hank_kingsley
    hank_kingsley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2497

Bookmaker refusing payout over bogus pending rollover (no bonus involved)

Have never run into this bullshit at any other book, and have never had any problems with Bookmaker in the past, but this makes me think they're having financial problems and are intentionally delaying payouts.

Tried to withdraw $XXk max this morning after Warriors futures were graded last night. Got a rejection email from them saying that my rollover on a recent deposit was not met.

Deposited $Xk (without any bonus) on May 18 and immediately bet the entire $Xk on Celtics to win NBA title. Obviously that bet is pending and won't be resolved until the finals are done.

Bookmaker is saying that my 1x deposit rollover is not completed until after the $Xk bet is graded and I cannot withdraw any money from my account until that bet is graded.

I have NEVER seen this at any other book. No one would ever but futures where your bet can be pending for 1 year or more, if that held up the rollover and shut down deposits.

In fact Bookmakers own rules say this about 1x rollover without bonus:

"A rollover will be considered complete once you meet the required amount in action, or whenever your total account balance drops to $5 or less."

https://get.bookmaker.help/hc/en-us/...bonus-claimed-

I did BOTH. Met the required action and my balance was $0. Argued with customer service for half an hour and they wouldn't budge and told me I either had to bet more money or wait until the future was graded and could not make any withdrawals until that happened.

I asked them if I had bet a politics future with that money that doesn't get graded until 2024 if I would have to wait 2.5 years for a payout and the answer was "it will depend on the wager, since it is not always that you have to wait for a future to be graded in order to withdrawal."

Absolute bullshit just holding all my money hostage when their rules specifically state that the rollover should be completed when balance is below $5 regardless of pending wager.
    Last edited by hank_kingsley; 05-27-22 at 01:44 PM.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9181

Did you speak to live chat or email support?

If it was not email I would try that and ask them as first step.

hank_kingsley

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Did you speak to live chat or email support?

If it was not email I would try that and ask them as first step.

Live chat twice, both said the same thing and said supervisors said rollover was not fulfilled.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by hank_kingsley View Post

Live chat twice, both said the same thing and said supervisors said rollover was not fulfilled.
    Try to email. You get second level support people who have time to actually get a manager to look at it or a make a decision themselves.

Personally I'd take the approach that you had no idea your other funds would be tied up by making a non-bonus deposit and ask for a manager to over ride that rule for you this time. Rather than argue they are wrong or its a bad rule etc. Make it easy for someone to just say yes.

Optional

Any chance you want to make another deposit and try to cover the 7k + New deposit rollover with that?

Would be the simplest solution if you planned to keep betting those amounts there anyway.

hank_kingsley

Try to email. You get second level support people who have time to actually get a manager to look at it or a make a decision themselves.

Personally I'd take the approach that you had no idea your other funds would be tied up by making a non-bonus deposit and ask for a manager to over ride that rule for you this time. Rather than argue they are wrong or its a bad rule etc. Make it easy for someone to just say yes.
    Will try that with email. Chat people wouldn't listen to anything. There's absolutely no way this is a consistent rule across the board that they enforce all the time. I have withdrawn money previously on many occasions while I had loads of futures pending without any problem at all. My guess is it's because of the size of the withdrawal and it's arbitrary enforcement.

There's just no way anyone would ever bet futures at Bookmaker if this was a hard and fast rule.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by hank_kingsley View Post
    Will try that with email. Chat people wouldn't listen to anything. There's absolutely no way this is a consistent rule across the board that they enforce all the time. I have withdrawn money previously on many occasions while I had loads of futures pending without any problem at all. My guess is it's because of the size of the withdrawal and it's arbitrary enforcement.

There's just no way anyone would ever bet futures at Bookmaker if this was a hard and fast rule.
    Agree. Agent even told you it's not a hard rule. That person and any supervisor they asked just did not have authority to do what is obviously fair in this spot.

I'd be surprised if a polite email asking for them to be reasonable does not work.

hank_kingsley

Any chance you want to make another deposit and try to cover the 7k + New deposit rollover with that?

Would be the simplest solution if you planned to keep betting those amounts there anyway.
    I'm not going to deposit any more with them until this is clarified. 90% of my bets are futures and if this is their new way of handling rollover on non-bonus deposits I'm just going to wait until the finals are done, pull all my money and go elsewhere. No way I want to have to worry about dealing with arbitrary enforcement of this and have withdrawals shut down for endless months on end at their whim. If rollover isn't met until bets are actually graded they need to make that clear in their rules and remove the <$5 balance language because they're not following it.

It's a shame because they have high limits/quick payouts and have been great otherwise but this is a dealbreaker for someone who bets a high % of futures. I've profited 6 figures plus the last 2 years there and maybe this is their way of trying to get me to leave.

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

Yea, based on my past experiences with them, you get better results via email rather than chat. Chat reps just look at the notes. If you email and explain, they usually figure out the right thing to do.

newton0038
    Update your status
    newton0038's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1935

They might have an issue that you wagered the deposit and attempted to withdraw where your last action is an undecided event, therefore the action isn't action until a result is produced. Mind you, any other funds that are rollover free should be available for a withdraw.

vampire assassin
    vampire assassin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9896

I think they are following its rules. 1x rollover on any deposit, and that does not count until the wager is graded (what if the event is canceled?) Pinnacle has a similar rule.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by vampire assassin View Post
    I think they are following its rules. 1x rollover on any deposit, and that does not count until the wager is graded (what if the event is canceled?) Pinnacle has a similar rule.
    Pinny will usually let users out of the situation at least once if they get caught unaware.

I think a Bookmaker manager would do the same if he can get to the right one.

Brooklyn Dick
    Brooklyn Dick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22145

Like I have been saying. Betcris/Bookmaker is in Financial trouble. PERIOD.

hank_kingsley

Quote Originally Posted by vampire assassin View Post
    Think I need to clarify the scenario here, because the money I'm attempting to withdraw has completed rollover and is not associated at all with the deposit/rollover they're claiming is pending. Here's the sequence with fake amounts:

March 1 - Deposit A 5k - Bet 5k on Bet A (West Conf NBA champ). Bet A will be graded end of May
    May 1 - Deposit B 5k - Bet 5k on Bet B (NBA Champ) . Bet B will be graded middle of June when NBA final is done
    May 24 - Bet A graded win, 5k Bet + 10k winnings available in account. All 15k of Deposit A/Bet A has cleared its own deposit rollover.
    May 25 - Request withdrawal Bet A 15k (deposit + winnings), refused by Bookmaker because they say Deposit B rollover has not been met and bet B is still pending.

So Bookmaker is refusing to let me withdrawal 15k from deposit A/bet A because the rollover on Deposit B is still pending. It makes zero sense because funds I'm trying to withdraw have cleared their own rollover and are not associated with Deposit B/Bet B.

It takes 2 seconds to realize that this policy cannot be what they follow all the time. If depositing and betting a future then has the effect of locking up ALL WITHDRAWALS for all funds in your account that are not even associated with that deposit while the future bet is pending for months or years, no one would bet futures at Bookmaker, ever.

Of course it makes sense to limit withdrawals on the deposit and winnings that come directly from that associated deposit until the rollover is finished ON THAT DEPOSIT. But that's not what is happening here. Bookmaker is claiming that I cannot withdraw any funds at all from my account, even from prior deposits/bets that have cleared their own rollover, because I have a current rollover pending on a separate deposit.

And email support just got back to me and told me that my rollover amount is completely different from the one that chat support told me twice. Just an absolute mess all the way around and it feels like they're just intentionally delaying my withdrawal and making up different excuses each time as to why and putting barriers in place to prevent/delay withdrawal.