1. #1
    lonnie55
    lonnie55's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-08-16
    Posts: 2,583
    Betpoints: 10568

    MyStake voided a bet because "7 v 11 players is an unfair game" :D

    So I had a bet on a soccer match where one team was limited to 7 players due to Covid-19 cases.



    The book first graded it as a winner, later voided it.

    Their argument is hilarious:






    I also think it's unfair that some clubs have more money than others and can therefore buy better players


    Books have become so funny recently, Netflix should consider to make a sitcom about them...

  2. #2
    captrobey
    captrobey's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-02-10
    Posts: 20,361
    Betpoints: 14

    So makes you wonder if your bet would have lost would they have gave you your money back.

  3. #3
    bleedblue
    bleedblue's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-22-08
    Posts: 260
    Betpoints: 1725

    Is this a complaint about the void or the reasoning for the void?

    What was your bet and what would you say fair odds should have been?

    Hard to imagine losing playing 11 vs 7

  4. #4
    lonnie55
    lonnie55's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-08-16
    Posts: 2,583
    Betpoints: 10568

    Quote Originally Posted by bleedblue View Post
    What was your bet what would you say fair odds should have been?
    I posted a screenshot of the bet in the opening post. It was "over 0.5 goals between 0:00 and 9:59". The first goal was scored in the 8th minute.


    Quote Originally Posted by bleedblue View Post
    what would you say fair odds should have been?
    I don't know, those situations are rare (although it coincidentally happened a day before in Colombia for the same reason).

    It was not even known how many players Aucas would bring as they tried to fly in additional players last minute. So I had the risk it would be 11 v 11.

  5. #5
    caramba
    caramba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-03-12
    Posts: 281
    Betpoints: 2977

    Thanks for the warning. Will never bet on ice hockey with this book. "That goal was scored on a 5 on 3 PP. That was unfair. So we had to void the bet".
    Points Awarded:

    lonnie55 gave caramba 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.


  6. #6
    lonnie55
    lonnie55's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-08-16
    Posts: 2,583
    Betpoints: 10568

    Quote Originally Posted by caramba View Post
    "That goal was scored on a 5 on 3 PP. That was unfair. So we had to void the bet".
    Exactly!

  7. #7
    70'sMan
    70'sMan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 02-12-12
    Posts: 590
    Betpoints: 2332

    Was the match completed? Flashscore listed it as abandoned. For the record I had one book void this bet and one paid it. I am expecting the one who paid to reverse it at some point. They did the same thing on a match last month waiting 3 days to reverse a win to void. In this case the information was widely reported well in advance of the match. If the match was not abandoned it should be paid.

  8. #8
    lonnie55
    lonnie55's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-08-16
    Posts: 2,583
    Betpoints: 10568

    Quote Originally Posted by 70'sMan View Post
    Was the match completed?
    Doesn't matter. The industry standard is:

    "Any match abandoned before the completion of 90 minutes play will be void except for those bets the outcome of which has already been determined at the time of abandonment. The market must be fully determined for bets to stand For example, first player to score or time of the first goal bets will stand provided a goal has been scored at the time of abandonment."
    https://help.bet365.de/en/product-he...s/rules/soccer

    MyStake hasn't specified anything else in their terms. So they have to pay.

  9. #9
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 48,225
    Betpoints: 12861

    Quote Originally Posted by lonnie55 View Post
    Books have become so funny recently, Netflix should consider to make a sitcom about them...
    It's like some of them just let people with no betting experience make up rules as they go along sometimes.

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2021

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  10. #10
    ParlayTeaser
    ParlayTeaser's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-12-20
    Posts: 135
    Betpoints: 850

    LOL sorry that happened to you but the most hilarious reason I've read for voiding a bet!

  11. #11
    bleedblue
    bleedblue's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-22-08
    Posts: 260
    Betpoints: 1725

    My mistake Lonnie. I saw the much larger screen shot and did not notice you posted the bet.

    Wish I could be sharp enough to find bets like this, lol. Of course then you have to hope you don’t get freerolled.

  12. #12
    wilsonrajp
    wilsonrajp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-28-17
    Posts: 19
    Betpoints: 324

    I had a bet on Boyaco Chico to win vs Aguillas. It was 3-0 in the 80th minute when a player got injured and Aguillas was down to 6 men so the game finishedearly in that 80th minute. The bookmaker voided, but I can't find anything about the rules of voiding bets in their terms.

    https://www.sportwetten.de/en/information/terms-conditions

    Do I have a case if I take it to IBAS? Any ideas on how to get paid?
    Last edited by wilsonrajp; 04-15-21 at 06:45 PM.

  13. #13
    lonnie55
    lonnie55's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-08-16
    Posts: 2,583
    Betpoints: 10568

    At most books, any full time win and handicap bets will be void if a match has been abandoned before the completion of 90 minutes play. Some books like Pinnacle say that 85 minutes have to be played for handicap bets to remain valid.

    In this case however, Sportwetten.de clearly states that bets stand if the official result has been determined right after the final whistle.
    23.3. Wird ein Wettereignis abgebrochen und unmittelbar nach dem Abbruch offiziell gewertet, so bleibt die Wette aufrecht und Punkt 23.2.4. gilt sinngemäß. Ein durch „walk over“ (w.o.) oder Aufgabe beendetes Tennisspiel gilt als nicht ausgetragen, so dass der geleistete Einsatz zurückzuzahlen ist.
    As far as I can tell, the official score of 3-0 was reported by the referee right after the match. There was no such thing as a green table decision or something like that.

    If you ask me, the bet must stand.

    Quote Originally Posted by wilsonrajp View Post
    Do I have a case if I take it to IBAS? Any ideas on how to get paid?
    Sportwetten.de/NetX Betting Lts is not a registered operator of IBAS.

    I would first try to clarify the issue with the book, then file a complaint with MGA, ADR like Pardee or Madre (find out where NetX is registered), ECC (European Customer Centre).

  14. #14
    PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-23-07
    Posts: 4,441
    Betpoints: 1360

    Quote Originally Posted by lonnie55 View Post
    Doesn't matter. The industry standard is:

    "Any match abandoned before the completion of 90 minutes play will be void except for those bets the outcome of which has already been determined at the time of abandonment. The market must be fully determined for bets to stand For example, first player to score or time of the first goal bets will stand provided a goal has been scored at the time of abandonment."
    https://help.bet365.de/en/product-he...s/rules/soccer

    MyStake hasn't specified anything else in their terms. So they have to pay.
    Yeah you should be paid. Just saw your bet slip.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 05/03/2021


  15. #15
    cashin81
    hvob
    cashin81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-10-14
    Posts: 11,352
    Betpoints: 288

    You defiantly got good odds. But so did the people who got -200 or even -300 for 02.5.

    some things should be assumed like 90 mins and 11v11 id feel i got robbed if i bet the under; so under backers should also be considered.

    id say you should be paid at correct odds and its no where near @ 4

  16. #16
    lonnie55
    lonnie55's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-08-16
    Posts: 2,583
    Betpoints: 10568

    Quote Originally Posted by cashin81 View Post
    You defiantly got good odds. But so did the people who got -200 or even -300 for 02.5.

    some things should be assumed like 90 mins and 11v11 id feel i got robbed if i bet the under; so under backers should also be considered.

    id say you should be paid at correct odds and its no where near @ 4
    Lol, this is bookie's logic like "you were able to catch odds which were not fair = had value, so we have to void the bet, respectively correct the odds to what we think are fair odds"

    Did you miss the part where I said that I did not even know the lineup of Aucas at the time I placed the bet? It was just a rumour that they could play with 8 players (7 was not even an option at that time), but there were also news from reliable sources that said that Aucas tried to fly in additional players last minute. So what would have happened then?

    There were several outs and it was absolutely not sure how many players they would bring in.

  17. #17
    cashin81
    hvob
    cashin81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-10-14
    Posts: 11,352
    Betpoints: 288

    If they sent out 11 players then no problem as your odds reflect 11v11.
    If they sent out less than 11 you had an unfair advantage as the odds rightly assume 11 players.
    A book cannot check 100 games to make sure something as assumed as the soccer game would be 11 v 11; can they?

    If the everton v spurs game today; spurs send out 8 players - you say all bets should stand...

  18. #18
    cashin81
    hvob
    cashin81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-10-14
    Posts: 11,352
    Betpoints: 288

    also think about the under bettors. should the book just say hahaha you didnt know they had 7 players hahaha?

    or should they say, we agree that you assumed the game would not have a team with 7 players, we were at a significant advantage to take your under bet. (if the odds didnt reflect 11 v 7)

  19. #19
    lonnie55
    lonnie55's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-08-16
    Posts: 2,583
    Betpoints: 10568

    So which rule that says a soccer game has to be played by 11 v 11 players for bets to remain valid are you referring to?

  20. #20
    cashin81
    hvob
    cashin81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-10-14
    Posts: 11,352
    Betpoints: 288

    the unfair advantage rule

  21. #21
    lonnie55
    lonnie55's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-08-16
    Posts: 2,583
    Betpoints: 10568

    Nice troll

  22. #22
    cashin81
    hvob
    cashin81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-10-14
    Posts: 11,352
    Betpoints: 288

    You are the one who is trolling thinking bets should stand for 11 v 7.

  23. #23
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 48,225
    Betpoints: 12861

    Quote Originally Posted by cashin81 View Post
    the unfair advantage rule
    If the league rules say they can play with 7 and it's called an official result by the governing body, then they should grade bets I think.

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2021

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  24. #24
    cashin81
    hvob
    cashin81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-10-14
    Posts: 11,352
    Betpoints: 288

    not if the odds dont reflect it.

  25. #25
    cashin81
    hvob
    cashin81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-10-14
    Posts: 11,352
    Betpoints: 288

    * grade it but at correct odds i should say. Like i did at the start,

  26. #26
    Motorhead11
    Motorhead11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-04-18
    Posts: 221
    Betpoints: 2321

    Odds providers have traders to set the odds. Their responsibility is to set the fair odds and our job is to find the wrong odds.

    According to your logic, bets on 10 games per day should be voided due to 5-6-10 covid cases in a team.

    According to your logic, if Liverpool decide to sent U21 for a cup game, all bets should be voided.

    If we were to bet on correct odds, we would try casino than betting, it has more fan at the end.

  27. #27
    cashin81
    hvob
    cashin81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-10-14
    Posts: 11,352
    Betpoints: 288

    no my logic was some things are to be assumed. 90 mins and 11 v 11are 2 of those.

    A team sending out their best players for whatever reason is not to be assumed. And should stand

  28. #28
    cashin81
    hvob
    cashin81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-10-14
    Posts: 11,352
    Betpoints: 288

    And your logic if I bet spurs now @ +110 and they send out 7 players.

    Then thats a fair loss for me. Completely normal.

  29. #29
    cashin81
    hvob
    cashin81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-10-14
    Posts: 11,352
    Betpoints: 288

    bwin and pokerstars state if a team starts with less than 11 for any reasons bet void.

    dunno if they are good books... but there you go saying im a troll for given my backed up opinion.

    Still hope u get paid, dont like books in general.

  30. #30
    cashin81
    hvob
    cashin81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-10-14
    Posts: 11,352
    Betpoints: 288

    coral same.

  31. #31
    Alfie White
    Alfie White's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-02-17
    Posts: 430
    Betpoints: 6167

    You are both correct in certain ways - but if the game was offered in-play (and it seems it was?), there is 0 reason to void it with this reasoning.

  32. #32
    DontTailMe
    DontTailMe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-24-19
    Posts: 1,710
    Betpoints: 1386

    Quote Originally Posted by cashin81 View Post
    also think about the under bettors. should the book just say hahaha you didnt know they had 7 players hahaha?

    or should they say, we agree that you assumed the game would not have a team with 7 players, we were at a significant advantage to take your under bet. (if the odds didnt reflect 11 v 7)
    Ummmmm...yes? But probably without the "hahaha". That's rude. It's the player's responsibility to know what they're betting on.


    I agree with Lonnie. This could have gone in multiple different directions. The odds should reflect the information known at hat time. OP took a risk and ended up on the right side.

  33. #33
    cashin81
    hvob
    cashin81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-10-14
    Posts: 11,352
    Betpoints: 288

    well theres at least three big books that disagree with you.

    you are all missing the point. Players are responsibile but not for something that is assumed or is extreme.

    You only have opinion; I have the backing of ladbrokes coral.

  34. #34
    cashin81
    hvob
    cashin81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-10-14
    Posts: 11,352
    Betpoints: 288

    skybet same but i think thats pokerstars.

    There probably are a few books that would have paid, or not noticed.
    But a shitbook even if theres one book that doesnt pay would cite them.

  35. #35
    DontTailMe
    DontTailMe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-24-19
    Posts: 1,710
    Betpoints: 1386

    Quote Originally Posted by cashin81 View Post
    well theres at least three big books that disagree with you.

    you are all missing the point. Players are responsibile but not for something that is assumed or is extreme.

    You only have opinion; I have the backing of ladbrokes coral.
    See Post #13. Your examples are irrelevant unless you do a full comparison of their rules in this situation.

12 Last
Top