Thunderground
    Thunderground's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 277

Any 5Dimes updates?

5 Dimes exit was 6 months ago. Did they pay everybody or did they run off with peoples money?

from the ratings: 5Dimes’ rating has been suspended as of September 17, 2020 pending the resolution of their US market exit.

Shifty
    Shifty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7997

I assume everyone was paid. They are now licensed in Isle of Man. I guess it's possible they will get that New Jersey license.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

Maybe they have settled everything to most people's satisfaction in the end, if this thread is empty.

Thunderground

Does that mean they will be rated again by SBR?

With all the stuff that went down there, I'm very curious about where they currently stand.

RedApples
    sup
    RedApples's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1564

5Dimes scammed all NBA/NHL futures markets. We are pretty much happy to never hear about them again.

If they'd send me the $6k they owe me from the heist, that'd be nice.

LongBall52
    LongBall52's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2374

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Maybe they have settled everything to most people's satisfaction in the end, if this thread is empty.
    See Red Apples post.

LongBall52

They had a terrible attitude just answering a simple question that I asked. I hope they stay in Isle of Mann.

littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5792

is BAS same ownership as 5Dimes?

Thunderground

Doesn't SBR play a part in getting people paid if they were stiffed by an A-rated book?

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderground View Post
    Doesn't SBR play a part in getting people paid if they were stiffed by an A-rated book?
    Yes. There was a lot of activity at the time of the changes. And the rating was suspended when SBR could not agree with the way they were insisting on settling some markets and pending futures.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by RedApples View Post
    5Dimes scammed all NBA/NHL futures markets. We are pretty much happy to never hear about them again.

Maybe try the IOM regulator complaint process? https://www.gov.im/categories/busine...mplaints-form/

Tbe123123
    Tbe123123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 259

Agreed. I got my $9,000 or so from them after three or four weeks, but they screwed me out of my futures. I couldn't hedge in the ECF, and lost my Aaron Rodgers MVP bet as they voided it.

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

The agreement with usa was to settle bets and move on. They could not be the bookmaker for the futures then

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by nyplayer33 View Post
    The agreement with usa was to settle bets and move on. They could not be the bookmaker for the futures then
    In that situation, what would you have considered the fair way to grade futures that could not be settled by the change date?

What if you had a year old bet on Biden to win the election at +1000, and current odds at that time were now +100, for example?

RedApples
    sup

In that situation, what would you have considered the fair way to grade futures that could not be settled by the change date?

What if you had a year old bet on Biden to win the election at +1000, and current odds at that time were now +100, for example?
    Why are you rehashing all of this? You already know all of the answers to this stuff. I don't even understand how you could have said what you did in your first post knowing full well how many people got scammed by 5Dimes.

You know that they refunded pending bets on futures markets while not refunding the losing bets on the same markets, and even freerolled pending bets that were open at the time, stating if they lose then we will keep your money, but if not we will refund you.

Just stop.

SportsBettor74
    SportsBettor74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2802

Why are you rehashing all of this? You already know all of the answers to this stuff. I don't even understand how you could have said what you did in your first post knowing full well how many people got scammed by 5Dimes.

You know that they refunded pending bets on futures markets while not refunding the losing bets on the same markets, and even freerolled pending bets that were open at the time, stating if they lose then we will keep your money, but if not we will refund you.

Just stop.
    Hi RedApples. I am curious about this post and wonder if you could expand.

You state: "they refunded pending bets on futures markets while not refunding the losing bets on the same markets".

Could you give me two actual examples of futures markets where:

1. The result was already (at least partially) determined
    2. 5Dimes voided/cancelled pending bets on that market but graded as a loss losing bets on the same market

The examples I can think of for 1 and 2 above might be a situation where certain teams are knocked out and have zero chance of winning the competition (5Dimes graded these as a loss) - whilst there are other teams still "in the running" (5Dimes graded these as void / cancel).

If this a correct interpretation of what you have stated I would be grateful to hear of concrete examples where this occurred.

Regards
    Last edited by SportsBettor74; 03-22-21 at 07:16 AM.

infotimbo
    infotimbo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9732

that new, constantly flashing "Brackets" button at the top should certainly be a reason to downgrade them...

bleedblue
    bleedblue's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4545

Sportsbettor74,

This was covered ad nauseam in previous threads, but they exited the market during the conference finals of NBA.

People posted about having bets on Miami Heat to win the East (this was very high odds) being voided, but bets on every other team being losses.

Basically taking in millions in futures bets, grading most as losses and voiding the rest.

Optional

Why are you rehashing all of this?

Just stop.
    Because no one else seemed motivated to answer the OP. And it should still be addressed.

Why do you want me to "just stop" this time , ya dumb box o rocks?!

Did you try what I suggested with the IoM regualtor? Or are you just going to squeal about it, do nothing, and try to shut me up from encouraging others?

SportsBettor74

Quote Originally Posted by bleedblue View Post
    Sportsbettor74,

This was covered ad nauseam in previous threads, but they exited the market during the conference finals of NBA.

People posted about having bets on Miami Heat to win the East (this was very high odds) being voided, but bets on every other team being losses.

Basically taking in millions in futures bets, grading most as losses and voiding the rest.
    I see. Thanks for the clarification. I did not read these previous threads.

Yes - that is clearly incorrect behaviour from 5Dimes.

5Dimes should have created a "value" formula for the pending bets based on the remaining candidates (and the odds at which the original bets were placed compared to their exact odds at the date/time of withdrawal) and the teams that were (already) knocked out. Using this formula, 5Dimes could have "graded" the pending bets as a (partial) win and graded the (already) lost bets as a loss.

There is no excuse for not doing this. The formula is easily calculated based on the "value" of each pending bet at the exact date/time that 5Dimes was forced to withdraw from the USA jurisdiction.

[NOTE: in the example given above, if Miami Heat were the ONLY team left in the competition (i.e. they had in fact won at the date/time of withdrawal) then these bets should obviously have been graded as a win at full face value. If there were other teams still in the running then use the formula as stated above to grade the Miami Heat tickets for a partial win]

I completely concur with all here who are stating that this behaviour from 5Dimes is inexcusable and a disgrace.

Again - thanks for the clarification.
    Last edited by SportsBettor74; 03-22-21 at 11:37 AM.

Thunderground

It's too bad people lost money with futures, but I'm mostly interested in SBR's position about whatever it was that transpired.

Perhaps, with everything that happened at 5D, it's understandable that SBR would extend some leniency, but we are talking six months and to have no rating for a book that is still operating is a little strange. Is there a fundamental disagreement between SBR and 5D? Is there a solution in the works or is it a stalemate?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: RedApples

SportsBettor74

In my opinion - 5Dimes failing to correctly grade CURRENT wagers that still had value [i.e. futures wagers on teams that had NOT been knocked out of the competition] is the behaviour of a D- book.

Everyone here understands the concept of value: a wager that is CURRENT has a chance of winning - and that chance is reflected in the odds at any given time (normalise odds to eliminate bookmaker vig). That is the [bookie's] perceived value of the wager.

It is reported above that customers had CURRENT wagers cancelled/voided when, in fact, the value of these wagers was greater than 0.

5Dimes know this and no doubt have analysts whom they pay >100k per year to make the simple calculation I refer to in my prior post.

D- book behaviour - - - SBR should allocate a rating commensurate with this.

RedApples
    sup

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderground View Post
    It's too bad people lost money with futures, but I'm mostly interested in SBR's position about whatever it was that transpired.

Perhaps, with everything that happened at 5D, it's understandable that SBR would extend some leniency, but we are talking six months and to have no rating for a book that is still operating is a little strange. Is there a fundamental disagreement between SBR and 5D? Is there a solution in the works or is it a stalemate?
    I 100% agree with you, and this is why I see Optionals posts as so concerning. He is flagrantly trying to push this under the rug. That was his & the SBR response when the news first hit, then they 'tried' to figure out what was going on, before telling us all we were SOL and there was nothing that could be done.

Sadly there is still nothing that can be done, but at the very least if SBR could stop trying to paint a picture as if players weren't scammed, that would be nice.. This first post by Optional in this thread is just beyond irresponsible. There is no need to call people names for being scammed either.

RedApples
    sup

Because no one else seemed motivated to answer the OP. And it should still be addressed.

Why do you want me to "just stop" this time , ya dumb box o rocks?!

Did you try what I suggested with the IoM regualtor? Or are you just going to squeal about it, do nothing, and try to shut me up from encouraging others?
    It's scary how disingenuous you are being and thankfully everyone can read. In what world am I "trying to shut you up from encouraging others"?

You didn't encourage anyone. You first stated that everything was okay, and only told me to file a meaningless report you know will do nothing- after the fact. Not to mention, I'm over with it. & what I choose to do and how much time I choose to spend fighting for money that was stolen from me is my prerogative. I already spent quite enough time on the topic.

I'm not squealing about anything, I haven't brought up the topic since it was fresh- many months ago. It's over. They scammed us. You weren't there to help, you still aren't there to help, and are only there to pour salt in the wounds apparently.

Just stop means, stop being such a shill and a liar, and meanwhile being a discredit to player advocacy. You know we got scammed, and still say what you said. So yes, just stop.

Shifty

Frankly I could care less about their SBR rating. Everyone who got robbed on futures should write to the New Jersey Division Gaming Enforcement. 5Dimes has an application to get into New Jersey...the regulators should know how they mishandled the futures bets for their US customers. Just one way to fck 5Dimes after they fckd you.

stackz125
    stackz125's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 218

Quote Originally Posted by Shifty View Post
    Frankly I could care less about their SBR rating. Everyone who got robbed on futures should write to the New Jersey Division Gaming Enforcement. 5Dimes has an application to get into New Jersey...the regulators should know how they mishandled the futures bets for their US customers. Just one way to fck 5Dimes after they fckd you.
    Good point. Very fair.

Show NJ 5D is shady as they come.
    Fhk them.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

lol 5 Dimes not getting into NJ even if they did will get crushed alive

Bet365 and most others just hanging on to dear life very little volume

Fandual and Draftkings total domination every state maybe MGM and Barstool and that is it

pokerdevil
    pokerdevil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 181

New Jersey is one of the most corrupt dirty places in the country. You pay $10k/year in property taxes on a starter home anywhere near the city and the place is still a dump with bad schools. You won't get anywhere complaining to their regulators lol

Shifty

Quote Originally Posted by pokerdevil View Post
    New Jersey is one of the most corrupt dirty places in the country. You pay $10k/year in property taxes on a starter home anywhere near the city and the place is still a dump with bad schools. You won't get anywhere complaining to their regulators lol
    Have to wonder if the regulators are on the take. Disagree on schools. There are good schools if you are in the right town.

Optional

I 100% agree with you, and this is why I see Optionals posts as so concerning. He is flagrantly trying to push this under the rug.
    Are you drunk?!

YOU were the one asking why I was bringing it up, and telling me to "stop now" weren't you

Just go away for gawds sake.

Anyone tried that IoM link yet?
    Last edited by Optional; 03-23-21 at 11:30 AM.

Thunderground

Can SBR give a clearer picture of what happened?

Is it correct to assume that 5D could easily pay these futures, but decided not to, kind of like a parting gift to the US?

As to Tony. Not everybody believes he's dead. One can see why. He was able to hide his identity for years, so when his cover was blown he may have been highly motivated to create a disguise. (The body was identified by dental records; from a local clinic?).

TerraNonFirma
    TerraNonFirma's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

I think I had a balance of $14 and change, left on 5Dimes, and I was never contacted by anyone to ask me where I would like my money sent. It wasn't a lot, obviously, but it's the thought that counts. They are losers, and will always be losers in my book.

I think I called a month or so, after the cut off cash out date, but was told I would be contacted by email. I never was. Good riddance, and goodbye forever ...

LongBall52

Quote Originally Posted by TerraNonFirma View Post
    I think I had a balance of $14 and change, left on 5Dimes, and I was never contacted by anyone to ask me where I would like my money sent. It wasn't a lot, obviously, but it's the thought that counts. They are losers, and will always be losers in my book.

I think I called a month or so, after the cut off cash out date, but was told I would be contacted by email. I never was. Good riddance, and goodbye forever ...
    To think they have/had a plan to be in the USA, would have to be a huge payoff somewhere. Or they could pay lawyers to rename and move money around forever until, they couldn't be recognized. Money can do amazing things. LOL!

I realize they have their fans, But fully hope they ARE gone forever.

Stallion
    Update your status
    Stallion's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16534

Betanysports is basically 5Dimes.

Thunderground

I remember the early SBR days, before the forum, when Dozer would keep sportsbooks honest.

12 Last