Wakamayo
    Wakamayo's Avatar Become A Pro!

Betfair frozen account

Hi fellas!

I am Diego, from Chile. So excuse my english please, i will try my best!.

Well, i was known like "Waka" in some extints private forums, back in the good old days (big limits, big mistakes!). I started with some bonus in bwin in 2006, and i started to grow slowly that bankroll in soft bookies (and i went broke a few times at the start, ofc).

After some years stakes started to be more serious, and i opened accounts in asian bookies (sbobet/ibc/188/mansion, etc), and pinnacle/betfair. I was full time in sports betting (mainly latin soccer) and i started travelling too. In some of these travels betfair frozen my account. I thought it was because i tried to login in a forbidden country (around 2018-2019).

I contacted support after that, and they asked for proof of the origin of the funds for the 2018-2019 period. I did never work in a normal job in my life, with a month salary, so things were not looking nice. I replied that i was travelling and playing live poker around those years, and got the receipts for some prices in these live tournaments. They replied that this didn't explain all my movements in my betfair account, so they needed more information.

I asked to skrill for a report of the movements of those years, and they sent me a pdf. I can see movements between pinnacle/betfair/sbobet/etc that explains that i was involved in sports betting, moving balances, etc. I think is clear that i was a sports bettor, but they need "oficial documents". But i don't have such thing, nothing "official".

So here i am, with almost 10k usd retained for them for years, and i can not see a solution or some "empathy" for my case from Betfair support. Funny thing is that i can bet in betfair with no problems through asian brokers (almost no questions asked), but i can not recover my money!.

I tried mails, twitter, chat, i tried to escalate but never got a solution. Any help is appreciated.

PS: My betfair account name is Wakamayo

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11860

How long ago did they ask for the SOW/SOF documents?

Wakamayo
    Wakamayo's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Foxx View Post
    How long ago did they ask for the SOW/SOF documents?
    December of 2019

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

If you have completed the formal escalation procedure they should have given you a deadlock receipt number.

You can then use that number to ask for binding arbitration from IBAS.

Have you been through the bot process here?

https://support.betfair.com/app/cont...unauth-dispute
    Last edited by Optional; 01-10-22 at 05:24 PM.