bookmaker said it was an unmanaged feed with lots of incorrect data

smoke a bowl
    smoke a bowl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14472

Bookmaker will be back on the screen in 2-5 weeks hopefully before week 1 football. Working out some issues after a big update. Can't speak for Betcris as they are a differnt brand now though they still copy some of our international stuff.

JeanGenie

Quote Originally Posted by smoke a bowl View Post
    Bookmaker will be back on the screen in 2-5 weeks hopefully before week 1 football. Working out some issues after a big update. Can't speak for Betcris as they are a differnt brand now though they still copy some of our international stuff.
    Hi Smoke. Are you a formal Bookmaker rep here? If so, thanks for your reply.

I am surprised by some of your statement above because as far as I was aware, Betcris and Bookmaker odds are identical.

For example, before it went blank I could access all odds here: https://lines.betcris.com/ and the odds in this XML feed applied to both Betcris and Bookmaker.

If Bookmaker is different - do you have an alternative URL to the one above?

If you do - I will start using that URL too when you re-populate it with odds and lines data.

smoke a bowl

Hi Smoke. Are you a formal Bookmaker rep here? If so, thanks for your reply.

I am surprised by some of your statement above because as far as I was aware, Betcris and Bookmaker odds are identical.

For example, before it went blank I could access all odds here: https://lines.betcris.com/ and the odds in this XML feed applied to both Betcris and Bookmaker.

If Bookmaker is different - do you have an alternative URL to the one above?

If you do - I will start using that URL too when you re-populate it with odds and lines data.
    Who knows if Betcris will still copy some of our stuff like other books do but you will for sure see some unique lines as well especially in the American sports.

JeanGenie

Who knows if Betcris will still copy some of our stuff like other books do but you will for sure see some unique lines as well especially in the American sports.
    Are you an official Bookmaker representative?

If so, does Bookmaker have a URL similar to the Betcris URL above where Bookmaker feed their odds and lines?

If so, could you post that URL here?

SportsBettor74

If so, does Bookmaker have a URL similar to the Betcris URL above where Bookmaker feed their odds and lines?

"Who knows if Betcris will still copy some of our stuff like other books do but you will for sure see some unique lines as well especially in the American sports."

If he is some kind of official Bookmaker rep then he is doing a very poor job of representing his organisation.

First he does not answer the questions you put to him in your first post.

Second - he ignores your clearly stated questions for 24 hours (and counting)

Very poor showing.

DontTailMe

Yeah, I wasn't going to say anything, but it's a strange string of posts.

Optional

So you work for Bookmaker, and think it is fine to troll on behalf of a scammer who was smearing Betonline?

Pull your head in pal. Book employees do not get to smear their competition here. We are all in this industry together.
    Last edited by Optional; 07-31-21 at 06:55 PM.

Murray Bannerman
    Murray Bannerman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 560

Lol, cmon you guys. There's another forum where a BM employee posts. Smoke A Bowl just cut and pasted it.

MURRAY

smoke a bowl

So you work for Bookmaker, and think it is fine to troll on behalf of a scammer who was smearing Betonline?

Pull your head in pal. Book employees do not get to smear their competition here. We are all in this industry together.
    I think I made it quite clear that the OP in that thread was a scammer and deserved what he had comignt o him once betonline made their statement. I jsut don't get why you were so harsh with Mcirish when he was just asking questions. Not sure why I'm accused of smearing betonline or any other book for that matter as I can't imagine I did.

smoke a bowl

Sorry Jean was on a small vacation. Tha's not my area I trade but I'll try to find out if there is a url like that for bookmaker and/or if it will be accessible to the public like the one you were referring to was.

JeanGenie

Sorry Jean was on a small vacation. Tha's not my area I trade but I'll try to find out if there is a url like that for bookmaker and/or if it will be accessible to the public like the one you were referring to was.
    Thanks Smoke. Looking forward to your prompt reply.

Optional

I think I made it quite clear that the OP in that thread was a scammer and deserved what he had comignt o him once betonline made their statement. I jsut don't get why you were so harsh with Mcirish when he was just asking questions. Not sure why I'm accused of smearing betonline or any other book for that matter as I can't imagine I did.
    The thread was already long and was unfairly harsh looking on the book. All relevant questions had already been answered in it, and the thread had been left to die a week or more earlier.

He was asked to not bump it and muddy the waters again.

He not only didn't agree, he bumped it again after that with a second post. So got an official warning to stop.

He didn't like that so bumped it a third time ranting about being asked to stop. Instead of just replying to the PM like an adult.

So he got a 24 hour timeout to make him stop.

If you think that is too harsh, well bad luck.

But if McIrish acts the prat like that again, there will be no warnings and it will be harsh. He can thank you and your badgering me over this in part for that.

smoke a bowl

Ok Jean I don't have great news. The xlm feeds have been shut down for now for a bunch of in house reasons. There is no ETA on when they will return but the plan is to return them at somepoint as they help us in house as well for building databases etc. Unfortuantely we are in the process of cleaning up tons of other stuff internally and the xlm feeds are down the list. I wish I had better news and more info but that is all I have for now. If I get anything new good or bad I will share it in this thread. Not sure if it helps you but we should be back on the don best screen in a couple of weeks.

smoke a bowl

The thread was already long and was unfairly harsh looking on the book. All relevant questions had already been answered in it, and the thread had been left to die a week or more earlier.

He was asked to not bump it and muddy the waters again.

He not only didn't agree, he bumped it again after that with a second post. So got an official warning to stop.

He didn't like that so bumped it a third time ranting about being asked to stop. Instead of just replying to the PM like an adult.

So he got a 24 hour timeout to make him stop.

If you think that is too harsh, well bad luck.

But if McIrish acts the prat like that again, there will be no warnings and it will be harsh. He can thank you and your badgering me over this in part for that.
    I obviously had no idea there was any PM conversation between the 2 of you. From the outside though it looked like you dismissed any seemingly fair questions he had about the situation (maybe all of those questions were answered well earlier in the thread as I didnt read the whole thread). Either way I'm certainly done with the situation and I'm guessing McIrish can live with any decision you make on him going forward whether I played a role in it or not. And for the record again I don't bash other books on forums unless the truly deserve it from the players point of view. I don't think you will find a post on me bashing betonline or any other reputable book. You may not even find a post of me bashing any book actually but I sure could have taken a players side on an issue or 2 in the past where I feel it was warranted. I certainly won't take up for a book if i believe the player is correct in a given situation no matter what side of the fence I currently sit. I started as a player and will always be a player/punter at heart and in reality despite doing some work for the other side now as well.

DontTailMe

Is Bookmaker aware that you are posting while representing them? I would think they'd want a little better control over their image.

JeanGenie

Ok Jean I don't have great news. The xlm feeds have been shut down for now for a bunch of in house reasons. There is no ETA on when they will return but the plan is to return them at somepoint as they help us in house as well for building databases etc. Unfortuantely we are in the process of cleaning up tons of other stuff internally and the xlm feeds are down the list. I wish I had better news and more info but that is all I have for now. If I get anything new good or bad I will share it in this thread. Not sure if it helps you but we should be back on the don best screen in a couple of weeks.
    Thanks Smoke.

Are you an official Bookmaker.eu rep and/or employee?

"The xlm feeds have been shut down for now for a bunch of in house reasons.".

This implies that there was once a Bookmaker.eu URL that contained odds and lines but that this is now unpopulated. What was the URL where the XML existed? As a reminder, the Betcris URL was
    https://lines.betcris.com/ . What was the equivalent Bookmaker.eu URL?

"
    There is no ETA on when they will return but the plan is to return them at somepoint as they help us in house as well for building databases etc"

That's great. Please PM me or post here the moment you have an update.

Thanks again for your replies in this thread.

Murray Bannerman
    Murray Bannerman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 560

Thank you for providing these updates Smoke A Bowl.

MURRAY

Frank
    Frank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9825

Any update on getting back up on the screen?

RonPaul2008
    Update your status
    RonPaul2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243569

Quote Originally Posted by Shifty View Post
    Just guessing but it looks like the people at Cris/Bookmaker no longer want to be on any odds sites. They might even book more action. Big players can hit Bookmaker sooner now without moving the screen. That wasn't possible when they were on Don Best.
    I have been out of the game for a bit now... Bookmaker/CRIS is no longer on DonBest??

gentruchi
    gentruchi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1214

Hey, anyone heard anything new regarding this?? CFB season is on their way and NFL is just about to start..still no feed of Bookmaker's odds pretty much nowhere.
    BetCRIS is back at DonBest, wondering if there's something else behind this (like Betcris/Bmkr not sharing most of the lines like they used to)

gentruchi
    gentruchi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1214

Update. Bookmaker odds feed is back (at least in DonBest/Pregame) Just in time for the NFL kickoff. SBR still pending..

SportsBettor74

Quote Originally Posted by gentruchi View Post
    Update. Bookmaker odds feed is back (at least in DonBest/Pregame) Just in time for the NFL kickoff. SBR still pending..
    Thanks for the update gentruchi.

The data is not coming from the usual URL here: https://lines.betcris.com/

This URL is still empty.

Therefore if DonBest has Bookmaker (Betcris) odds they must be coming from somewhere else.

Smoke (or anyone) - does anyone have any idea where these odds are coming from? The usual method is for a URL to contain all the odds and lines in XML format, similar to the MyBookie odds and lines that can be found here: https://mybookie.ag/odds.xml (go to the URL and wait 10 seconds for the odds and lines to load up)

Since the usual Betcris URL is empty - maybe there is now an alternative URL for Bookmaker?
    Last edited by SportsBettor74; 09-08-21 at 04:10 AM.

12 Last