HedgeHog
    HedgeHog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16961

WagerHub revisited---a retraction.

Just before Thanksgiving I started a thread about "Wagerhub paying me $300 to try them". It was very popular and, although true, I regret it. I wouldn't trust them with actual money today.

I did win $300 through them w/o putting up a cent. However, my withdrawal was not w/o incident and I never mentioned it. First they gave me the wrong control # and then they supposedly sent the payment to the wrong location. These delays cost me several days before I finally got paid by ** or **. But again it was free, so I excused it, thinking they were just getting the bugs out of their new venture.

Unfortunately, my problems collecting were not isolated incidents--I've read similar complaints over and again. And some of these people were sending their own money at this point, something I wouldn't do then nor now.

I am most concerned about the DBurton incident where WHub withheld payment for no good cause. Having read the complaint and the Book's response, I believe WHub's D- rating (SBR) is not only warranted but deadly accurate. Absent a public forum, they will try to cheat big winners and hope no one finds out.

My thread in November was solely meant to alert posters to potential free money. I am not a shill and never asked people to send real money to WHub. I remain neutral in this respect (bettor beware). Play there at your own risk.
    Last edited by HedgeHog; 03-05-10 at 06:09 PM.

robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Quote Originally Posted by HedgeHog View Post
    Just before Thanksgiving I started a thread about "Wagerhub paying me $300 to try them". It was very popular and, although true, I regret it. I wouldn't trust them with actual money today.

I did win $300 through them w/o putting up a cent. However, my withdrawal was not w/o incident and I never mentioned it. First they gave me the wrong control # and then they supposedly sent the payment to the wrong location. These delays cost me several days before I finally got paid by ** or **. But again it was free, so I excused it, thinking they were just getting the bugs out of their new venture.

Unfortunately, my problems collecting were not isolated incidents--I've read similar complaints over and again. And some of these people were sending their own money at this point, something I wouldn't do then nor now.

I am most concerned about the DBurton incident where WHub withheld payment for no good cause. Having read the complaint and the Book's response, I believe WHub's D- rating (SBR) is not only warranted but deadly accurate. Absent a public forum, they will try to cheat big winners and hope no one finds out.

My thread in November was solely meant to alert posters to potential free money. I am not a shill and never asked people to send real money to WHub. I remain neutral in this respect (bettor beware). Play there at your own risk.
    If you were giving honest and true feedback you would have included that once you got paid. Didn't you say everything went smooth? Yes, I copy and pasted a blog so I'm not honest Johnny either.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

WagerHub hit the board hard with some shills helping to promote in other threads, but they've not been without incident via player disputes. I'm presently attempting to speak w/ Gia on two cases.

HedgeHog

Quote Originally Posted by robmpink View Post
    If you were giving honest and true feedback you would have included that once you got paid. Didn't you say everything went smooth? Yes, I copy and pasted a blog so I'm not honest Johnny either.
    When I finally talked to Gia, the payout did go through. Before then, yes, there were hitches that I overlooked. Guess I got caught up in the free money and wanted everyone else to know how easy it was to collect w/o risk.

HedgeHog

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyLou View Post
    WagerHub hit the board hard with some shills helping to promote in other threads, but they've not been without incident via player disputes. I'm presently attempting to speak w/ Gia on two cases.
    For the record, I for one wasn't shilling. I made free money and passed on the info on how to get it.

robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Quote Originally Posted by HedgeHog View Post
    When I finally talked to Gia, the payout did go through. Before then, yes, there were hitches that I overlooked. Guess I got caught up in the free money and wanted everyone else to know how easy it was to collect w/o risk.
    ok, no problem. The majority of people, including me, would have done the same as you did.

BET THE HOOK
    BET THE HOOK's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am playing there and they are being pretty good to me. It is a secondary account to BetJamaica. I decided to give Chuck a chance because he gauranteed my payout within 48 hours or he would put 100 in my account each day until I had a control number. So far so good but I will keep you guys informed. I think Tom and Chuck can be trusted at this point.

8550937's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19992

never play with your money there ya sure

trumpdown
    trumpdown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 548

HedgeHog

Do you take responsibility for anyone's problems there..just askin.

I joined after seeing your original thread, as many many more have. Fortunately for me I guess I lost the free shot and never posted up (as well as did a Live chat to end all the never ending phone calls)

I personally wouldn't feel responsible, but it does suck when you alert on a free shot offer and the book ends up dicey as hell.

HedgeHog

Quote Originally Posted by trumpdown View Post
    HedgeHog

Do you take responsibility for anyone's problems there..just askin.

I joined after seeing your original thread, as many many more have. Fortunately for me I guess I lost the free shot and never posted up (as well as did a Live chat to end all the never ending phone calls)

I personally wouldn't feel responsible, but it does suck when you alert on a free shot offer and the book ends up dicey as hell.

No, because my main purpose was to alert others to an absolutely free offer. I also wanted to give WHub some exposure for the free $300 I made there. I was clear in thread that I knew very little about this new Book (still don't have much info on them) and just took the $300 payout w/o re-uping.

Nevertheless I am disappointed that WHub didn't make the best of this opportunity to become a rising star. Instead, they have made some serious lapses in judgment regarding legit payouts, and this really bothers me. SBR has come out with a D- rating on WagerHub, and I 100% agree with it.

Luckily most people owed have been paid. Personally, I won't play at a D- shop, but others with more risk tolerance are free to do so. This thread gives me the opportunity to separate myself from this below average Book.

Ratatat415
    Ratatat415's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BET THE HOOK View Post
    I am playing there and they are being pretty good to me. It is a secondary account to BetJamaica. I decided to give Chuck a chance because he gauranteed my payout within 48 hours or he would put 100 in my account each day until I had a control number. So far so good but I will keep you guys informed. I think Tom and Chuck can be trusted at this point.

thats a good deal. 100 a day lol

BET THE HOOK
    BET THE HOOK's Avatar Become A Pro!

I hope I dont have to take the money because the payout will be timely.

jboy4
    jboy4's Avatar Become A Pro!

I dont get how there are so many complaints on here about wagerhub but bet the hook gets treated different. No way would I play there. Thanks SBR forum for all the updates on these garbage books.