Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

5dimes Tony Murderer Gets 33 Years

33 years in prison for one of the 11 accused of the kidnapping and death of William Creighton

Kenny Ford Dowman accepted charges in death of American William Creighton

Kenny Ford Dowman, one of the eleven defendants in the kidnapping and murder of American businessman William Sean Creighton Kopko, has already been sentenced.

He underwent an abbreviated process, that is, he accepted the crimes that the Prosecutor's Office blamed on him and it transpired that he accepted a sentence of 33 years in prison.

Ford was part of the trial that has been taking place since August 2021 in the Criminal Court of Goicoechea for these crimes; however, the public defender assigned to her was incapacitated for 18 days due to a health problem. For that reason that defendant was removed from the debate, since the law only allows a maximum of 10 days without the trial continuing, otherwise it would be annulled.

When he was separated, for Ford was due to give him another trial, but the previous Friday he accepted the charges. The Court's press office confirmed the facts and indicated that the delivery of the respective sentence is still pending.

William Sean Creighton Kopko was the owner of 5Dimes. Photo: Taken from the William Creighton website

Creighton was kidnapped on the night of Monday, September 24, 2018 in San Pedro de Montes de Oca.

[ Three months before the kidnapping of William Creighton gang approached his company ]

According to the Public Ministry, the leader of the gang that organized the attack is surnamed Morales Vega, and was helped by his mother, surnamed Vega Aguirre (48 years old); his girlfriend, who is a woman surnamed Solís Chaves (27 years old); the grandmother, named Aguirre Leal (74 years old) and a man surnamed Vega Aguirre (49), Morales' uncle.

Also on the list are suspects surnamed Martínez Chacón, Sanabria Abarca (teacher), Sánchez Gamboa, Jirón López and Medrano Vargas (the last two are traffic).

Against these 10 people follows the trial that is scheduled to end next March.

https://www.lateja.cr/sucesos/33-ano...64TJ5CA/story/

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33313

I didn't know the suspects had been caught... or even that there were suspects. Thanks for posting this, Optional. I wonder if this was an inside job... Kenny Ford Dowman doesn't sound like the name of a Costa Rican. An internet search didn't give any info on his level of involvement.

SamsNCharge99
    5x POTM. 2x Video maker of the year
    SamsNCharge99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6404

wow, this is a wild story

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273425

ok ok ok it was me

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I didn't know the suspects had been caught... or even that there were suspects. Thanks for posting this, Optional. I wonder if this was an inside job... Kenny Ford Dowman doesn't sound like the name of a Costa Rican. An internet search didn't give any info on his level of involvement.
    It was a family gang of Costa Ricans who had apparently been planning it since 2017.

That newspaper has a lot of detailed information about evidence given and how it went down and how they caught if you click the links in the article to related stories.

HedgeHog
    HedgeHog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16709

Can't help but wonder if 5D would still be serving the US market had this never happened.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90072

Just sad.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11558

Kidnapping for ransom I think is one of the worst crimes there is in this world especially if they kill that person during or after the kidnapping process.

Death penalty should have been the punishment not just 33 years

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

his attitude and treatment of people probably led to his downfall

i always had good interactions with him, but i heard more than a few stories of him being nothing short of a total dick to people just because he could

harvesters
    harvesters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6665

Why did you call himself Tony?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by harvesters View Post
    Why did he call himself Tony?

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 316

When your business involves around illegal activities in a 3rd world country you need to hire top notch security as you will be the target for kidnapping for ransom.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

So what exactly led to this gang getting caught? They had a 2 year head start, I remember police and fbi were getting nowhere

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 316

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    So what exactly led to this gang getting caught? They had a 2 year head start, I remember police and fbi were getting nowhere
    I believe they tracked the bitcoin that was wired for the ransom to one of the members in Spain or something like that.

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11728

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Kidnapping for ransom I think is one of the worst crimes there is in this world especially if they kill that person during or after the kidnapping process.
    Death penalty should have been the punishment not just 33 years
    Perhaps he cut a deal

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    When your business involves around illegal activities in a 3rd world country you need to hire top notch security as you will be the target for kidnapping for ransom.
    Exactly. I think he was kidnapped in his brand new Range Rover if I remember the full story correctly? Had a flashy house and wife as well.

Gotta hire private security in these 3rd world Countries as you become a target for sure especially if you flaunt your wealth.

Maybe even get one of these bullet proof cars..

DontTailMe
    DontTailMe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Or the simple facts that he had money and it is Costa Rica, where kidnapping for ransom happens a lot.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

sad story

I loved Tony

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Wonder what a Costa Rican jail is like?

PD77
    Bitches!
    PD77's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2182

Quote Originally Posted by HedgeHog View Post
    Can't help but wonder if 5D would still be serving the US market had this never happened.
    I think so, Tony lived for giving the feds the finger. The only reason I can think that his widow settled is so she can set foot on US soil, and their kids, but who knows. Settling with the Feds effectively ended 5Dimes and took SBR down with it.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

RIP Tony, appreciate all you did

MinnesotaFats

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    Wonder what a Costa Rican jail is like?
    They're pretty dingy. Spent 6 hours in Jaco jail

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Oh boy. Gotta hear this story

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7917

lets hope his time in prison will be hell

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22524

Drunk and disorderly?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Tony should have been packing heat living his life style and in Costa Rica of all places. Go out firing during the kidnapping attempt. I would never let anyone kidnap me as I'd rather die first.

MinnesotaFats

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    Oh boy. Gotta hear this story
    Eh...just drunk at a club 4am. Took a header down a flight of stairs onto Pator Diaz Ave.

Guess I was pretty much blacked out. Couldn't speak.

Was for my own safety.

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4166

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    It does sound like...............My homey Kenny Fo

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

There was never a body, just dna evidence, correct?

I remember just when they were starting to use Bitcoin I had a large sum to cash out. Chatted with tony and I asked if I could get it in Bitcoin (would have been about 10000 Bitcoin at the time) and he refused saying I would have to make deposits in Bitcoin first. Ah what could have been. But of course I would have had to keep it, not store it in mt gox, and avoid all the free fall panic selling along the way.

Anyway, if there was no body found I still think he could be somewhere with a load of Bitcoin.

Fidel_CashFlow
    Fidel_CashFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30419

He had to of thought when he was first being kidnapped that it was someone

that he had threatened at one point , as he constantly had screenshots taken of him doing that

R.I.P though

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Always wondered why Tony was singled out? Why not any other book owner?

unluckysob
    unluckysob's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12702

Tony was a great American. I don't care where he lived. Greatest sports book ever. Other books bore me.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    There was never a body, just dna evidence, correct?

I remember just when they were starting to use Bitcoin I had a large sum to cash out. Chatted with tony and I asked if I could get it in Bitcoin (would have been about 10000 Bitcoin at the time) and he refused saying I would have to make deposits in Bitcoin first. Ah what could have been. But of course I would have had to keep it, not store it in mt gox, and avoid all the free fall panic selling along the way.

Anyway, if there was no body found I still think he could be somewhere with a load of Bitcoin.
    Where did that come from?

He was found buried in a cemetery about a year after he went missing. Looked like he had been held quite a while due to hair length. Autopsy found that he died of asphyxiation from pressure on the neck.

This guy pled guilty.

There is still 10 more people to be tried.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 684

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Where did that come from?

He was found buried in a cemetery about a year after he went missing. Looked like he had been held quite a while due to hair length. Autopsy found that he died of asphyxiation from pressure on the neck.

This guy pled guilty.

There is still 10 more people to be tried.
    33 years for a kidnap, murder, you have to be shitting me. They should just put a bullet in that piece of shit.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32811

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post

i always had good interactions with him, but i heard more than a few stories of him being nothing short of a total dick to people just because he could
    I remember having a chat with Tony for like 15 minutes about Little League World Series of all things.
    Topics like LLWS run lines etc. all sorts of things.

He was extremely intelligent and knowledgeable.

All in all I had about six chats with the man at 5D

One particular chat was regarding a misgrade.
    I dreaded making the call for fear he was going to bite my head off, but I was right.
    I entered the conversation showing nothing but total respect for what he does, firm but polite and respectful.

Yadda, yadda, yadda, end result, he corrected the mistake, gave me nothing but respect in return, and was totally friendly throughout.

If you entered a dispute with him like this "Listen here you little thief"
    You're dead in the water.

It's all in the approach.

12 Last