1. #1
    flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-06-06
    Posts: 39,495
    Betpoints: 339

    Blockchain question.......

    Are you able to buy BTC send to the book and send back to BTC and into your bank without using another wallet?

  2. #2
    Roscoe_Word
    Roscoe_Word's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-28-12
    Posts: 3,139
    Betpoints: 2865

    Remember when we first started with BTC thing, Gillini?

    It was determined that the safer route would be by using an intermediate wallet.

    I think some players take a chance, but getting shut off from one's exchange, to me, isn't worth it.

  3. #3
    PD77
    Bitches!
    PD77's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-11-09
    Posts: 2,209
    Betpoints: 397

    Blockchain.com does work as an exchange now but you have to complete the verification and kyc to use it. Better to just use them as an intermediary wallet imo.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 07/04/2022


  4. #4
    flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-06-06
    Posts: 39,495
    Betpoints: 339

    Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe_Word View Post
    Remember when we first started with BTC thing, Gillini?

    It was determined that the safer route would be by using an intermediate wallet.

    I think some players take a chance, but getting shut off from one's exchange, to me, isn't worth it.
    I have been out of the loop for years. I am in Vietnam and just use Pinnacle, I am heading back to America and need to get back in the swing of things..... thanks for the info!

  5. #5
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 52,282
    Betpoints: 821

    Quote Originally Posted by flyingillini View Post
    I have been out of the loop for years. I am in Vietnam and just use Pinnacle, I am heading back to America and need to get back in the swing of things..... thanks for the info!
    If the exchange you plan to use bans using them to transfer gambling funds, it probably is smarter to use an intermediary wallet to try and respect their rules.

    But if any exchange decides to investigate your account they can quickly work out what you are doing by looking at where your transfers end up and originate from, and the general pattern of wallets involved.

    Plus, many posters will tell you they have been transferring direct from book to exchange for years.


    Finally, if you do decide to take the easy way I have never heard of an exchange confiscating any money. Just asking you to explain what you are doing and then closing he account and telling you to move your crypto out.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: KVB
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 06/30/2022

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  6. #6
    DontTailMe
    DontTailMe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-24-19
    Posts: 2,892
    Betpoints: 6801

    Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe_Word View Post
    Remember when we first started with BTC thing, Gillini?

    It was determined that the safer route would be by using an intermediate wallet.

    I think some players take a chance, but getting shut off from one's exchange, to me, isn't worth it.
    Exchanges shutting down account for transfers directly with sportsbooks definitely still happens, so you're taking a risk if you choose to go without. Why take the chance, especially when fees are miniscule these days?

  7. #7
    ThaWoj
    hope i dont wake up tomorrow
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-09-10
    Posts: 5,620
    Betpoints: 1932

    I got banned by coinbase but i dont think crypto.com cares...and you can just use their defi wallet anyways where you control the keys. Then it doesn't even matter.

    Heritage makes you use a different btc address every time you withdraw. I cashed out to my defi wallet and did an almost no fee near instant transfer to my connected cdc btc wallet if i want to buy cro or convert to cash on the dbt card

  8. #8
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 52,282
    Betpoints: 821

    Quote Originally Posted by ThaWoj View Post
    I got banned by coinbase but i dont think crypto.com cares...and you can just use their defi wallet anyways where you control the keys. Then it doesn't even matter.

    Heritage makes you use a different btc address every time you withdraw. I cashed out to my defi wallet and did an almost no fee near instant transfer to my connected cdc btc wallet if i want to buy cro or convert to cash on the dbt card
    When buying at Crypto.com how do you avoid the 24 hour hold on transferring BTC out of there?

    Asking for a poster with the question to me.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 06/30/2022

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  9. #9
    GrezaMelith
    GrezaMelith's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-04-22
    Posts: 2
    Betpoints: 30

    Which is the best platform to start NFT?

  10. #10
    ThaWoj
    hope i dont wake up tomorrow
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-09-10
    Posts: 5,620
    Betpoints: 1932

    Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    When buying at Crypto.com how do you avoid the 24 hour hold on transferring BTC out of there?

    Asking for a poster with the question to me.
    Yeah I know, they did that to me after that security breach but honestly since u.s. books went live here end of january I haven't bought btc..but I can tell you the crypto.com defi wallet didnt make me wait at all to send to my exchange wallet...I'm pretty sure if I sent from defi to lets say bitpay, there would be no 24 hour hold. But im not 100 percent. The problem is you have to buy the btc on the exchange if you dont have any..however if you buy and transfer to defi then transfer to book, that might be a way to circumvent the 24 hr hold
    Points Awarded:

    Optional gave ThaWoj 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.


  11. #11
    KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-29-14
    Posts: 78,455
    Betpoints: 3733

    Quote Originally Posted by GrezaMelith View Post
    Which is the best platform to start NFT?
    I think OpenSea is the most widely used...

    https://www.fool.com/the-ascent/cryp...-marketplaces/

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 07/04/2022


  12. #12
    raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 8,540
    Betpoints: 9422

    Quote Originally Posted by GrezaMelith View Post
    Which is the best platform to start NFT?
    As KVB said, Opensea is the most popular. Use the Polygon chain before minting so that you don't have to pay a fee.

Top